Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Radio Station Presets...

A little whlle ago; there were some ongoing discussions about how to get the RT's radio to accept presets.
    I sort of knew what to do; but hadn't monkeyed around with it much; until today!
    First: it's best to be in neutral with the parking brake on. They say that you can do it "on the fly"... that seems overwhelming.
    anyway...
    Bike running and parked...
    hit the "mode" button until you get the the radio station screens (I think that it's one hit to get there...)
    Once you've got it; take a long press of the "set" button
    Now you can use your left and right buttons to find the station that you want to save...
    Once you find it; a short press of the "Up" button lets the radio know that you're getting serious about things.
    Now all that you need to do, is give a "Long Press" on the "Down" button!

That should do it...
    And double your money back; if you're not happy with my instructions...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Good instructions. Thanks. I also think people were more concerned about not being able to re-set those stations. Someone mentioned that they have figured that out but never shared it with us, or at least I don't remember reading about it.
    2012 RT-S SE5 with Web Boards, custom graphics and battery tender leads

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

From what I could find; you can't clear them out at all... you just have to overwrite them...
    Picking out a particular present to re-write; that's the one part of this effort that I couldn't figure out either
    I think that you just have to start back at the first one, and start from scratch.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    A little whlle ago; there were some ongoing discussions about how to get the RT's radio to accept presets.
    I sort of knew what to do; but hadn't monkeyed around with it much; until today!
    First: it's best to be in neutral with the parking brake on. They say that you can do it "on the fly"... that seems overwhelming.
    anyway...
    hit the "mode" button until you get the the radio station screens (I think that it's one hit to get there...)
    Now you can use your left and right buttons to find the station that you want to save...
    Once you find it; a short press of the "Up" button lets the radio know that you're getting serious about things.

That should do it...
    Thanks! I'm going to have to give that a try.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Thank you, I had cancelled my XM, but got a letter to renew for 6 months for $25, so I did it tonight, just no Howard Stern, will come in handy for Durango.

Spyder Garage

Bob is there a way to adjust balance and fade? Bass and treble? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup!
    Bang on the "Mode" button until you find the preferences screen.
    (It's the last choice before coming back around to your normal "MPH" dislplay)
    There'll be 3 boxes of "STUFF"
    YOu'll kind of see left side box has an arrow around it, and the top line of information is highlighted...
    Use your "Down" arrow to go find the audio settings...
    Once that is highlighted; use the "right" button to move over to the center box...
    Now you're in to where you can pick whichever settings you want to adjust
    When you're on the one you want; use your "right" button again to move over to the right box... this is where the adjustments are made.

Just keep track of which box you're is (Left and right arrows), and which thing you want to work on (Up and down arrows), and it all works out!

Spyder Garage

One of the problems with over writing a preset is if that station that is on that preset is sending station, artist, title type information. You know this as you will see it on the console like the station name, song name, etc will show up with the number. What happens if a station is doing that is when you get to it and press up "to get serious" that info comes in and the radio jumps to the next open preset! If all the presets are taken it jumps to the #1 preset. This makes it almost impossible to over write a preset like that. Some stations don't transmit this info and those are easy to over write. This is a bug in the software of the radio. FYI radio is made by Radio Sound not BRP.

So if your REAL FAST about it you can do it especially the first say 5 presets and the last 5 (scrolling backwards with the left button). The ones that get pretty impossible are the middle set like 6-9, you just cant seem to be fast enough to get ahead of the broadcasted station information change!

What I had to do is unplug the radios antenna and program all the presets to a dead station e.g. a frequency no station is on. Then plug in the antenna and now I could go a set all the presets.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    What I had to do is unplug the radios antenna and program all the presets to a dead station e.g. a frequency no station is on. Then plug in the antenna and now I could go a set all the presets.
    GREAT way to get around this problem!

Spyder Garage

Default Radio Station Presets...

Thanks Bob for the info. I was just going to ask about the presets

Spyder Garage

Thanks Bob. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Changing radio stations

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    anyway...

That should do it...
    Bob
    I've misplaced my manual for my 2015 RT LTD.
    I like to be able to scan the radio stations. When I try only the presets change. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arecibo50 View Post
    Bob
    I've misplaced my manual for my 2015 RT LTD.
    I like to be able to scan the radio stations. When I try only the presets change. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the world of long and short press. A short press on the right or left buttons will go up or down presets as you discovered. A long press on the right or left buttons will scan up or down the radio scale to next station that is strong enough.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Whatever happened to the days when we had dials for base/treble and buttons for station presets. Simple went away with innovation and technology..... I miss it.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

+1
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Have no time for the radio, ride and enjoy the surrounding and joy of bike riding.

Spyder Garage

Default is xm mode built into the radio?

2017 Ft3 with audio--i am not sure how to locate the XM band/mode--then how do you get your XM Id into the computer so that you can hear XM stations? (very confused but hating the FM radio so hella much)

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Thank you, I had cancelled my XM, but got a letter to renew for 6 months for $25, so I did it tonight, just no Howard Stern, will come in handy for Durango.

Spyder Garage

Default Handy Guide

I don't remember where I found this PDF and it is much too large to attach. I printed a copy and put it in the frunk with my manual. It has easy to follow instructions and best of all, it works!

If someone can tell me how to attach a 5.5 MB PDF, it would even be legible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony

2012 RT-S SE5 - Viper Red
    Castle Atom SV Tarmac Modular Helmets
    Sena SMH5 Headsets
    Ultraguard Half Cover
    Hopnel Luggage: Frunk, Top Case, and Saddlebags
    Big Bike Parts Short Spiral Antenna
    Kumho Ecsta AST 225/50R15 Rear Tire - Got almost 18,000 miles before replacement with Riken Raptor
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 165/65R-14 Front Tires
    BajaRon Spark Plugs and Wires
    EBC Rear Pads and Rotor from BajaRon
    Riken Raptor HR 215/60-15 Rear Tire

Future Plans:
    2013 Cooling Kit
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    High-Mount Brake Light
    2012 RT-S , Viper Red

Spyder Garage

Worked perfectly........except for my fat fingering