Spyder Garage

Default Front Hood Release button

I have a 2013 RT Limited. When the key is on I can not open for front Hood. Still can push the key down and turn counter clockwise to get it to open. Has anyone else had this problem? The switch also has the parking brake on the switch which still works. Thanks.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

In having the same issue. I guess I will have to call the dealer and have it looked at.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alroy60 View Post
    I have a 2013 RT Limited. When the key is on I can not open for front Hood. Still can push the key down and turn counter clockwise to get it to open. Has anyone else had this problem? The switch also has the parking brake on the switch which still works. Thanks.
    The switches (there are two) for the "frunk" are notoriously faulty. I am waiting on two new switches to make mine work again. Thank goodness there is a way to open it manually. Last summer, when the first set went, I was in Delaware on vacation, and I could not close and latch the frunk. Had to go to the hardware store & buy some light rope to tie the frunk cover down. Imagine my embarrassment when someone asked me "what's the rope for"? Then, the day before we had to head home, it magically worked again. Who knows how the BRP engineers thought this one out. Maybe that's why the 2014's don't have the dashboard switch as standard equipment. Hang in, let the dealer replace the switches, and be on your way. I know it is irritating that a "standard" feature doesn't always work, but as long as you can open it with the key, at least you have access to it. Good Luck!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I've only had this for a week. Yes doesn't matter since the key will still unlock the frunk.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer replaced the switch after they tried to fix it but will not work after a week. So far no problem and happy thanks Lifestyle Honda in Mount Vernon, WA.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alroy60 View Post
    There was another thread about this a few days ago. When the Frunk is open, standing in front of the Spyder, there is a bar protruding from the left side of the lid that has to trigger a micro switch (just to the left of the latch) in order for the electric switch to work. It may be out of alignment or the switch bent or the switch is bad.

Open the Frunk, start the Spyder, reset the latch (in the center) as if the lid was closed, hold the micro switch down and have someone activate the switch on the Spyder control panel. If the latch opens, your switch is out of alignment or the bar is not making contact with the switch. If it does not open the latch, your switch is probably bad.
    50 YEARS & STILL GOING STRONG....

Spyder Garage

Default frunk

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one having this problem. Mine just started about a week ago.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    There was another thread about this a few days ago. When the Frunk is open, standing in front of the Spyder, there is a bar protruding from the left side of the lid that has to trigger a micro switch (just to the left of the latch) in order for the electric switch to work. It may be out of alignment or the switch bent or the switch is bad.

Open the Frunk, start the Spyder, reset the latch (in the center) as if the lid was closed, hold the micro switch down and have someone activate the switch on the Spyder control panel. If the latch opens, your switch is out of alignment or the bar is not making contact with the switch. If it does not open the latch, your switch is probably bad.
    Mine is working sometimes, and not in a specific sequence.

Spyder Garage

First easy thing to do is check the switch in the frunk and make sure it's not bent. It is real easy to bend this.

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 07-15-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Harvey and Bob!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black