Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2015 lineup rumors?

Does anyone know what BRP is expected to do for 2015?
    My dealer has let me know that there are some impressive changes coming (I'm a 2012 RSS owner).

My 2012 has been in the shop probably 10+ times over the past two years for problems they have been unable to diagnose, everyone including the dealer is getting upset with BRP for their lack of assistance... I'm being told that they expect to get something small out of BRP to help get me into a new model...

I'm trying to figure out:
    A) If the 2015 is a major overhaul just like the RTs had last year and is going to be worth upgrading to
    and
    B) If this is the dealer just looking for another sale and to get out of a having to waste more time working on my spyder, or if it is a legitimate deal towards fixing my issues by replacing the bike...

So far they aren't giving me any specifics, telling me to hold on until this fall and that they will continue throwing parts at the problem in the meantime....

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The dealers really don't have any concrete info yet.
    He's hoping to entice you with promises...

But; the ST was a new vehicle in 2013, and the RT got a major rejuvenation last year. It seems pretty logical to assume that the RS should get the major focus of BRP's attention for 2015!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Rubish!

Hmmm? Think I would have a personal conversation with BRP. Let them know how many times you have had problems, what they have been, and if any or all have been fixed to your satisfaction.

While new can be better.....it WILL be at YOUR expense. Buyer be ware.....of slick talking dealers.

Best of luck.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Hmmm? Think I would have a personal conversation with BRP. Let them know how many times you have had problems, what they have been, and if any or all have been fixed to your satisfaction.

While new can be better.....it WILL be at YOUR expense. Buyer be ware.....of slick talking dealers.

Best of luck.
    I've had a BRP rep assigned to this case since October with no results... BRP replaced the whole ignition system and some of my issues went away in the rain, but my biggest issue still remains. I sent them a pair of videos of what the spyder does a month ago since the dealer has never reproduced a single problem I've had. They told me they'd have their engineering guys look at it and myself and the dealer have never heard back.

I had a long thread on this website about my problems last year, and when i said i had it, i was going to sue, the admin on this forum shut down my thread.

They are non-public videos but with direct links you can view them if you'd like to see the odd behavior I get... once every few hundred to a thousand miles it does this. I can turn it on and off as many times as I like, but it just keeps doing it... walk away 10 minutes, come back and fire it up and it starts working normally again.

Throttle causing stuttering, no power, engine killing:

Refusal to shift:

If anyone has any ideas, I think everyone is at a complete loss....

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Question BRPcares

Where is BRPcares? Something tells me this should be right up their alley, or, in their wheel house.

Standing by.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Send Steve a PM... he's pretty good about sorting stuff like this out!

Spyder Garage

Default rumors

These rumors only but I'm hearing talk about 2 different things.

1. a hybrid
    2.a new one selling for under $10K new

Just rumors

Spyder Garage

My dealer told me the '15 RT is overall bigger than the '14 with a bigger engine as well.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Red face Any rumors about

Shaft Drive ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bigger engine and drive shaft will be in good order. Let's be real drive shaft have less problem than belts.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Time will tell!
    Tick... Tick... Tick...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 0992 View Post
    These rumors only but I'm hearing talk about 2 different things.

1. a hybrid
    2.a new one selling for under $10K new

Just rumors
    Those are the two "rumors" my dealer told me about as well. He said #2 is reality, and #1 is a "suspicion with some degree of circumstantial evidence". There IS suposedly something big coming, but BRP is being close-mouthed about it for now.
    Last edited by robmorg; 07-02-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Those are the two "rumors" my dealer told me about as well. He said #2 is reality, and #1 is a "suspicion with some degree of circumstantial evidence". There IS supposedly something big coming, but BRP is being closed-mouthed about it for now.
    That scares me, they can't figure out the technology on my unit yet they want to release a hybrid?
    Actually, it confuses me, i've seen pure electric bikes... that are quite powerful... The spyder has more battery room... why a hybrid? Why the complexity? I remember they used to have the hybrid spyder video online.

My dealer makes it sound like the I3 engine is expected to move into the RSS though i thought it was optimized for the RT application. I would love even more acceleration ... it may be fast but its not fast for a motorcycle.

Current Spyder:

Previous Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am patiently waiting for the 2015 model year introduction. My 2010 RT needs to be traded in its time for another RT. Little things keep going wrong with mine.

I know for sure I wil not buy the BRP CB/Comm system for my 2015 RT. IMHO the CB/COMM Sytem is a big waste of money! Mine never has worked properly from day one.

Spyder Garage

Those are the two "rumors" my dealer told me about as well. He said #2 is reality, and #1 is a "suspicion with some degree of circumstantial evidence". There IS suposedly something big coming, but BRP is being close-mouthed about it for now.
    Looks like we are talking to the same dealer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    My dealer told me the '15 RT is overall bigger than the '14 with a bigger engine as well.
    19483ggkmok2qjpg.jpg
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Gotta love the next year model discussions. Always interested and try to keep up on everything that is out there on

I will be very surprised if they up the ante on the RT with a bigger engine and size. That would be one year with the 2014 upgrade that has turned out pretty successful.

Likewise, the ST configuration will be only two years old. I could see a bigger engine offering, on some or all models--but beyond that--???

Also thinking that the RS may be the one for some changes. The talk about a smaller, less expensive version does seem logical. $16K for an entry level motorcycle these days is way to high. A ballpark $10K machine would attract a lot of buyers--IMO.

I don't think a Hybrid is a viable option for a major brand yet. Entry level cost and all the other stuff that goes with it are not for a major crowd. I don't see sales of an item like this taking off or being a major niche item.

All the above are just talking points, and we have about 90 days or so before the announcements begin to flow. Knowing BRP, I don't think much is going to come out ahead of time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

No way are they doing a diff engine in the RT. That's just idiotic.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I knew you would say something like that.

And I bet this was sent from the Lamonster "test garage."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

And my offer still stands to test out a 2015 RS-S for BRP if they'd like someone to put it through its paces.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll believe nothing until I see it in print from BRP or on the dealers floor
    Last edited by sddinnh; 07-02-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    And my offer still stands to test out a 2015 RS-S for BRP if they'd like someone to put it through its paces.
    There is a long line. Jump in and enjoy.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I don't think a Hybrid is a viable option for a major brand yet. Entry level cost and all the other stuff that goes with it are not for a major crowd. I don't see sales of an item like this taking off or being a major niche item
    Aren't YOU the guy who came up with the April Fools Joke in 2013?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Aren't YOU the guy who came up with the April Fools Joke in 2013?
    Yes, yes I was--and it seemed to work pretty good.

I also had a good one for 2014--but did not have the guts to go through with it.

My statements in this post are for real though.

2020 F3L , Magma Red