Thread: tUNNING IDEAS

Spyder Garage

Default tUNNING IDEAS

Hello everyone.
    I apologize in advance for my not perfect English.
    i?m new in this forum.
    I live in Italy and I would like to ask you about some possible tuning on RS-S.
    my ideas are TWO.
    the first,
    change air filter, exhaust, remap the ECU for an increase in power. and with that work on front and rear sprockets to increase the maximum speed without losing acceleration.

the second option is just to remap the ECU looking for a suitable software.

ps.company names are welcome as I order them to ship me know about them in the U.S. and in Italy.

thanks in advance for your help.
    Alex

Spyder Garage

Being from Italy, you may do better seeing what mods can be adapted from the Aprillia that shares a similar engine.

Being creative, possibly swapping cams, and an ecu may see some substantial gains from a proven machine.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/

http://af1racing.com/store/Scripts/default.asp

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Alex,
    Read up on what the AF1 guys are doing. To get any real gains at this point your going to have to be willing to have more Aprilia parts and electronics on your machine than BRP. BRP keeps the ecu pretty locked down for end user tuning/mapping.

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

the only changes you can do here are fuel controlers with pipe modifications. Air systems and the few that have managed a supercharger.. You actually have more to work with over there where restriction, limitations, and law suits are all but non exsistant. After checking lets us know and we may have you help us with parts and modifications...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    the only changes you can do here are fuel controlers with pipe modifications. Air systems and the few that have managed a supercharger.. You actually have more to work with over there where restriction, limitations, and law suits are all but non exsistant. After checking lets us know and we may have you help us with parts and modifications...
    Oh please. There are plenty of mods that are labeled track only but see stop lights every day by the end users.

Get that bike to rip, but be careful.

When we were first looking at Spyders, it was not a new 1330 RT. Once I learned the Aprillia and Spyder were long lost cousins, I started doing homework. Look for cam and ecu stuff. Pipe is a given.

In all of this though, I will say that I hope you have an SM5, since the auto clutch may explode under a big HP increase.

I would also see about get the heat removed from the fuel.

PK

Spyder Garage

Yes build a Braprillia. It even sounds fast.

PK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Yes build a Braprillia. It even sounds fast.

PK
    ahah BRAPRILIA LOOKS COOL PMK!

thanks for your answers.
    for my understanding, work on the pipe is the last thing( maybe just for the sound ).
    i used to have APRILIA ( but for scooter )

so ,some more information:
    - SPYDER RSS 2010 ...SE5... .
    for my knowledge work around ECU filter and eventually pipe is good for a 5% (max) of increasing in HP) . so in theory even if I have SE5 should be
    acceptable.
    I will definitely inform you about the world aprilia rotax.
    my only doubt is that I think our ECU also controls all systems of ABS traction control, etc..
    I would not, that changes with control units or pieces BRP can create problems for the spyder.

I am speaking sincerely as profane.
    The fact is very simple. I have a spyder that scoured up to third gear (also because I have to change tires ..) but then it stops at 190 kmh at high rpm.
    that's why I'd like to change sprockets for my spyder to go faster and let him have a lower cruising speed and rpm (and therefore fuel) .

SO THAT'S THE REASON to do this.and of course go faster than other motos and my friend spyder rss---DDDDD

Spyder Garage

http://www.ebay.it/itm/AP8176156-BLO...item484f42fb7c

a new engine.

it seems the tuono 2008 rotax engine.
    should be 138 hp..