Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ST seat on an RS?

Looking at the 2013 and 2014 ST-S models, it seems they might actually fit on the RS-S 2013. They have the same shape when measured. Does anyone think these might fit as a replacement? I have the comfort-seat (OEM) and it's.. meh.. The ST seat is superior.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, ST and RS/GS seats are all interchangeable. Quite a few, including myself, have done it.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat on my 2013 RS and it is a lot more comfortable than the stock RS seat.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Registered Users sypderrobinson134's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Does this work for a standard rs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sypderrobinson134 View Post
    Does this work for a standard rs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, RS and RS-S are basically the same minus some add-ons.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    I have a 2013 ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat on my 2013 RS and it is a lot more comfortable than the stock RS seat.
    How does that affect your posture with the stock RS foot pegs being set back, but the ST seat putting you more upright. I'm going to purchase a used ST seat sometime when i save a bit more cash.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The biggest change with the ST seat is that it is flatter side to side instead of barrel shaped. So its a bit more supportive side to side.
    It still has a slope front to rear, but not as drastic as the RS seat.

Spyder Garage

Default tru dat

they are not too bad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    it was fun while it lasted.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Agree, the ST is really the best bang for buck when it comes to off the shelf seats. They are quite comfy!
    BRP actually did a real nice job on the pillion area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail View Post
    How does that affect your posture with the stock RS foot pegs being set back, but the ST seat putting you more upright. I'm going to purchase a used ST seat sometime when i save a bit more cash.
    I feel the RS seat is wider than the ST seat and it seems to sit higher and is more padded. However I don't feel it made any difference in how upright I sit but maybe the angle to the pegs is a little different.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have one on-order (ST Limited). Installed the "Comfort Seat" and wasn't impressed. Too.. puffy. Says it's leather, I'm not sure about that though. Anyway, mine's for sale for a reasonable offer once I get it off. Hardware not included, of course, as that's part of the "fun" of Can-Am seat install. Fits the ST apparently as well.

The Comfort Seat is cool-looking but too bouncy and raised. I'm sure it'd be fine if it broke-in after a while. I've had it a week and I'm not thrilled, though it's superior to the OEM custom-embroidered RS-S seat (which is also for sale with silver stitching).

Man, I really hate that hydraulic arm ball-joint connector!!! ARGH! Removing and re-installing that is such a pain!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikecronis View Post
    I have one on-order (ST Limited). Installed the "Comfort Seat" and wasn't impressed. Too.. puffy. Says it's leather, I'm not sure about that though. Anyway, mine's for sale for a reasonable offer once I get it off. Hardware not included, of course, as that's part of the "fun" of Can-Am seat install. Fits the ST apparently as well.

The Comfort Seat is cool-looking but too bouncy and raised. I'm sure it'd be fine if it broke-in after a while. I've had it a week and I'm not thrilled, though it's superior to the OEM custom-embroidered RS-S seat (which is also for sale with silver stitching).

Man, I really hate that hydraulic arm ball-joint connector!!! ARGH! Removing and re-installing that is such a pain!!!
    For the ball joint on the shock take a small flat head screwdriver and slide it under the metal clip. Do not pry off the clip. Just slide it under the clip and leave it.
    The shock will easily pull off the ball.
    When you put the shock back on just slide it back over the ball and then pull out the screwdriver.
    Super easy...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Like this:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yeah, I did that before and the metal clip went .. PRIIIIIINGGGG into outer-space and landed about 20 feet away in my garage. I fear the Metal Clip of Hate (tm) though I'll try to just sort of loosen it. Once it's out of the two indents on the plastic surround it really really doesn't want to go back in there and requires four archangels to come down and lo and behold for yay verily and a great might stirred the land and after one hour's time the clip grudgingly was sent back to its rightful place, in thy mercy. Amen.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hahaha...don't pry, just slide the screwdriver under and let it be. It will give just enough clearance.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Looking at the 2013 and 2014 ST-S models, it seems they might actually fit on the RS-S 2013. They have the same shape when measured. Does anyone think these might fit as a replacement? I have the comfort-seat (OEM) and it's.. meh.. The ST seat is superior.
    I have an ST seat on my RS. It way morse comfortable than the BRP comfort seat, more cushion. If you can get one I would highly recommend it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Do you still have the "Comfort seat" for sale?
    Lean & Mean

Spyder Garage

Resurrecting a way old thread here, but I am wondering can you put an RT seat on an RS?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy1 View Post
    Resurrecting a way old thread here, but I am wondering can you put an RT seat on an RS?
    No.

Well, not without spending a whole lot of money &/or time modding the blunt end, cos where/how they look & mount is completely different; and even if you do get that end sorted, there's more differences up the front end too!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    No.

Well, not without spending a whole lot of money &/or time modding the blunt end, cos where/how they look & mount is completely different; and even if you do get that end sorted, there's more differences up the front end too!
    Ok, thanks. I am selling a custom RT seat and a potential buyer with an ‘09 RS contacted me to buy. I want to save him the trip if it won’t work.

Spyder Garage

Default better understanding.....

Good evening and thanks for letting me join the group!
    So I am new to the can am world but liking them the more I explore things. So my wife rides a 2014 can am spyder rs-s she really likes it but would like better comfort. I am trying to understand a definite answer as to what seat will replace the stock seat on her 14 rs-s? she really wants a seat that will accommodate a drivers backrest.

thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ddwild View Post
    So I am new to the can am world but liking them the more I explore things. So my wife rides a 2014 can am spyder rs-s she really likes it but would like better comfort. I am trying to understand a definite answer as to what seat will replace the stock seat on her 14 rs-s? she really wants a seat that will accommodate a drivers backrest.

thanks
    There’s many options for aftermarket seats. Many people enjoy the Corbin brand seat. They have a great website where you can check out different options that would meet your style.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ddwild View Post

thanks
    I added a " Utopia " brand backrest ( they have a web site ) to both my 08 GS and 2011 RSS ..... Utopia gives instructions on how to do it ..... I didn't remove the seat cover to accomplish mounting it ..... Mike