Spyder Garage

Default Bastrop State Road 1 C

Any input on Road between Bastrop and Buesher State park for spyder riders.

On the sunday breakfast rub couple sunday ago , brougt back a memory of Bastrop State Park as a kid .
    Did not ride it back then we walked it 12 miles from park to park .

Jim

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

But it will be a lot quicker on a spyder... Sounds like an interesting jaunt if the roads are paved and the weather is good...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I rode this in the mid 70's on my Honda 750 Super Sport when I lived in Austin. It is now P1 (Park Road 1). I remember it as being pretty fun on a 2 wheeler, sure it would be just as much - if not more - fun on a . If you do ride it, I'd like to get your input as to how the performs. Also, tons of great rides in the Hill Country West of Austin. Have Fun!!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Nice little wining road

Hubby and I took that road last year, just to see where it went. It was an easy paved small two lane road. Has a few good twisties but we were ryding just to see the sights so no real speed was involved. Take some water with you the sun was beating down pretty good since the fire the trees have not come back.

Header should have read *winding*
    Last edited by ElgynSpyder; 07-15-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    2016 F3T SE Pearl White
    Purple powder coated wheels
    Performance sway bar
    LED headlights and fog lights
    Short Reach handlebars
    2010 RT A/C SE traded in

Spyder Garage

If you took that road in the past when it had all the trees and was beautiful, you're jaw will drop when you see the devastation of what the fire did.
    We went through it not too long ago, and it is still just unbelievable.

PS: We did it on the Spyder with the trailer.

Spyder Garage

Default park road

I have taken the Spyder twice on this road and it is scenic, but follow the posted speed limit. It is enforced. RevJVegas is right about the devastation. I think you will like it overall, though. The last ride through there I saw a group of wild turkeys walking across the road, so watch out for critters.
    2010 Full Moon Silver RS SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Done Deal

I rode the Park Road 1 C , Wed evening 6 pm ish .
    It was a nice quite ride. Still alot of devastion in the trees, seem worst on the Bastrop side of park .
    Saw a few critter, ratcoons . ONLY saw 2 cars , i was parked at look out point so did not pass them. But did pass one 2 wheeler .
    Nice few spots on twissties and hills . Nothing earth shattering , should have rode it in he dark .....
    Jim