Spyder Garage

Default Lamonts cat bypass

Talked to Len at Pitbull and he highly recommends the bypass to get rid of a lot of the heat in my RT. So heading out in the morning (Friday) to Pitbull to get this done. Make a nice day trip from Blue Springs. Supposed to be hot and humid so I will be able to tell the difference on the way home. Hope its a LOT of difference. Will let you know.

Spyder Garage

Default So I've heard..!!

will be ing..!! have a great trip and a cool ryde home..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Can pm the cost of this mod to me? Or post it. Tks

Spyder Garage

Default under 400

Seems like mine was around $360 including the gaskets. A friend helped me install it takes a 3rd hand to get it up there straight, took maybe 2 hours in all...quality product from Pitbull!
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Default Cat Bypass

I ordered the Cat Bypass and had it put on at a motorcycle shop and it sounds great. I also wrapped my pipes and tank and drilled holes in the under panel and order Baker wind deflectors. The combo of everything has made a world of difference. Wait did let me clear, I didn't do the work my friends husband did the work and I helped when I could.

Now I feel I can order Lamont's highway pegs. More money, more money.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Who is this PitBull? I've tried finding them on the web with no luck. And Lamonster Garage does not show this bypass either.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Alt Option

One of the sponsors on Spyderlovers (Spyder1Attitude) is offering a CAT Bypass for $450.00 painted with High Heat Ceramic Paint Has anyone installed one of theirs? Guess it's about $100.00 more than Lamonts unit. Don't care about sound but need to get rid of the hot foot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    One of the sponsors on Spyderlovers (Spyder1Attitude) is offering a CAT Bypass for $450.00 painted with High Heat Ceramic Paint Has anyone installed one of theirs? Guess it's about $100.00 more than Lamonts unit. Don't care about sound but need to get rid of the hot foot.

Yes, I have two of them as Lamonster's was not available back when I really needed these.

DO NOT BUY THE ONE FROM SYPDERATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are crap. Poor quality, poor welding, cheap carbon steel material that WILL rust and worst, THEY DO NOT FIT.

Dont know how I can be any more plain about this. Get the one from Lamonster. Great part, many of them in use.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I see that the difference between the two is one (Spyder1Attitude) is Aluminized steel and the other is Stainless steel. Guess all in all Stainless is the better choice.

Spyder Garage

I too was concerned about the excessive heat and have a 2013 RT. Over the weekend husband and I went to Springfield planning on talking to Pit Bull about that. We talked to them, they had one and they got us in and I headed home with the cat by pass on. Much cooler ride and it should be better for the engine. I feel much better about it now. Will post again after a some more miles as to help with mileage and any issues. Right now I am happy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by khromegal View Post
    I too was concerned about the excessive heat and have a 2013 RT. Over the weekend husband and I went to Springfield planning on talking to Pit Bull about that. We talked to them, they had one and they got us in and I headed home with the cat by pass on. Much cooler ride and it should be better for the engine. I feel much better about it now. Will post again after a some more miles as to help with mileage and any issues. Right now I am happy.
    how much louder did it get? and did they have to change anything with the tune to richen it or anything?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Not a noticeable change in loudness on stock muffler with the cat bypass, tone changes slightly. No manual tuning changes required, takes the bike a few minutes of running to settle in and optimize itself.

Caveat, mine is a 2012, Pitbull cat bypass, no other drivetrain mods.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is the cat bypass plug and play?
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Anyone have a link as where to buy a cat bypass for my 2013 RT Limited? I clicked the link above and searched but didn't find anything. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by n1njazx7 View Post
    Anyone have a link as where to buy a cat bypass for my 2013 RT Limited? I clicked the link above and searched but didn't find anything. Thanks.

Call Pittbull and order it.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    how much louder did it get? and did they have to change anything with the tune to richen it or anything?
    They put it back in learning mode so it would re map itself and it does sound different. It has a little throatier sound but not really louder. It went from an alto to a tenor as far as tone.

Spyder Garage

Default learning mode

They put it back in learning mode so it would re map itself and it does sound different. It has a little throatier sound but not really louder. It went from an alto to a tenor as far as tone.
    this on a 14? does it help or can the 12RTs be put in 'learning mode' and will it help them? don't know what my top speed was prior to putting mine on a few months ago, but last night was out on our famous high speed toll way and couldn't get over 94 on it. Curious if it just takes time or if that's about it for mine?
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Call Pittbull and order it.
    Called Pitt Bull and ordered mine this morning, they are on back order and should be in end of this week.

For those that know, what is the diameter of the pipe so I can get a pipe exspander.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AbNormy View Post
    this on a 14? does it help or can the 12RTs be put in 'learning mode' and will it help them? don't know what my top speed was prior to putting mine on a few months ago, but last night was out on our famous high speed toll way and couldn't get over 94 on it. Curious if it just takes time or if that's about it for mine?

your ECM did about all the adjusting it was going to do because of the pipe within about 10 minutes of your first starting it up and driving away.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Q on wrapping pipe

waiting on the bypass to arrive and also ordered the heat wrap 50ft of 1" and 50ft of the 2 inch, can of heat coating spray and a dozen steel tie wraps. Probably enough to do three Spyders. Question though, should I wrap the pipes and headers before installation or after?

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know what "put it back in learning mode" means? I imagine that the poster is referring to something the dealer did with the ECM, but I've never seen any reference to "learning mode". Is this a procedure that will help the ECM better tune the fuel mixture after the addition of the cat bypass? And if so, wouldn't that happen anyway?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonts cat bypass

After you finish with the cat bypass install, start the spyder and let it idle for 15-20 minutes for the ECM to recalibrate to the new exhaust.

KYSPYDER

Spyder Garage

Thanks much. I didn't think there was any "learning mode" necessary. Don't even know what that is.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

When you do replace the CAT also replace the item 707600650 Pipe Slip Joint 2 each and 514053677 exhaust gasket.