Thread: Airhawk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Airhawk

Is any body using the AIRWAK seat cushion for long rides?

How is it working for you?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I use one until I can get a custom seat built. The problem is they are easy on / easy off so you don't want to leave them on the bike. Plus they are a pain to dry out once they are wet. Other than that, they work great if they are adjusted correctly. Most people put way too much air in them.

Spyder Garage

I have a medium cruiser size from 4 or 5 yrs ago. I agree about too much air. Got to find the correct amount and then it adds mileage.

I have been wondering if the Airhawk R version would be an improvement for the Spyder. Anyone own and have experience with this model?
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

I tried one on two Spyders at multiple air pressures and could never get any more comfortable on distances than my simple
    beadrider. However I moved the air hawk to my riding lawn mower and it does absorb the rough areas of the yard very nicely. lol
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

the area the Airhawk R says it is relieving is the area I have the most discomfort in.

I decided to give it a try. I ordered one and will try it out. There is a 60 day return guarantee. If it is not any better then my older version I will return it.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

I use the Airhawk "R" for all my rides that are over 50 miles, don't leave home without it

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Also an Airhawk user. I have the standard, medium cruiser size. Have not tried the Airhawk2 with improved ergonomics.

Proper inflation is the secret for most. You sit in the cushion and not on it.

The Airhawk enables me to double my ryde fun. I usually put it on the seat for the return trip.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Nothing seems to be a miracles cure for buttitous but I use it off and on longer rides. I have been using goldbond medicated power and it helps more than anything to be honest.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Nothing seems to be a miracles cure for buttitous but I use it off and on longer rides. I have been using goldbond medicated power and it helps more than anything to be honest.
    Very good point. PS: I like your name for the ailment.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Monkeybutt

I bought the AIRHAWK 2 through Amazon. Once I got the air adjusted it worked well. Then I read the promo for the AIRHAWK R and returned what I had and bought the AIRHAWK R. All is good now.

Thank you to all who responded to my inquiry about a softer ride. The comfort seat isn't comfy.

2013 ST-S Yellow