Hybrid View

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Progressive Suspension debuts front, rear shocks for Spyder RS

New news??? I just spotted it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Really..!!!

they have had them for GS/RS/RSS up to 2011. If they have gotten into the later models it would be great news..!! if not
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    they have had them for GS/RS/RSS up to 2011. If they have gotten into the later models it would be great news..!! if not
    I don't know how to put a link in here to the article that I saw but it was just posted today in a dealer news magazine.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Here's what I just found.

LA PALMA, Calif. – One of the interesting side effects of the Can-Am Spyder’s unique three-wheel platform is that it uses conventional shocks to provide wheel control at each end, compared to the usual telescopic fork and shock combo found on nearly every motorcycle.This makes it an ideal machine for Progressive Suspension to show off some of its latest options.
    Designed specifically for the Spyder RS, Progressive’s new 435 Series front shocks and 465 Series rear shock are designed to smooth out the ride of this unique machine.
    The 435 Series front shocks are a completely new design and are sprung and valved to address the challenges of the double A-arm front suspension, resulting in improved stability and steering response, according to Progressive. Out back, the 465 Series represents the state-of-the-art in high-pressure gas monotube shock design.
    Utilizing a 46mm bore and deflective disc piston for precise damping, the 16mm chromed shaft rides on custom Viton seals for low friction and a leak-free service life. The threaded body and a five-position rebound adjuster allows for fine-tuning to match your customer's riding style and load.
    Fully upgraded, a Progressive-equipped Spyder RS is claimed to provide a smoother overall ride with both improved stability and steering response.
    The 435 Series front shocks are sold in pairs for the Can-Am, retailing for $599.95 per set, while the 465 Series rear shock retails individually for $495.95.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd be interested in a different rear one but wish fox would start producing a performance rear shock to match the fronts