Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    ...I think we are gonna do Mt. Greylock on Friday...
    I'm pretty sure the gate is still down on the road up to Greylock due to the construction, but motorcycles go around it...!

I don't know if you guys have your laptop while your camping...the rain let up a bit tonight, but might start to pour again tomorrow a.m. Hope you're stayin' dry! I'm still aiming to come up tomorrow for coffee and eggs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Looks like more rain this morning- look for us in a black Dodge 2500 pickup.....
    Bummer I wish the weather was holding out for you

Spyder Garage

This dreary rain! I just looked at the weather - nice in CT for Monday so I think we'll come home tomorrow and get at least one sunny day in for a ride! We are going to Big Boyz Toyz today over on 67a after the Blue Benn.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

This dreary rain! I just looked at the weather - nice in CT for Monday so I think we'll come home tomorrow and get at least one sunny day in for a ride! We are going to Big Boyz Toyz today over on 67a after the Blue Benn.
    Well, I had a a great time at the "Gatlinburg North" gathering in Bennington, Vermont today--good food, good stories, nice relaxed attitude despite tropical storms and hurricanes! I sure think it rivaled that southern get-together in the Smokies--maybe just with a few less Spyders!

Thanks, HDX, for the advice on the intake system and O2 sensor, and for the heads up on the new NYC sound ordinance (and $200 fine!) I'll probably repost that elsewhere.

Thanks for the idea of getting together, Smylinacha--Jensen's was great, and they sure didn't rush us out!

You all definitely have to swing by Clarksburg the next time you ride up with the bikes, and it'll be our turn to treat.

(Oh, by the way, Roaddog2, we just talked about you the whole time.)

I'll send you guys pm's and post it here what the Adams weather is as bike night approaches later today. I'll also ride down to see what the setup looks like. Right now at 2:10 it's just cloudy and warm on the VT border.

See you soon!
    Last edited by jeuchler; 09-27-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Well, I had a a great time at the "Gatlinburg North" gathering in Bennington, Vermont today--good food, good stories, nice relaxed attitude despite tropical storms and hurricanes! I sure think it rivaled that southern get-together in the Smokies--maybe just with a few less Spyders!

Thanks, HDX, for the advice on the intake system and O2 sensor, and for the heads up on the new NYC sound ordinance (and $200 fine!) I'll probably repost that elsewhere.

Thanks for the idea of getting together, Smylinacha--Jensen's was great, and they sure didn't rush us out!

You all definitely have to swing by Clarksburg the next time you ride up with the bikes, and it'll be our turn to treat.

I'll send you guys pm's and post it here what the Adams weather is as bike night approaches later today. I'll also ride down to see what the setup looks like. Right now at 2:10 it's just cloudy and warm on the VT border.

See you soon!
    If is fixed will be in North Adams Oct 5TH Higgins Powersports is Having there ride and Lunch there and would like to make it has been left on lift waiting inpaitentley for 2 slip joint gaskets in CT I'm sure you will be cruzin by there

Spyder Garage

See you soon!
    It was great to meet you! Sorry we chickened out and came in the truck - we've had enough of the rain. Came back to the campsite - blue skies but then looked at the radar. So we hopped in the truck and went over to NH. Poured there, came back to the campsite - it looks dry here. So we are going to take advantage and have a nice campfire, cook up a pork tenderloin and relax. Think we are packing it up tomorrow so we can get at least Monday in for riding back home instead of driving home on a nice day.

Nice to know that you don't live far at all and we can get together for rides alot! Maybe we'll see you October 5th. On October 4th there is the Scottish Games in Goshen CT. Friend of mine is throwing there so I'd like to go and see her - this chick throws telephone poles. It's at the fair grounds and if it's nice weather we're going - let us know if you might be interested.

Great meeting ya! Hopefully next time Blue Benn will be all put back together

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It was great to meet you! Sorry we chickened out and came in the truck - we've had enough of the rain...
    Geez, don't feel bad--you were there for a relaxing time, so, relax!

I went down to Bike Night with my daughter, and we're back already. As I'm backing in to a spot, one of the staff says, "Reverse?! That's B- - - - t!" and continued to repeat himself. I just laughed and said, "No, it's, not. It's 'cause I'm old. I am allowed air conditioning in my house, automatic transmission on my truck, and REVERSE on my motorcycle!"

Then, another staff member hobbles over with his cane and yells "I just can't see myself on one of those!" Then repeats himself several times, hobbling around, looking at the Spyder. My daughter says, "Then stop looking at it." (That attitude is from her mother's side, I'm sure...)

Happily, these were balanced by all the people who just stood and stared and smiled and pointed at old PE #2929.

Of course, when we started her up to leave, and tweaked that Micron just a bit, it was a nice feeling when all the riders stopped and watched us leave. (Even those who could not see themselves on one...)

Nice to know that you don't live far at all and we can get together for rides alot! Maybe we'll see you October 5th. On October 4th there is the Scottish Games in Goshen CT. Friend of mine is throwing there so I'd like to go and see her - this chick throws telephone poles. It's at the fair grounds and if it's nice weather we're going - let us know if you might be interested.

Great meeting ya! Hopefully next time Blue Benn will be all put back together
    Hurling is awesome! The lovely bride might want to go and reconnect with her roots...
    Last edited by jeuchler; 09-27-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It was great meeting you today, also. Good time had by all. Hope to meet up in the future for some rides in the Berkshires....
    Awesome. Absolutely.

Just looked up the new NYC noise ordinance- a $440 ticket if your exhaust can be heard 200' away!!!!

http://www.northcountytimes.com/arti..._108_25_07.txt

With the 2 Brothers on Smylie's Spyder, I think they'll mail her a ticket if she even thinks about going there.....
    Holy cow!

I have a feeling my Micron might be eligible for that $440 award, too!!

Spyder Garage

LOL - I would love to meet your daughter! I love her remark!
    Glad you guys had fun tonight - so the weather held up, huh?
    I'm ready to pack it in and make sure I get home and have everything done so I have nothing to do but ride on Monday - at least Monday is guaranteed Sun. I'll miss good old VT but I don't like staying long anywhere when it's dreary and rainy. Seems like it was that way in CT too all weekend. Gotta love New England.

I'll shoot you the website when I log onto my work stuff over the week for the Scottish games. I think ZeroCool is gonna come too!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

LOL - I would love to meet your daughter! I love her remark!
    Glad you guys had fun tonight - so the weather held up, huh?
    I'm ready to pack it in and make sure I get home and have everything done so I have nothing to do but ride on Monday - at least Monday is guaranteed Sun. I'll miss good old VT but I don't like staying long anywhere when it's dreary and rainy. Seems like it was that way in CT too all weekend. Gotta love New England.

I'll shoot you the website when I log onto my work stuff over the week for the Scottish games. I think ZeroCool is gonna come too!
    It does sound like fun..post that pic up of HDX and me if it came out any good.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wow! I have H A I R ...!

(Wait...that's HDX...)
    Last edited by jeuchler; 09-28-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

I'll miss good old VT but I don't like staying long anywhere when it's dreary and rainy. Seems like it was that way in CT too all weekend. Gotta love New England.
    Sounds like you guys had a good time but, FYI, it only rained in Gatlinburg after 6pm on the last day of the event. Rained that evening and then was dry again for the ride home on Saturday.

Spyder Garage

Wow! I have !

(Wait...that's HDX...)
    Here's the link to the Scottish Games - let's hope for NO RAIN. http://www.sasct.org/festival.html
    I can't wait to see my friend throw telephone poles!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Vermont Run

Jst put your chains on the ack wheel and go. I was born in Sheldon Springs. That's north of St Albans and I got out when I was 17yrs old. Just go back for vacations. Would love to ride my up there next year. If I do I will give y'all a holler.