Thread: SAFETY

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SAFETY

I don't know if this has been posted before, but safety is always a good think to be reminded about.
    Found on Fox news
    The Whistler WHL-80 Helmet Safety Light combines a bright, self-adhesive eight-LED display that mounts to any helmet, and a wireless transmitter connected to the motorcycles wiring. Once installed up, it gives riders a higher profile with an additional running light, along with brake lights and left and right directional signals that activate whenever the driver uses the motorcycle’s existing controls.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Very nice..!!

http://www.amazon.ca/WHISTLER-WHL-80.../dp/B00JZR0D4W amazon had them but are out of stock and don't know when they will have more. Is a nice safety feature...thanks..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Great Idea! Gonna get 2 of them. Thanks for the post.

http://www.carid.com/whistler-miscel...-25519507.html
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I would like to see a video of it working before I decide to get one. Also there are no reviews for this item on any of the sites that are carrying this. I think I will wait a while before I give up my $100.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is great idea/concept. I might get one for my snowmobile trail riding helmet if the battery will last. You can never see the snowmobile tail lights.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is real a wake up call to people that experience a close call.

I'm not surprised why they out of stock. I used red reflector tape for now and available at harbor freight for less than $6/pkg of 10.

Spyder Garage

Another safety device is Back Off Wig Wag brake light signal module for bikes with 2 brake lights like the RT it will flash the right side lights then the left side, easy to install 4 wires

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...Dig it...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a good idea.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would have to turn it off when the wife is on the back or it would drive her nuts!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I would have to turn it off when the wife is on the back or it would drive her nuts!

Bob
    I will keep it on Bob...

My wife allways knock te rear of my helmet when i'm braking.

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

This is built by the Whistler Group, the same folks who make radar detectors and other products. As they are an established company, I would think the quality of their product is likely good. But this is just guessing. It's supposed to be released sometime in 'late July'. Right now, I see it listed, but most sites say they are out of stock.

Also Finless, if you have one of those Back-Off or other type blinky-brake-lights contraptions installed, I would think you could hook it up to take it's signal from it & REALLY drive your wife nuts or hypnotize her!