Thread: EBD Fault

Spyder Garage

Default EBD Fault

Put on your thinking caps, I've got a problem to solve. Went to take my RT out today and realized I'd left it off the charger again (for as long as I've owned it, if not ridden, the battery will die in a weeks time if not left on the tender)....but that's not my problem today. Got the battery charged and now I'm getting a EBD Fault. Hit the start button and NOTHING HAPPENS. ????

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Pull up codes , battey might be going bad, or you have something draining for battery

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doesn't that fault concern the braking system?
    How's the pedal feel?
    And with Roger; check the kill-switch... It's to miss the obvious, and it sure wouldn't be the first time that it's happened...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Are you sure your kill switch isn't in the Kill position?

I actually thought the same thing....would have kicked myself if that was it.

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post
    Put on your thinking caps, I've got a problem to solve. Went to take my RT out today and realized I'd left it off the charger again (for as long as I've owned it, if not ridden, the battery will die in a weeks time if not left on the tender)....but that's not my problem today. Got the battery charged and now I'm getting a EBD Fault. Hit the start button and NOTHING HAPPENS. ????
    weirdest dang thing. went back out to start troubleshooting, decided to try it one more time first.....started right up, no codes, nothing. ???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Face it...
    Once your bike knew that you were calling upon all of the Spyderlovers to figure out what was going on; it KNEW that it was time to quit teasing you...

Spyder Garage

went for a nice ryde with NO ISSUES...going to look into the battery. This will be my second battery, seem to last about two year (about as much as rear tire). Does this sound right? I asked my dealer about it last time I changed battery and they didn't seem concerned.

Spyder Garage

If you keep it on a battery maintainer you may get a bit more longevity.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

If you get a new battery, make sure it is prepared properly before you connect it up and start your Spyder. Not doing a proper setup is a major cause of a short lifespan.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make sure that they've fully charged it...

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post
    went for a nice ryde with NO ISSUES...going to look into the battery. This will be my second battery, seem to last about two year (about as much as rear tire). Does this sound right? I asked my dealer about it last time I changed battery and they didn't seem concerned.
    From your picture, it looks like you own an RT, judging from your join date I imagine it is a 2010. Battery life for you seems pretty short, when there are a lot of us getting 3, 4, and 5 years out of batteries. My '10 that I traded off in March of this year had the original battery in it and had never been on a maintainer and was still working great.
    I think I remember a service bulletin about a faulty radio harness that could cause electrical problems. I may be wrong, but it might not hurt to research it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup!
    Some radio harnesses were stealing all of the fun out of batteries...

GOOD CATCH!