Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations!

A BIG WELCOME!

This is "THE BEST" Spyder forum on the internet! Tons of good information, and friendly, helpful people too! Be sure to check out the "DIY" section and LaMonster's videos!

RYDE SAFE & ENJOY YOUR.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stallion143 View Post
    A BIG WELCOME!

This is "THE BEST" Spyder forum on the internet! Tons of good information, and friendly, helpful people too! Be sure to check out the "DIY" section and LaMonster's videos!

RYDE SAFE & ENJOY YOUR.....
    Will do..many thanks!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Battery Tender Jr.

Thanks to this site, I was able to hook up the pigtail for the Jr. without any issues. The diagram in the owners manual was sort of sketchy, but thanks to some of the posts on here, I was able to remove the panels and hook it up. Next I plan on a little mod to add my own designed to the opening on the right side panel, up by the foot brake..needs a little something to fill in that gap..hmmmmmm...

Spyder Garage

Welcome and many safe and happy miles!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Take care and have fun, ride safe.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Default First cruise

Today I went for the first cruise on my '08 RS. My buddy and I did about 40 miles. Mostly under posted 55 MPH roads. Very impressed with the low end as well as the handling. And having suffered a TBI in 2001, I was unsure that regaining the freedom of riding would be possible. It was a great experience. I plan on doing more miles in the months to come. I am hooked.

On a side note...I found an old thread and have decided on a few mods. One being a USB plug, probably this one http://www.burnsmoto.com/usb-power-s...of.php.(Anyone have a set up like this?) Being I already have a Tender Jr. hooked up, it seems like the logical choice. Another will be either fabricated highway pegs or off the shelf ones. Just unsure as to style, so those will need more research.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to my Wife, I was able to come up with a way to display my placard and have some security
    http://

I used some plexiglass I already had, some small machine nuts and bolts, small pieces of vinyl hose to prevent cracking and a plastic coated master lock cable.
    Last edited by Vader; 08-24-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Update

Been riding nearly every day trying to get some miles in different road and traffic conditions. The 2008 RS is incredible. Really enjoy the freedom I figured was gone.
    Today, after returning from a morning ride, I noticed the rear license plate light lens cover missing. The screw was tight and present. There was a small amount of plastic, which I figured was from the lens, between the screw and mounting tab. Searched on line and ordered the modified replacement which acts as a plate light and additional marker lamp. As per some posts regarding this, I will apply some RTV silicone in addition to the screw.

Spyder Garage

TBI sux but surviving can help inspire others, 2yr of rehab I'm vertical again &proving doctors wrong! Hope to meet u out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408958657.612149.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    TBI sux but surviving can help inspire others, 2yr of rehab I'm vertical again &proving doctors wrong! Hope to meet u out
    Keep on keeping on. Doctors know a lot, but not everything about the heart and soul of each person.
    Thanks for sharing..safe riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Come on up Route 17 (Or is it 86 yet?)
    Sullivan County!
    Still Rt. 17. They have the signs up for I-86 but they are covered. Now & again you se a "future I-86" sign.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default New to the group and to Soyders

Good day all, 1st I want to say thank you to all who have put together all the information on the site it help me a lot, 2nd i can't wait to get my , I pick it up this Friday 09 GSvp3895070_2a1_large.jpg hope to have many adentures on it
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Greets

I could have swore I already welcomed you here and congrats on the Spyder.

Good to have another RS in our FLEET.

Chas

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome!

Hi and Welcome to the Wonderful World of Spyders! Congrats on your new bike and your new found freedom (after your injury). We wish you the best and if there is anything we can do to help out we'd love to!

Brewer Cycles

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome I too have balance issues

I suffered a Cerebral Embolism while on a scuba dive. Lots nof time in decompression chamber and physical therapy to regain about 90% of my balance and awareness of surroundings.
    That is the reason I got a Spyder. Best thing I ever did. No issues with balance on the Spyder and it is a dream to ryde. I have just alittle over 9000 miles and going strong. My wife loves ro ryde on the back.

Jerry

2013 RT-Limited Pearl White Chocolate Seat
    RT-622 Trailer
    Baker Air Wings
    Diamond R Arm Rests
    12 V power outlet in Frunk
    BRPTravel Cover
    Spyderpops Bump Skid, Belt Rock Guard
    Utopia Driver backrest
    RT Cup Holder/Accessory Mount
    ISCI tall flag Holder
    Custom Dynamics Run-Brake-Turn LED HMT Light
    Custom Dynamics GEN2c Brake Light Strobe/Flasher
    Tricled LED Flag Light, R/V Mirror Turn Signals

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EllijaySpyder View Post
    I suffered a Cerebral Embolism while on a scuba dive. Lots nof time in decompression chamber and physical therapy to regain about 90% of my balance and awareness of surroundings.
    That is the reason I got a Spyder. Best thing I ever did. No issues with balance on the Spyder and it is a dream to ryde. I have just alittle over 9000 miles and going strong. My wife loves ro ryde on the back.

Jerry
    Thats awesome Jerry! Thanks for sharing

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Hey all..new to the forum. Friday I picked up a 2008 RS with 1,955 miles. Came with a backrest, Hindle exhaust and taller windshield. I suffered a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) in 2001 which affects my balance as well as other things. I am hoping to have it all legal this week. Very excited. If anyone has any helpful hint, tips or suggestions..i am all ears.
    Welcome too the site, I see your initial post was ahwhile ago but that said great site, I dont post often but do and have collected alot of info and upgrades for my trike. I also have an issue with balance cause of a condition and the Spyder is the ticket. We both have the same bike so posiibly some of the things I did too mine will help your self. If one was 5 6" young and in shape mine woulda been fine, but im 6' 235 and NOT in shape and also balance and leg strength is a concern so the riding position had to be tuned a bit. With out typing a huge post I put BRP comfort seat think there is prob better ones out there But was on the shelf and was needed factory one was too hard. Floor boards, Hi way pegs I had too have the option to stretch my legs out, Heli-bars brought the bars back 4.5 " and up 1". My bike is a Manual but know the $ I spent was needed or I couldn't continue too ride it especially for long distances was horrible for myself on long distance trips. In my Pic below the handle bars are not back, and the hiway pegs are not on it yet..Doug
    Last edited by CANUCK SPYDER; 10-01-2014 at 09:36 AM.