Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Not to argue, just curios.

What would be the performance downgrade?
    with a taller sidewall you will have more flex in the tire, performance comes from a smaller sidewall which will give a quicker
    response time on turns and more control on highway.
    A taller sidewall tire will usually be a higher mileage & softer ride. Right now i have a littler over 3,100 on my tires & they
    still have very high tread, i have a dill digital tread depth gauge that i will measure them out when i need to.

As for those who are saying kenda is made in china, it's not just country of manufacture as much as company of manufacture, i do very very very little kenda car tires but have no problems with the few we sell & this is the first set i
    have had on a bike so it will be a few thousand miles more until i know if they are any good.
    al
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 06-30-2014 at 06:07 PM. Reason: additional stuff

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    with a taller sidewall you will have more flex in the tire, performance comes from a smaller sidewall which will give a quicker
    response time on turns and more control on highway.
    A taller sidewall tire will usually be a higher mileage & softer ride. Right now i have a littler over 3,100 on my tires & they
    still have very high tread, i have a dill digital tread depth gauge that i will measure them out when i need to.

As for those who are saying kenda is made in china, it's not just country of manufacture as much as company of manufacture, i do very very very little kenda car tires but have no problems with the few we sell & this is the first set i
    have had on a bike so it will be a few thousand miles more until i know if they are any good.
    al
    The tire in question doesn't have any appreciable difference in sidewall height. If it did the rolling circumference would be different. The higher aspect ratio relates the fact that it has a smaller section width by 10 mm. Most would assume that a smaller section width results in less tread width as well, but that is not always true either. That must be evaluated independently for every design.
    Also, a taller sidewall composed of more, or stiffer plies, can outperform a lower more flexible sidewall.
    Tires are quite often very different between front and rear on a vehicle for various reasons. The spyder is proof of this in itself. Different suspension designs, setups, and functions all matter. The front tires steer, the rear tire propels, all are used for braking. The suspension is quite different front to rear as well.
    Yes, different designs may alter the handling characteristics... for better or worse. I am certain the designers did not coordinate with the tire manufacturer to produce an ultimate match-up.
    The only experimentation I advise against is variation on the same axle. Just be aware of potential side effects of new tire choices and work up to extreme handling situations to evaluate your new set-up. If you heed the advice of others who have experimented before you, you may be pleasantly surprised.
    2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metallic, Web Boards in Black Line-X Closed pattern, Bajaron sway bar and links, Spyderpop's Bump Skid, GloRyder remote controlled lights, show chrome rear rack, cargo nets in the all three rear bags, more to come........