Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Yellow Wolf, brave, proud, strong!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeresaR View Post
    Hi Gals.

As you see, my name is Teresa. Been on the back of 2 wheelers as a passenger since I was 5 years old. (No, that was not a typo). when I got out on my own, I planned to learn to ride on my own, but then was in a car accident and messed up my knee. It goes out when you least expect it (walking up stairs, walking across a flat surface, whatever), so riding a bike was a big "no way". I kept imagining stopping at a red light, only to have the knee go out and me and the bike to hit the pavement.

Then I saw the spyder.

It took me 4 years, but finally talked hubby into it. We brought it home Thursday, but it's already in the shop to fix a leak so I've only ridden it once. I've "Passengered" once as well. I'm scared out of my mind and thrilled at the same time. I can't wait until I'm comfortable enough to do take off on my own. I haven't gotten to the open road yet, though I do have my learner's permit. I plan to take the 3wheeled course the next time they have one in the area. they're always looking for someone who has their own bike to be able to hold it (they have 2 bikes, 3 are required).

My baby is yellow, and is as of yet, unnamed and un-themed. Looking for great ideas. I had initially wanted the blue one which no longer exists, and was going to paint it wolf theme if I could find something reasonable, since to me, they look like a snarling wolf from the front. but, alas, yellow and wolf doesn't really go well together.

Hubby is praying for the pittsburgh steeler's theme. I told him he could put one pittsburg sticker, INSIDE one of the saddle bags. LOL

Hi-hi there Yellow Wolf!!
    Hi, how are ya, Hi, how are ya??
    Um, you may not think Yellow Wolf goes together, but 100,000 natives would disagree.

Well come on in, to Your Spyder Tribe...
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Wolf

Happy Trails, Yellow Wolf...

Chas

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Hope you have mannnnnny safe and happy rides.

Spyder Garage

Default Have fun

Hi Gals.

As you see, my name is Teresa. Been on the back of 2 wheelers as a passenger since I was 5 years old. (No, that was not a typo). when I got out on my own, I planned to learn to ride on my own, but then was in a car accident and messed up my knee. It goes out when you least expect it (walking up stairs, walking across a flat surface, whatever), so riding a bike was a big "no way". I kept imagining stopping at a red light, only to have the knee go out and me and the bike to hit the pavement.

Then I saw the spyder.

It took me 4 years, but finally talked hubby into it. We brought it home Thursday, but it's already in the shop to fix a leak so I've only ridden it once. I've "Passengered" once as well. I'm scared out of my mind and thrilled at the same time. I can't wait until I'm comfortable enough to do take off on my own. I haven't gotten to the open road yet, though I do have my learner's permit. I plan to take the 3wheeled course the next time they have one in the area. they're always looking for someone who has their own bike to be able to hold it (they have 2 bikes, 3 are required).

My baby is yellow, and is as of yet, unnamed and un-themed. Looking for great ideas. I had initially wanted the blue one which no longer exists, and was going to paint it wolf theme if I could find something reasonable, since to me, they look like a snarling wolf from the front. but, alas, yellow and wolf doesn't really go well together.

Hubby is praying for the pittsburgh steeler's theme. I told him he could put one pittsburg sticker, INSIDE one of the saddle bags. LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

LOL I like that - much better than "banana boat" which is what my husband's been calling it.

Thanks Chas!

Quote Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
    Hi-hi there Yellow Wolf!!
    Hi, how are ya, Hi, how are ya??
    Um, you may not think Yellow Wolf goes together, but 100,000 natives would disagree.

Well come on in, to Your Spyder Tribe...
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Wolf

Happy Trails, Yellow Wolf...

Chas

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    and on your new ryde. Your impeccable taste is showing on your selection.
    Of course I did! Thx for the welcome.

Spyder Garage

Default BON JOUR

BON JOUR TERESA.....
    welcome aboard...
    always nice to see new comers join in...
    take your time, relax, and before you know it, you'll be out on the roads enjoying everything that comes with riding a SPYD3R.....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Congrats Teresa and welcome to the site

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome...I can honestly say that ....since I just got mine on Sunday (well it's still at the dealer in a crate waiting for assembly and laser alignment)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations and welcome!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Me too!

I just got mine last Sat STS SM5 2013Could not pass up the deal! I have 200 miles on mine and did the first 100 home from the dealer. It was fun but the first half was a bit nerve racking. By the time I hit the highway I was doing 70 and loving it. I already feel pretty comfortable and the corners are the biggest thing to master. I am smiling as I type this.....my husband used to come after the cat..now he is 3rd..after the cat and the Spyder.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I was a passenger for 16 years on the 2-wheel motorcycles, then 2 years ago, I ( bought a HD) traded it for a 2012 RTS-SE5 , it took me 1 day to get use the , the way it handled, steered, etc.

Last year mike and I went to Spyderfest, in Springfield, MO took a demo ride on the 14's and that did for mike and I now we both have 14'RT's, ( he has a white basic 14RT and I have the 14RTS-SE6 in Cognac) and we are enjoying them. The 14RT is a AWSOME machine. The engine is quite, and quick on the acceleration with the twist of the throttle.

I have 800 miles on it now. The first day I picked up mine I put on 160 miles , the next day I put 160.5 miles. Again Congratulation's.

This is my second . Deanna777
    Last edited by Deanna777; 08-13-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome Deanna, and mate

Congratulations to you and hubby as well.

Yes, you both have a whole lot of fun to look forward to.

Happy Trails

Chas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Gals.

We brought it home Thursday, but it's already in the shop to fix a leak so I've only ridden it once.
    Welcome to Spyderlovers, Teresa. Also congrats on getting your Yellow Wolf!

You mentioned your Spyder was in the shop to fix a leak. Can you tell me what was leaking i.e., oil, antifreeze, gas, etc.? Also I'd be interested in what your dealer did to fix it.

Thanks
    Last edited by SpyRyd; 08-15-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations and Welcome to Spyderlovers!