Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tires

Spyder Garage

Just Ordered a Kumho Ecsta AST from Discount Tire - They said it will ship middle of this week. Now to see if Dealer will mount it or not.......

Spyder Garage

Scratch that. They cannot get them anymore.....thought they might have some stock, guess not......
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    to both of the above....
    1. only one 'CON'... looks like KUMHO has discontinued manufacturing of the 225/50 r15 size...
    it's still on their listing, but i can't seem to find anyone that carries them anymore: http://www.kumhousa.com/tire/categor...6-DFB6B4B089E7
    2. SPYD3Rs are perfectly safe with car tires... reason being, our rides are more like a car than a motorcycle; no leaning... i have over 30,000 miles on the KUMHO'S (2 so far on the rear), and i have only witnessed a marked increase in performance, mileage, etc etc etc....

Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tir...25&ar=50&rd=15

Spyder Garage

I checked the link you posted and it stated the tire was special order only. So, I wonder?????????????

Spyder Garage

Default Kumho 225-50R/15

I just picked up 2 Kumho for the rear today here in Houston,Tx . The Discount Tire store has 2 more in stock . I paid $75.00 each. Now I have a spare rear tire.

Spyder Garage

Smile Last front tires we're gonna buy

Quote Originally Posted by shroth View Post
    I need to replace both front & rear tires. I've seen a lot of people say Bridgestone up front & Kuhmo on the back. My car tire dealer has expressed a lot of concern about speed rating & the safety of car tires being on a Spyder.

Any help would be appreciated. Trying to get this done before I leave on vacation!!
    We have a Kumho Ecsta on the rear that Discount tire got and have over 12,000 miles on it with good tread left. We will probably get a Michelin for the rear within the next 10,000 miles. The wife has 47,000 miles on her 11 RT and the Kumho is her third rear tire. We just got the front laser aligned (should have done it 2 yrs ago) and put on some Michelin defenders on the front that are rated at 90,000 miles. Discount tire got them in the 175/65R14 size and they mounted them to replace the second set of Kendas that had uneven wear. Hopefully the alignment will cure that problem. We'll check them out this weekend on a 700 mile spin, but the wife says the Michelins track great on the rotomill surface that she traverses everyday on her daily commute. Her words "the Kendas were "mushy" when riding on the grooved surface, but the Michelins are solid". If the wife's happy, I'm happy!!
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss