Spyder Garage

Default We have arrived..in Durango that is...where is it happening???

Good Morning All:

We arrived in Durango yesterday...got settled in motel, nest made, laundry done, groceries bought, Spyder and trailer debugged and yep talked to just one or two fellow spyder ryders and swapped "tales" of journey here. This morning I pick up a new rear tire at 6:30 a.m. from Spyderpops and head to local dealer to have it mounted. Due to the Owner's Event the dealer is doing appointments on a first come, first serve basis...Trust me I am going to be FIRST. I have a rear tire as smooth as a baby's butt!!! Another story...no don't do as I did and run a tire that hit wear bars 3k miles ago!!! Suffice it to say I am "in negotiation" with BRP in regards to the tires (kenda) they contracted to put on the 2014 Spyders. Have I mentioned I do NOT like these Kenda's.

From Cody we traveled south...touched into Utah and then crossed over into Colorado. I soooo love driving away from the cities...I get my over active imagination going and I become either a pioneer woman or plains Indian squaw living the life (well I'd last maybe 72 hrs..). I love experiencing our natural world in its most pristine form. And I am soooo grateful for the wild, quiet places labeled "wilderness". Granted it isn't the same as putting a pack on my back an going "deep" into wilderness. BUT it sure does run neck and neck. Driving from Rangely, CO to Grand Junction watched a herd of at least 100 elk for a long time that Steven saw...from high alpine to farm land. Awesome, just awesome.

If you have never been in Colorado and the incredible mountains..put it on your bucket list...and ryding all those 10-15 mph curves up. up ... shear drop offs. My traveling buddy, Ros, does NOT like the drop offs...I was following her and kept watching her shoulders get closer to her ears...kept saying to myself Relax Ros, Relax and ENJOY. She loves the mountains but straight up and straight down is not on her fun list!!! Now Steven!! that is a diff story...only way I know to describe is "balls to the wall" all the way...

Well, need to get the coffee going...need to find places to ryde when I have a new "shoe" on the back.

Take care..

One happy wanderer...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW REAR SHOE ! ! !

...Hi Karyl, soooooooooooooooooooooo glad to hear you are having a great time .......wish we were with you. Memories of two years ago in the mountains of New Hampshire with Andy & Jeannie...........well they just bring bring miles of smiles ....PS they both send LOVE & good weather wishes ......Andy wants to know how's the LED's working ..........Anywho........Are you going to be abe to do the Conti's on the front ........Hope they were sent to you......Mike , Dee , Max & KiKi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was good to see you yesterday, MB. I might check out Spyderpops while I'm here, too.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are enjoying all those beautiful mountains. They are something to behold.

PS: we have more of the same (only some much bigger) for you when you visit the Last Frontier.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-24-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Post Rear Shoe

MB, what brand tire you having installed and how many miles did you get out of the OEM Kenda? I replaced my rear "shoe" at 7788 miles.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

glad you made it safe and sound. Now you just need to change that tire and enjoy the event..if you get a pic it would be great for us back at home...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

MB,

Glad you guys made it to Durango safe and sound...Sorry to hear about your rear tire but I remembered us talking about that at the HOW event.... Anyway have fun and enjoy the beautiful scenary and will looking forward to see your pictures and reading your adventures.......

Spyder Garage

Default Khumo Esta...

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    MB, what brand tire you having installed and how many miles did you get out of the OEM Kenda? I replaced my rear "shoe" at 7788 miles.
    Think I spelled that right. I was at the wear bars on the Kenda at 3800....it was bald, bald, bald today at 7000 . But all is good...new shoe on, makes for happy driver.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Khumo Escta AST

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Think I spelled that right. I was at the wear bars on the Kenda at 3800....it was bald, bald, bald today at 7000 . But all is good...new shoe on, makes for happy driver.
    I had the same tire installed on my 14 RT about a 1000 miles ago. Good luck with your new shoe! Wish I was there in Durango with you all. The scenery pics Lamont is posting on FB are absolutely beautiful.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Karyl does Spyderpops have more, or did did he bring that one just for you? I will also need to replace my back tire and like you do not want to put the Kenda back on.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Hey lady sounds like your having fun an good to hear. Denise an I are not going to make it this time she has been very sick the last few weeks so we have to bail on this trip. Hope to get back on the road soon. Have fun an se you soon.
    2012 RT Limited. Flag graphics, Lower vader wings LEDs, Lower day runner LEDs, Uper turn signal LEDs, Tip LEDs, Finder strip LEDs, Mud flap running an turn LEDs, Inside morrirs turn LEDs, 3-4 brake LEDs, Blue LEDs top under dash, Cup hollders, Large foot rest, HWY foot rest, K&N air flter, GloRyders with remote, Elka shocks 1+R, Soomthspyder, GoPro Hero3, BRP hitch, Diamond shadow trailer.

Spyder Garage

Default Check with Harvey

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Karyl does Spyderpops have more, or did did he bring that one just for you? I will also need to replace my back tire and like you do not want to put the Kenda back on.
    I know that 2 other Spyder ryders got tires from Harvey, Spyderpops, today and had Fun Center/Durango mount them. By the way Fun Center is a very positive, customer service dealership from what I observed today.
    My Motto Is:

Spyder Garage

I know that 2 other Spyder ryders got tires from Harvey, Spyderpops, today and had Fun Center/Durango mount them. By the way Fun Center is a very positive, customer service dealership from what I observed today.
    Thanks!

I sent Harvey a email from his Spyderpops contact page asking if he has one I can buy. Do you know if Fun Center carries that tire?

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

From Cody we traveled south...
    Did y'all pass through Cody on Saturday? We were in downtown Cody and noticed a couple of Spyders (one white) pass by.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    PS: we have more of the same (only some much bigger) for you when you visit the Last Frontier.
    You guys have an entire bay that empties when the tide goes out. It still boggles my mind when I think about seeing that traveling between Anchorage and Seward.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    You guys have an entire bay that empties when the tide goes out. It still boggles my mind when I think about seeing that traveling between Anchorage and Seward.
    Yep! Turnagain Arm. One of Alaska's very scenic rydes.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-25-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hi, MB. It sounds like it's an awesome ride up there. Heading there on July 3rd with my wife and my brother with wife. This will be my wife's first long trip and Durango sounds like a great place. We are running up from Vegas so I hope she gets to see the beauty of northern Nevada and Utah. From what you've described I better make sure the phones are charged for all the pictures she will take. Lol!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You want scenery? You want sheer dropoffs? Ride the steam train. Sit on the right side...
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default No...

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Thanks!

I sent Harvey a email from his Spyderpops contact page asking if he has one I can buy. Do you know if Fun Center carries that tire?
    No Fun Center only carries OEM (Kendas) but they will install whatever you bring in to them...
    My Motto Is:

Spyder Garage

No Fun Center only carries OEM (Kendas) but they will install whatever you bring in to them...
    Thanks! That saves me a call to them. I hope Harvey has one I can buy. I will try calling him. I hope he's up

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue