Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New, Red, SM5 Followup

As I stated in my other post, it's in MY garage and the 5 month wait is over. Very cool. So now I'ld like to hit on a few things from yesterday. Some of you may have heard me mention that my wife works at the Powersports dealer where we purchased it. Well, when she got to work yesterday the truck was sitting there with our Spyder on it and I headed right over.
    So I got to be there to uncrate it, do the PDI, and the build. I didn't actually do a whole lot but is was nice to be there to make sure it all got done. I did however clean the rotors 2 more times after the tech did it once. (Keeping my fingers crossed) One thing that was interesting is when he hooked up the BUDS and ran the bike. I got to watch the Temp as it related to the fan and Indicator bars on the bike and here's what I noticed:
    Fifth bar came on at 212 degrees.
    Fan came on at 216 degrees (Still in bar 5 range)
    Cooled down and went to 4 bars at 209 degrees.

This was at idle and he let it repeat 3 times with the same results. So at least for now I have a warm and fuzzy about not going in to "limp mode" due to an overheat or a bad relay. I'll just keep it out of traffic during the break-in period.
    Some other things I did was add another bead of sealant to the seam on the backside of the trunk prior to installation and a small piece of very breathable/porus foam (From an F-18 fuel cell) in the crankcase vent hose to help keep the spitting oil out of the airbox.
    I also just today received an e-mail from Corbin stating that my seat (Black) and backrest (Red) has been shipped. I just ordered it this past Saturday so I'ld like to say thanks to JR at Corbin for making that happen and will once again be "waiting" patiently for it's arrival.
    I'ld also like to say thanks to everyone on this forum because knowledge "is" power and I hope to meet some of you soon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Let the fun begin. Ride , add mods, ride , add more mods. It is a never ending cycle. Life is good.

Spyder Garage

Good luck with your new Spyder!
    welcome
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

welcome