Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Last edited by SNOOPY; 07-13-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Sp

Spyder Garage

Finless,

When an alignment is done, whether it's the standard BRP or laser alignment, is the slope/pitch of the road taken into account? There is a pitch/slope for water drainage, isn't there? Also, is that pitch/slope the same on all roads? Or, is the pitch/slope insignificant, and it's not taken into account.

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Has to be said that a well set-up Spyder is a relaxing ride.
    That said some people take relaxation on a bike a little too far......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mstngken View Post
    Bring that spyder over here to ohio I bet you dont let go of the handle bars for more than a sec before you grab them and grip them tight and say holy sh$$.
    Why? Roads that bad?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Finless,

When an alignment is done, whether it's the standard BRP or laser alignment, is the slope/pitch of the road taken into account? There is a pitch/slope for water drainage, isn't there? Also, is that pitch/slope the same on all roads? Or, is the pitch/slope insignificant, and it's not taken into account.

Thanks
    I have no clue as I have NOT had an alignment done. But if there is a lot of pitch in the road, my Spyder does want to drift up the pitch be it left or right.

Snoopy, how did you do your own for 60?

Finally I am not trying to sell alignments. Only show that your Spyder should not be all over the road and hard to steer.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

My ST handled like that before and after my alignment was done. But from my front tire wear it was obvious that I needed an alignment done.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Ohio Roads

We have more than our share of bad roads & streets her in Northwestern Ohio. Fostoria has some of the worst bumpy and/or washboard pavement of any town around here. They make the somewhat bad county roads and highways seem smooth. This hard winter we just had made a lot of good roads bad and the bad ones worse. Fostoria is just bad all the time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Nice thread Finless.

Surprised it hasn't been pulled since people here are making big money on laser alignments.

I did my own laser alignment for $60. Bike was close from factory, but not perfect.

With an hour and a half and a few tweaks, I made it perfect.

And have the stuff to check it anytime I want.

It's not rocket science, but it is big business for some on this forum.

Not really seeing this type of thread lasting long here, but thanks.

Just curious, have you had someone with the Rolo Laser Alignment check out your DIY alignment? While you think it is perfect I'd be willing to put money on it not being perfect. And really why in the heck would this thread be pulled? Do you always look for the worst in everything?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Last edited by SNOOPY; 07-13-2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Sp

Spyder Garage

Nice thread Finless.

Surprised it hasn't been pulled since people here are making big money on laser alignments.

I did my own laser alignment for $60. Bike was close from factory, but not perfect.

I would have to bet with Anne on this one.

So you are saying that you have come up with a system that measures from the exact center of the hub and can also reset your sensors after the alignment for $60? You may think that you have it set correctly, but if you aren't getting your sensors reset using BUDS, your computer system is not going to agree with you on what straight really is.

As far as the "big money" people are supposedly making, why don't you go on the road offering to align folks using your system. Start adding up the fees for being a sponsor and the costs associated with actually getting to where the folks are at and you may change your mind on what exactly constitutes "big money."

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Nice thread Finless.

Hi Snoopy. Sounds great to me. I'm willing to spend the equivalent of $60 to self-tweak my RT's alignment. I'd be grateful for a parts shopping list and to hear how it's done... please?

2011 RT-S SE5, Acumen Tempest Cat-1 Alarm, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner,
    Autocom Super Pro Auto, Garmin Zumo 550 BT, 10amp Socket, Front Fender LED's,
    Grip Puppies, Spyderpop Belt Guard, Nautilus Horn, Shortee Antenna, BajaRon's Swaybar,
    Cree LED Day Running Lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I would have to bet with Anne on this one.

So you are saying that you have come up with a system that measures from the exact center of the hub and can also reset your sensors after the alignment for $60? You may think that you have it set correctly, but if you aren't getting your sensors reset using BUDS, your computer system is not going to agree with you on what straight really is.

As far as the "big money" people are supposedly making, why don't you go on the road offering to align folks using your system. Start adding up the fees for being a sponsor and the costs associated with actually getting to where the folks are at and you may change your mind on what exactly constitutes "big money."

I did have the dealer reset my BUDS...but as Lamont has said..if it isn't off much it isn't really necessary.

And yes, I set it from the center of the hub. Yes using the same dimensions as ROLO...78" front to rear if I remember right? (Have to look at my paperwork)

And no I don't have the time to take it to the streets. They were more than willing to share way before you all signed up as a business. And yes I asked about being a sponsor and refused because it was much higher than sponsorships I offer on my car sites. Believe me, you're not dealing w an idiot I make myself out to be lol this is the internet after all and I can be whoever I wish to be.

And as far as price, I can have all 4 wheels on any car in the US aligned professionally for $49-$69 and it takes a good hour to do it right. The laser alignment (once you get use to doing a couple takes 20-30 minutes) yet you charge $120 ?

So you tell me who's making the big money? I remember Lamont bragging about doing 3 an hour in the beginning? It's great you all are making money.

I'm into the truth, not trying to undermine anyone, but be truthful and give your fellow Spyder rider a good deal.

Any other questions? Really, I understand 95% of the forum can't do their own alignment and that's why ROLO does great and I appreciate that...but don't you dare put me down thinking I'm not capable of doing my own!
    Last edited by SNOOPY; 07-13-2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Clarity

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    Hi Snoopy. Sounds great to me. I'm willing to spend the equivalent of $60 to self-tweak my RT's alignment. I'd be grateful for a parts shopping list and to hear how it's done... please?

Sorry.

I understand the rules here, and we have sponsors supporting this site using this technology.

Im not here to interfere w their livelyhood.

Do some research, search youtube, search threads here and you can find enough to get this done ...if you have some ingenuity and some math skills.

If not then ROLO can sell you those skills and technology for a price.

Sorry.

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow! Never knew what I was missing. I never dared do that! :'(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Perhaps I misunderstood the tone of your post. I disagree with you on these issues but no hate.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    Perhaps I misunderstood the tone of your post. I disagree with you on these issues but no hate.

Sorry, like you said, hard to tell the tone of things here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did have the dealer reset my BUDS...but as Lamont has said..if it isn't off much it isn't really necessary.

And yes, I set it from the center of the hub. Yes using the same dimensions as ROLO...78" front to rear if I remember right? (Have to look at my paperwork)

And no I don't have the time to take it to the streets. I have spoken intensively w a certain ROLO person about all of this. They were more than willing to share way before you all signed up as a business. And yes I asked about being a sponsor and refused because it was much higher than sponsorships I offer on my car sites. Believe me, you're not dealing w an idiot I make myself out to be lol this is the internet after all and I can be whoever I wish to be.

And as far as price, I can have all 4 wheels on any car in the US aligned professionally for $49-$69 and it takes a good hour to do it right. The laser alignment (once you get use to doing a couple takes 20-30 minutes) yet you charge $120 ?

So you tell me who's making the big money? I remember Lamont bragging about doing 3 an hour in the beginning? It's great you all are making money.

I'm into the truth, not trying to undermine anyone, but be truthful and give your fellow Spyder rider a good deal.

Any other questions? Really, I understand 95% of the forum can't do their own alignment and that's why ROLO does great and I appreciate that...but don't you dare put me down thinking I'm not capable of doing my own!
    Most people would have to pay their dealer to hook their Spyder up to BUDS, I know mine would want 1/2 hr labor which would be $55, so your $60 alignment is now at $110. And I still stand by my earlier statement that I am willing to put money on yours not being properly aligned.

In addition to what Grey Ghost said we have a lot of money invested in other tools, computers, software, jacks, etc.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

My $60 in tools allows me to do it as often as I like, so only cost now would be BUDS hook up (if needed).

I do understand the costs of running a shop, especially the real estate side