Default Heat comming from under the seat in the front how to stop it

Does anybody have this problem.
    Way to much heat coming out of in front of the seat

Would like to join a group from this area. Bellingham Wa

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnval View Post
    I note this is your first post. So, what are you driving? More information will help with getting an answer.

I note you went off line within a minute of your post.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I note this is your first post. So, what are you driving? More information will help with getting an answer.

I note you went off line within a minute of your post.
    to all,,,,,, rule #1 what is your ride? I'm here in Whidbey Island.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It took him from September until now; to realize that he's not comfortable with the bike??
    There's more to this, than meets the eye...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

check your exhaust gaskets,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Point taken... I forgot that you guys have a different sort of weather out there!

You don't think that the Recreational Marijuana might be affecting folks' judgement yet; do you?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Under seat heat

Yo JeffnVal,
    First: What Spyder model?
    Second: What type of Ryding gear? Leather? Shorts?
    Third: We are in Bellingham, sent you a PM give us a Jingle
    Spyderkidz

Spyder Garage

Hi Jeff,

I know what you are talking about, its cool weather from September to June in Bellingham (I am just north of you in Lynden), seldom getting over 60, but since then the heat has climbed into the 70's and 80's now and the heat that came out around the seat is horrible when I had my 2011 RT. I did fix it so give me a call and I will go over the fix with you. We have an informal club as well we can talk about.

Randy 360 815-4232

Spyder Garage

Take the seat locking post off, cover the latch area with duct tape, & ryde.

2014 RT-S SE6

Mods:
    Custom Dynamics Magic Brake Strobe
    Ram cup holder & mount
    Ram GPS mount
    BajaRon's anti sway bar & links
    Spyderpop's Bump/Skid plate
    Gorilla Alarm
    Lamont Laser Alignment
    Corbin Seat & Backrest
    Luggage Rack on Trunk
    Akrapovic Exhaust
    Lamont's primary muffler delete
    Spyderpop's missing belt guard
    Lidlox helmet locks
    Pinstriping by "Killer Designs by Darin"

Spyder Garage

Cool

My exhaust spring was broke n cooked the gasket / I'd give that a check

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Eagle View Post
    Take the seat locking post off, cover the latch area with duct tape, & ryde.
    I covered mine with DEI reflective heat tape.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

One thing about the group I enjoy is that I have issues, snoop around a bit and find answers! Will be doing the reflective tape once I get home. Thank you for sharing the DIY fix!

Spyder Garage

Default heat

I have a 2014 RTS new with 500 miles. I to can feel heat coming from under the seat. I also hear a loud fan that comes on occasionally. I had chalked it up to the break in period but now I am not sure . I live in San Diego so mild climate.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What you're feeling on a 2014 RT... is probably perfectly normal.
    They've routed the exhaust underneath the engine, and in the underbody airflow
    They've moved the TWIN radiators up in front of the A-arms

It's pretty darn difficult to imagine where you'd be getting any serious heat from the bike on you that isn't going to be expected...

Spyder Garage

I eliminated 95% of the heat and stopped the boiling tank. I used thermo blanketing that you use under the hood on cars and trucks. I cut it to fit up and over the air cleaner and down to just above the header pipe (this material is treated with flame retardant). I then took more of it and run up and under the fuel tank and taped it to the first blanket with aluminum duct tape. This forces all the heat down and under the bike instead of up and around the seat. I was carful to fit it right and it was great after that.

I then took it a step further by removing the useless small pieces on the side panels and glue the blanket to all of the side panels to cover every inch possible. I also did the lower black filler panels. this kept the heat from radiating from the panels when parked or idling.

I also blocked the side duct and insulated everything to prevent any heat getting out on or near my right foot. I remove the stone cover so the heat could be pushed down and out the bottom. An days work but it paid in spades for heat control.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    I have a 2014 RTS new with 500 miles. I to can feel heat coming from under the seat. I also hear a loud fan that comes on occasionally. I had chalked it up to the break in period but now I am not sure . I live in San Diego so mild climate.
    Just out of curiosity, have you ridden street motorcycles (two wheelers) in the past?
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    I eliminated 95% of the heat and stopped the boiling tank. I used thermo blanketing that you use under the hood on cars and trucks. I cut it to fit up and over the air cleaner and down to just above the header pipe (this material is treated with flame retardant). I then took more of it and run up and under the fuel tank and taped it to the first blanket with aluminum duct tape. This forces all the heat down and under the bike instead of up and around the seat. I was carful to fit it right and it was great after that.

I then took it a step further by removing the useless small pieces on the side panels and glue the blanket to all of the side panels to cover every inch possible. I also did the lower black filler panels. this kept the heat from radiating from the panels when parked or idling.

I also blocked the side duct and insulated everything to prevent any heat getting out on or near my right foot. I remove the stone cover so the heat could be pushed down and out the bottom. An days work but it paid in spades for heat control.
    Have you posted a step by step of what all you did with pics etc? Id be highly interested in it please Sir. And from what i have read thus far there are a ton of others who would be as well.

Registered Users Top End Unlimited's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Heat

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post

I wish you didn't live so far away, cause I've got a job for you ! LOL! Going to try that on mine this week. Wish me luck !

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Happy wrenhing!