Spyder Garage

Default Looking for a seat cover or a replacement seat for 08 GS

Hi all. We went for our longest ride on the Spyder and the seat almost killed us. Very uncomfortable. Can anyone recommend a good seat cover first and then a good replacement seat second. Dont have the $$$ for a expensive seat. I did look at the Corbin and Ultimate Seats. I also saw beadrider.com and pro pad. Any recomendations or reviews will be greatly appreciated. The ride was approximately 140 miles round trip and we stopped at midpoint and ate lunch.

Thanks
    Marc

Spyder Garage

Hey all still looking for recommendations. I also heard an ST comfort seat will fit. Can anyone comfirm this. Is re upolstering it an option. Let me know

Spyder Garage

Default Several options.............

Yes, you could take it to a local upholstery shop and see how much they would charge to redo the seat, make sure they use a gel or similar foam for comfort.

BeadRider is an option but a more popular one is AirHawk. You can find them online and check with other SL's to get their opinion about size and which Airhawk to get for an '08 GS/RS.

If you watch the For Sale section, you may find a Can-Am comfort seat to replace yours.

Spyder Garage

Here's my experience with seats and covers. Very important to me because I have bad back, hip, and have to be sitting in the perfect spot or I cannot enjoy the ride.

Covers:
    : Have a sheepskin/gel pad. Mine came from Alaska Leather. They advertise on the internet. X large fits the front pad of the seat and Large fits the rear pad. About a hundred bucks.

: AirHawk Cushion: I have cruiser medium and it fits the front seat pad well. Also comes in AirHawk2--(enhanced ergonomics). About $150

Both work good. I usually start out no covers and add one or both after the basic seat position is no longer comfortable.

The stock seat still remains my biggest complaint on the . Why can't they make a comfortable long miles touring seat for the ryders of their $30K machines??

Seats:
    : The BRP Comfort is a step up from the OEM seat. About $550. I have had these on two of my 's.

: Corbin: Will mention it, but saw you don't like the prices. Hard and gives good support. Used in conjunction with pads, not to bad. You either like Corbin or not. Have had on two of my 's.

Still using the OEM and a Utopia backrest on my current 2014. I still do not like the OEM. I am thinking still to soft. I did save my Corbin and backrest from the 2010--so have that on the shelf--just in case. 3500 miles and still on the fence about 2014 seat.

Hope the information helps.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Too many..!!

few have tried them all and can give you run down. Many will tell you what worked for them but in the end you have to try them so you don't end up calling some of us liers... But really watch the sale places..here, ebay, amazon, craigs list etc. Thats where I found my Comfort seat which we are happy with. Have not tried any others and was lucky this one worked out...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Here's my experience with seats and covers. Very important to me because I have bad back, hip, and have to be sitting in the perfect spot or I cannot enjoy the ride.

Covers:
    : Have a sheepskin/gel pad. Mine came from Alaska Leather. They advertise on the internet. X large fits the front pad of the seat and Large fits the rear pad. About a hundred bucks.

: AirHawk Cushion: I have cruiser medium and it fits the front seat pad well. Also comes in AirHawk2--(enhanced ergonomics). About $150

Both work good. I usually start out no covers and add one or both after the basic seat position is no longer comfortable.

The stock seat still remains my biggest complaint on the . Why can't they make a comfortable long miles touring seat for the ryders of their $30K machines??

Seats:
    : The BRP Comfort is a step up from the OEM seat. About $550. I have had these on two of my 's.

: Corbin: Will mention it, but saw you don't like the prices. Hard and gives good support. Used in conjunction with pads, not to bad. You either like Corbin or not. Have had on two of my 's.

Still using the OEM and a Utopia backrest on my current 2014. I still do not like the OEM. I am thinking still to soft. I did save my Corbin and backrest from the 2010--so have that on the shelf--just in case. 3500 miles and still on the fence about 2014 seat.

Hope the information helps.
    Helps me very much. I am curently going to send some pictures upholstery shop. Any experience with ultimate seats. I had kind of picked that one until I saw the BMP comfort seat.

Spyder Garage

I bought a BRP Comfort seat in the preseason of this year for my '08GS.

I have found it to be a great improvement over the standard one. I can now go for a few hours with no discomfort.

Would really like to find an "all day" one but am not about to lay out a bundle of $ to experiment with an Ultimate or a Corbin.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Costco sell a gel/memory seat pad for $20 that fits perfectly on the rider's and passenger's seats on my 2013 RT-S. It does raise you up a good inch or so, but I put over 450 miles on it today in 100+ degree temps and I love it.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R