Spyder Garage

Default O2 sensor issues

I recently bought a 2011 RT SE5 with fewer than 3k miles and have had the check engine light come on on three separate occasions. the first time was just after it had spent the winter hibernating. I topped off the tank and the light came on within a couple minutes. I drove it home with the intention of getting it to the dealer, but the code cleared after turning the bike off for a few minutes. The second time, I had filled up the bike at the same gas station, but this time I rode for over 60 miles before the light came on. The most recent time was today. I had filled up last weekend and had gone another 60 miles on the tank before the check engine light came on. my last fill-up was at another station and I've gotten gas at other stations without issue. Even though the check engine light is on and the engine surges, it doesn't go into limp mode. When I checked the codes I got a P0136, P0170 and most recently a P0130. I've seen a couple older threads where this problem has cropped up, but I haven't seen a conclusion. O was wondering if anyone has had this issue and if they've been able to get it resolved. I'm really enjoying the bike, but getting frustrated at having to worry about the engine malfunctioning while away from home. Thanks gang.

Update: I probably should've mentioned that after the first episode, I installed a Power Commander V, Two Brothers pipe and K&N filter. Not thinking the new parts were an issue I thought that it could be something else. I've gone through the FI system and after disconnecting the O2 optimizers, bypassing the Power commander and resetting the check engine light, I may have come to a few conclusions. I was looking at the Power Commander map that all the adjustments related to my modifications are on the lean side. Not really a big deal until I remembered that most motorcycle manufacturers in the past would set the fuel metering on the lean side for better emissions and fuel economy. The Spyder, on the other hand, is covered in plastic and runs a bit on the hot side. So added fuel can help this issue. Unfortunately, the power commander wanted things a bit leaner and went against the wishes of the ECM and triggered the trouble codes. I don't know what the spec for the target A/F ratio is so this is all speculation. If anybody could shed some more light in this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by SPWmike75; 07-12-2014 at 10:42 PM.