Spyder Garage

Unhappy 2008 GS Battery REplaced

I replaced by Spyder battery with one from the local Can Am dealer. Got everything put back together and when I turn the key on.....nothing.....dash is dead as if the battery isn't there. Is there a video somewhere to show me if I got it back together properly?
    HELP!
    2008 GS Se5-
    Heli Bars, Corbin Seat, Corbin Smuggler Trunk. Custom Dynamics Handlebar Accents and extended Parking Brake Peddle. Spyderpops Air Management System-Missing Air Dam-Heat Shield. BajaRon's anti-sway bar. Spyderpops bumpskid.

Spyder Garage

Default WORSE THOUGHT

WORSE THOUGHT......
    did you get the polarity correct........??????
    please check and see.... then check your fuse box for fried fuses.... otherwise i'd say the battery was not good from the start...
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Battery replacement

Update: The lights on the front of the fenders gave a little blip when I turned the key. Still nothing on the dash.

Maybe the battery just needs charging?? I put a battery tender on it.

I'm fairly positive the polarity is correct. Haven't checked the fuses yet.
    2008 GS Se5-
    Heli Bars, Corbin Seat, Corbin Smuggler Trunk. Custom Dynamics Handlebar Accents and extended Parking Brake Peddle. Spyderpops Air Management System-Missing Air Dam-Heat Shield. BajaRon's anti-sway bar. Spyderpops bumpskid.

Spyder Garage

Default keep

Quote Originally Posted by pamopfl View Post
    Update: The lights on the front of the fenders gave a little blip when I turned the key. Still nothing on the dash.

Maybe the battery just needs charging?? I put a battery tender on it.

I'm fairly positive the polarity is correct. Haven't checked the fuses yet.
    KEEP US POSTED PAM.....
    WE DO CARE...

Spyder Garage

I would definitely check the fuses, it doesn't take much to burn those precious pieces. Keep us posted
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit

2017 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I replaced by Spyder battery with one from the local Can Am dealer. Got everything put back together and when I turn the key on.....nothing.....dash is dead as if the battery isn't there. Is there a video somewhere to show me if I got it back together properly?
    HELP!
    There are is 2 wires for the Pos + post, did you leave one off ?

Spyder Garage

Default 2008 GS Battery Replacement

Checked all the fuses (in Frunk and Under the Seat) and they are OK.
    Rechecked connections and Red/Positive with two wires connected correctly.
    Black/Negative connected correctly.

Battery Tender shows solid red Charging light and blinking green Storage light.

Still nothing showing up on the dash console.
    2008 GS Se5-

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

if you have jumper cables hook it up to the car and see if it comes to life. If it does the battery is needing a charge which a tender will not do. If it does not then there is some missing/bad connection. Could be the ignition switch or faulty ground...let us know..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Battery replacement

Hubby got home from being out of town. He deduced that the battery the Can-Am Dealer sold me for $153.00 has a bad cell in it. Back to the store I go tomorrow.
    2008 GS Se5-

Spyder Garage

Keep us posted. Never good when you get a defective "new" part. The upside: The second install is going to go a lot quicker.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Battery

HELP!
    That battery is ytx24hl-bs......YTX24HL-BS High Performance - Maintenance Free - Sealed AGM Motorcycle Battery ..
    Amazon has several listing on it this is one of them in link above....Fully charged....ready to go.....I beleive Walmart also sells that batt.

Freebob...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by freebob View Post
    That battery is ytx24hl-bs....
    Freebob...
    What's the difference between a "BS" and the one I replaced which didn't have the BS on it?

Thanks
    2008 GS Se5-

Spyder Garage

Default On the road again

Second battery installed and all is well again.
    Thanks to all who responded and helped!
    2008 GS Se5-