Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Happy Spyder Owner...it's the truth

where do I start......My ST has had numerous problems for the last year and a half....I have been working with BRP and a few different case workers....one case worker is as good as the other.....Steve from BRPCares has helped me get returned calls from case workers...thank you Steve and I enjoyed meeting you at Spyderfest......thank you to Dany Davey BRP tech who has been instrumental in finding fixes and repairs to the Spyder...Dany... always a pleasure to see and talk to you...thank you for all you do...I actually met Carlo in Durango...imagine his surprise when I walked up and introduced myself to him....nice to have a face to a name......BRP and my dealers....3 different dealers......have finally came up with a winner.....I have put 8,000 miles on the bike in the last 6 weeks and everything is running perfect....this is where it should had been the day I purchased the ST......

things that have made my ST perfect......replacement of master cylinder, brake cable, canister....Mark fabricated a larger...taller heat shield....wrapped exhaust pipes...covered /insulated gas tank...replaced spark plug wires and plugs...mine were so lean they were chalky white and wires crumbling and falling apart.....but the flash that BRP did in late January cooled the boiling gas and 170 degree gas cap down in half....when I finally got my 2014 air flow panels.....that took like forever....but the improvement was worth the wait.....replaced my clutch system...some clutch plates were warped.... I have ridden up to 800 miles in one day...repeated gas stops and 100++ degree temps and the bike is running perfect......let me say around 100 degrees....you need long pants, tall boots, long sleeve shirt, cool vest...thank you Ann Meyer.....with a jacket.....hot is hot...protect yourself....if riding in a cross wind you will have a hot foot ...move it.....in a tail wind and all is good....my mpg has improved to about 35-37

So what I want to say is....my persistence and patients has paid off.....I'm a happy ST Spyder owner

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

I asked earlier how your bike was doing glad you have slayed the Dragon fire....literally. I wonder if BRP made an upper panel scoop for the 2013 RT's if that would solve our problems myself.
    Last edited by Magdave; 07-07-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now,you know why you got this bike!
    on finally getting it to meet your expectations!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am happy to hear they got things fixed for you. It should not have taken as long as it did. I was lucky in having an identical machine except for color without most of the troubles you had.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I couldn't be more happy for you.....You waited a long time for this day

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Thank you for posting the success story about your . I am very glad for you and hope that you will now be able to enjoys miles and miles of good times.

Persistence seems to pay off.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder who's happier; Charlyne?, or Mark???

Spyder Garage

Yay!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would have loved to see Carlo's face when you two met. I just wish I had had the time in Durango to see him too. I am so happy that your Spyder is finally performing the way it should have from the beginning.

I can attest to the fact that Charlyne rode in 100++ temps and she didn't melt.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad you're now a happy Spydererererer.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Glad your machine is back in the Pink.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm happy that you are happy. You (and Hotglue) went through a lot...here's hoping for many, many smiley miles of ST motoring!
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I'm glad you're now a happy Spydererererer.
    I think that you forgot one of the "er"s...

Spyder Garage

Default Your right..!!

glad that things worked out but sorry about the path you had to go down. But...your back out there with a vengance and ryding like the rainbows end is over the next horizon..enjoy and be safe..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I did notice on the BRP parts site they have a new kit for 2013 ST owners.

Shows most of what you just listed.

Its listed under Flamingobabe, and I think the part number is 726 000 007

Spyder Garage

Considering how much complaining we all had to endure, it is mighty proper to now hear the resolution(s) and how it has all worked out. You should be complimented for coming forward to tell us that things are now finally "right". Thank you.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    where do I start......My ST has had numerous problems for the last year and a half....I have been working with BRP and a few different case workers....one case worker is as good as the other.....Steve from BRPCares has helped me get returned calls from case workers...thank you Steve and I enjoyed meeting you at Spyderfest......thank you to Dany Davey BRP tech who has been instrumental in finding fixes and repairs to the Spyder...Dany... always a pleasure to see and talk to you...thank you for all you do...I actually met Carlo in Durango...imagine his surprise when I walked up and introduced myself to him....nice to have a face to a name......BRP and my dealers....3 different dealers......have finally came up with a winner.....I have put 8,000 miles on the bike in the last 6 weeks and everything is running perfect....this is where it should had been the day I purchased the ST......

things that have made my ST perfect......replacement of master cylinder, brake cable, canister....Mark fabricated a larger...taller heat shield....wrapped exhaust pipes...covered /insulated gas tank...replaced spark plug wires and plugs...mine were so lean they were chalky white and wires crumbling and falling apart.....but the flash that BRP did in late January cooled the boiling gas and 170 degree gas cap down in half....when I finally got my 2014 air flow panels.....that took like forever....but the improvement was worth the wait.....replaced my clutch system...some clutch plates were warped.... I have ridden up to 800 miles in one day...repeated gas stops and 100++ degree temps and the bike is running perfect......let me say around 100 degrees....you need long pants, tall boots, long sleeve shirt, cool vest...thank you Ann Meyer.....with a jacket.....hot is hot...protect yourself....if riding in a cross wind you will have a hot foot ...move it.....in a tail wind and all is good....my mpg has improved to about 35-37

So what I want to say is....my persistence and patients has paid off.....I'm a happy ST Spyder owner
    I'm glad to her the good news. Almost sounds like you replaced half the bike. A rider from N.C. Spyderlovers had made air scoops for the upper center panels. I made a air scoop and sent it to a friend of mine that has an 2012 RS and he did flow test on them and had good feed back. He is making a duct to put the air where we need it. Looks like my 2011 RS-S SE5 have everything fixed and about time to my a new one.

Mike

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

Not only are you a happy spyder owner, but from what I observed when we met in Maggie Valley and reading your posts, you are one classy lady.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    I love stories with happy endings. GREAT story! And looking at the map in your sig, you have already enjoyed that machine immensely BEFORE it was perfect.

But I do have a question.... Now that you have visited every state and province in North America below the arctic circle, WHERE are you going to go now? I think you really need to put that ST on a ship and start touring Europe.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Perfect Spyder

Yea Charlyne!! It was a pleasure meeting you at Spyderfest!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Rob...every trip we take...we work hard not to take the same roads....there is so much of America and Canada to see....we could spend years and never get bored.....and after a few years you want to see some of it again....but would love to ride thru Europe[

QUOTE=robmorg;837992]I love stories with happy endings. GREAT story! And looking at the map in your sig, you have already enjoyed that machine immensely BEFORE it was perfect.

But I do have a question.... Now that you have visited every state and province in North America below the arctic circle, WHERE are you going to go now? I think you really need to put that ST on a ship and start touring Europe.[/QUOTE]

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Sis that your Spyder is running the way you want it to run.. Glad you guys made it home safe and sound.. Now comes the fun part of your trip is to organize all your pictures and like you said before keep a journal of all your adventures... I know I started one this year but the only thing I really haven't done is take pictures and I always seem to forget to pull out the camera and take pictures of the cool sights during my travels... But at least I have the memory of the places I seen so far this year.... not as much as you and Mark but the east side of Washington is very beautiful and some fun roads to explore and of course the twisties and curves of the roads.....

Spyder Garage

Wooo Hooo!!!
    So happy y'all are back on the road with no problems!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It is so good to here a positive story for a change we don't have enough .so now you can finely get out of it what it can give you pure fun.