Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    I've had a BRP rep assigned to this case since October with no results... BRP replaced the whole ignition system and some of my issues went away in the rain, but my biggest issue still remains. I sent them a pair of videos of what the spyder does a month ago since the dealer has never reproduced a single problem I've had. They told me they'd have their engineering guys look at it and myself and the dealer have never heard back.

I had a long thread on this website about my problems last year, and when i said i had it, i was going to sue, the admin on this forum shut down my thread.

They are non-public videos but with direct links you can view them if you'd like to see the odd behavior I get... once every few hundred to a thousand miles it does this. I can turn it on and off as many times as I like, but it just keeps doing it... walk away 10 minutes, come back and fire it up and it starts working normally again.

Throttle causing stuttering, no power, engine killing:

Refusal to shift:

If anyone has any ideas, I think everyone is at a complete loss....
    Would your rep happen to be Carlo Viola? For your sake I hope not. He is one of the most uncooperative people I have ever dealt with. These reps are truly what gives BRP such a lousy reputation. I wish you well.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Red face Print?

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    I'll believe nothing until I see it in print from BRP or on the dealers floor
    Hope they have a new proof reader. Previous printings have been known to be somewhat unreliable.

Just sayin~~~

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is EXACTLY why now; is referred to as, "The Silly Season"...
    Look to the e-mags, for sightings of 2015s...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Red face With 2 years of warranty left......

I'll continue to spectate and leave speculation to the pros.

Too bad they don't offer an extended, extended warranty.

Spyder Garage

I did a cursory search on the net for 2015 information. I did find a picture of the Hybrid. It said 2015 and save 50% on gas. That's all I could find.

A bunch of other pictures labeled as 2015--but no information worth printing.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're not gonna tell us what you found?!?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You're not gonna tell us what you found?!?
    I posted everything I found. Just a picture labeled 2015 Hybrid. It looks exactly the same as the ones we have already seen. I did not give it real close scrutiny--but it looks the same to me.

Other stuff is labeled 2015 but shows older stuff. No printing about engines, new models, etc. etc. Today, we still have to sit back and wait.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Would your rep happen to be Carlo Viola? For your sake I hope not. He is one of the most uncooperative people I have ever dealt with. These reps are truly what gives BRP such a lousy reputation. I wish you well.
    Nope, Damien Roy... they initially "lost" me in the system for 2 months because they upgraded their computers.

Then they seem to say they are working on it but don't get back to me or the dealer
    Its the second time this guy has been on vacation now in the past month, or maybe he always turns his auto-reply on...

I'm luckily getting used to the fact that it won't actually strand me long term, that if i give it a few minutes it will start working again... the first time it did it to me I was 200 miles from home... now it tends to do it when i'm at a local bar or in the parking lot at work... great marketing for BRP when its just limping and sputtering around a parking lot in full view of people.

Every-time I'm asked how I like the thing, I say its great when its working....

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

they are set up for it so if they make any changes it would be putting the ACE engine in the ST. This would move the RS/RSS ryders wanting more move to the ST, next to the RT their biggest seller...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

oldguyinCT,
    Carlo Viola has worked with me on several occasions; I've found him to be very helpful, and a man of his word...
    Not all folks can hit it off, and get along famously... I'm sorry that your experience wasn't as good as mine was.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    they are set up for it so if they make any changes it would be putting the ACE engine in the ST. This would move the RS/RSS ryders wanting more move to the ST, next to the RT their biggest seller...
    Since the RS and ST share the same base platform, why wouldn't they just put the ACE in both? (That said, if the ST was out when i purchased, i would have bought the ST most likely, though I really like the RSS handling)

I thought the ACE was optimized for the torque settings of touring? I want something where I'll fly off the seat if i hit the throttle

I do sometimes wish for even a small amount of a lean in the turns to help keep CG, but I know Harley has a few patents on that for their reverse trike they ended up never bringing to market.

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Depends by what you mean when you say "more". I have zero interest in an ST w/ the 1330. That's not a sport bike engine. It's a touring engine. Perfect for the RT and maybe for some ST buyers but not for those of us that ride the RS-S because we want the lightest/fastest. I don't ride an RS-S because I can't afford an RT. I ride an RS-S because it's the lightest and fastest of the 3 models. Give me more of that and my 7 month old RS-S gets traded in no, no doubt.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    Depends by what you mean when you say "more". I have zero interest in an ST w/ the 1330. That's not a sport bike engine. It's a touring engine. Perfect for the RT and maybe for some ST buyers but not for those of us that ride the RS-S because we want the lightest/fastest. I don't ride an RS-S because I can't afford an RT. I ride an RS-S because it's the lightest and fastest of the 3 models. Give me more of that and my 7 month old RS-S gets traded in no, no doubt.

Exactly

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Red face Here ya go!

If ever I find the right deal on a RS......this wil be one of the first mods.

http://aerocharger.com/turbo-systems...cycles/spyder/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They're not cheap...
    But they can produce an awful lot of power!
    But... you've GOT to be careful with them!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    If ever I find the right deal on a RS......this wil be one of the first mods.

http://aerocharger.com/turbo-systems...cycles/spyder/
    If it worked on a 2013+ I'd seriously consider it. Given the hit I'd take on trade-in plus buying a new 2015 this would probably be a cheaper option.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He wouldn't give me details but said we would be very happy with the '15s. However, in the 7-13 post of I Need to Know, the dealer was not off, so I give him better than a 50-50 shot he is right. Anyone who is in the auto industry knows the next years production models are planned in months and years in advance. I am willing to bet that Lamont and the others know what is coming but is restricted by contract to comment and no one can blame them. I am very happy with the '14, as well as the '10 I had. I doubt that anything less than great will come out of BRP in regards to the evolution of the Roadster Spyder.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 07-02-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

The RT had to get a new motor in 2014 to make up for the 2013 model disaster. The 2014 RTs appear to have been a major improvement and the touring crowd is happy. BRP is not going to do anything to the RT. The ST getting the 1330: possible, but I do not believe it has been on the market long enough to warrant substantial changes. Now we get to the interesting machine, The RS. Rumors of a lower priced RS for entry level could mean a few changes are coming. BRP has recouped the engineering costs on this model with the 990 in it, meaning this model with this motor could easily be sold for 10k. With the base model covered they could put a hotter motor in the RS-S. A change like that could differentiate the RS-S from the RS. They could even keep the price around 15k for the "hotrod" model and they would sell like crazy. This would create a 2 pronged attack on the younger rider market that could easily double or triple sales volumes.

That being said: I did not buy my RS-S because I couldn't afford an RT, I bought it because I like to ride hard. If I want to ride a couch (read "RT") I can just stay home. After two years of ownership I feel that I could definitely use more HP. Last year's lineup changes were a slap in the face to RS owners, and we have been neglected for far too long. Polaris is getting into the market, even if the slingshot is no spyder. How long do you think it will be before other companies follow suit? BRP would be crazy to leave out a section of the market that could easily be picked up by another company. If not now, when?

Just sayin'...........
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

Given BRP/Can-Ams push for a younger demographic on social media, I see big things ahead for the RS. If you aren't on Twitter/Instagram you probably haven't seen it but they are making a BIG push for younger riders.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm still thinking that the Base RS might just end up with the ACE 600 in it; an entry-level bike!
    The RS-S... more power out of the 998, and maybe you'll even see the fully-articulated, leaning chassis!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm still thinking that the Base RS might just end up with the ACE 600 in it; an entry-level bike!
    The RS-S... more power out of the 998, and maybe you'll even see the fully-articulated, leaning chassis!
    Oh my, 600 would seem vastly under-powered for the weight of these things....
    I do want a leaning chassis though!

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It would be lighter... And could be made lighter still!
    Probably thirty pounds of weight could be removed by using the 600 twin... You could stuff in a bit smaller fuel tank, shorten the suspension travel a bit, pare down some of the bodywork, house the catalytic converter back in the muffler again, simplify the electronics package and display...
    I'd bet that sixty or more pounds could be easily lost.
    With the proper gearing; it'd make about the most perfect entry-level bike that I could imagine!

Spyder Garage

I think they will keep the 990 as the base or move up to the fly by wire 998. I think they may look at a supercharged v-twin for the sport bikes rather than the ACE 1330. Lighter and still free revving, more low end torque, and potentially significant HP increase. Could see 140 or more.

Look at Seadoo....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife's hairdresser's uncle's brother-in-law's nephew said that he was in Canada while involved in an astral projection experiment, and was pretty sure he overheard BRP execs discussing a 2015 that would fly . . . How can you doubt that kind of info?

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I knew you would say something like that.

And I bet this was sent from the Lamonster "test garage."
    Yeah we're the 2015 has 20,000 miles on it and the 2016 has 3000.