Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Happy!

I'm very happy for you! Looking forward to meeting up with you and Hotglue at Lone Star Rally, if not, sooner!
    2010 Full Moon Silver RS SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledmaster View Post
    Considering how much complaining we all had to endure, it is mighty proper to now hear the resolution(s) and how it has all worked out. You should be complimented for coming forward to tell us that things are now finally "right". Thank you.
    Sorry you had to endure the complaints.... but that is better than enduring a bike that does not perform... best of luck with your bike.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What a GREAT trip!!!!! and it was the first that didn't either start on a trailer or end on a trailer!!!!! that is a PLUS!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Good to hear your happy with the bike!

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Don't know if I would have the patience. If you bought it new and had that much trouble there must be a real lack of quality control for sure. I am glad you got it all worked out to your satisfaction.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Way to stay with it...

Spyder Garage

FINALLY!! ................

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Default Your journey has convinced me to finish mine

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    where do I start......My ST has had numerous problems for the last year and a half....I have been working with BRP and a few different case workers....one case worker is as good as the other.....Steve from BRPCares has helped me get returned calls from case workers...thank you Steve and I enjoyed meeting you at Spyderfest......thank you to Dany Davey BRP tech who has been instrumental in finding fixes and repairs to the Spyder...Dany... always a pleasure to see and talk to you...thank you for all you do...I actually met Carlo in Durango...imagine his surprise when I walked up and introduced myself to him....nice to have a face to a name......BRP and my dealers....3 different dealers......have finally came up with a winner.....I have put 8,000 miles on the bike in the last 6 weeks and everything is running perfect....this is where it should had been the day I purchased the ST......

things that have made my ST perfect......replacement of master cylinder, brake cable, canister....Mark fabricated a larger...taller heat shield....wrapped exhaust pipes...covered /insulated gas tank...replaced spark plug wires and plugs...mine were so lean they were chalky white and wires crumbling and falling apart.....but the flash that BRP did in late January cooled the boiling gas and 170 degree gas cap down in half....when I finally got my 2014 air flow panels.....that took like forever....but the improvement was worth the wait.....replaced my clutch system...some clutch plates were warped.... I have ridden up to 800 miles in one day...repeated gas stops and 100++ degree temps and the bike is running perfect......let me say around 100 degrees....you need long pants, tall boots, long sleeve shirt, cool vest...thank you Ann Meyer.....with a jacket.....hot is hot...protect yourself....if riding in a cross wind you will have a hot foot ...move it.....in a tail wind and all is good....my mpg has improved to about 35-37

So what I want to say is....my persistence and patients has paid off.....I'm a happy ST Spyder
    owner

Charylene. Thanks for the post and moral support. I am going to continue to pursue a fix for my 2012 RS as well. I have been lucky enough to resolve some of electrical problems that were a result of poor dealer prep. But the heat issue has yet to be resolved. I am a rider who always wears full gear even during the summer but my Spyder is so hot on my center and left panel that when riding the bike any distance I can not even touch the panels. I feel much better knowing that if I pursue my problems.... sounds like BRP will help. My first Spyder was a 2008 GS and a dream machine. This 2012 has been a whole new experience in trying to "enjoy the ride". Hopefully with some help from the BRP support team this will be resolved.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's the spirit!!
    Can't wait to hear about the progress...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Great to hear your patience has paid off and your Spyder & you are both happy!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This news makes me very happy for both you & Mark. The aggravation of equipment not working properly is hard on the body, mind & soul. May your travels continue to be the joy they always should have been.

Sent from my little bit of rural America via Tapatalk 2
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Default Fantastic News

This is great to hear and congrats on sticking with it! It was nice meeting you at the owners event
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Congrats on having the perfect machine and on the wonderful trip.

The 2013 ST Limited is a pretty awesome, my wife and I love it and once we get our minor issues resolved we feel we'll be riding this one for a long time.

Spyder Garage

Cool Air Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    I'm glad to her the good news. Almost sounds like you replaced half the bike. A rider from N.C. Spyderlovers had made air scoops for the upper center panels. I made a air scoop and sent it to a friend of mine that has an 2012 RS and he did flow test on them and had good feed back. He is making a duct to put the air where we need it. Looks like my 2011 RS-S SE5 have everything fixed and about time to my a new one.

Mike
    Would you be willing to part with a template. I'm having heat problems with my 2011 RSS (boiling gas, unbelievable gas fumes) as well. Bought it new in 2011 and it only has 2200 miles on it due to some major health issues. Trying to start small. I don't have the funds right now to start adding expensive mods to try and solve this issue. If this doesn't help, maybe along with some wrap, I'll just wait for cool weather...no other choice right now. It's just the way it is.
    Bakerman

2011 RSS