Spyder Garage

Default Clutch Switch Question

Think I figured out why my clutch switch isn't working. It was never plugged in. The wiring harness is just hanging loose. Cannot find an obvious place to plug it in. The closest I can find has a dummy connector plugged in to it. I don't want to plug things in the wrong place.

Anyone know where the Clutch switch wiring harness plugs in to the bike? I know it is near the right front of engine compartment. Kind of behind or to the side of the coolant overflow tank.

Spyder Garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403398081.867315.jpg
    Loose clutch switch connector. Has a brown and blue wire inside. Same colors that come out of the clutch switch on the handle bar. Harness goes through handle bars, then is routed over to the right front of the engine compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Craniac; 06-21-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403398144.212908.jpgwhere I think it should plug in. On the top of the mass of connectors. But it has a dummy connector to block it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Coincidentally...

Quote Originally Posted by Craniac View Post
    Think I figured out why my clutch switch isn't working. It was never plugged in. The wiring harness is just hanging loose. Cannot find an obvious place to plug it in. The closest I can find has a dummy connector plugged in to it. I don't want to plug things in the wrong place.

Anyone know where the Clutch switch wiring harness plugs in to the bike? I know it is near the right front of engine compartment. Kind of behind or to the side of the coolant overflow tank.
    When my ST was delivered the clutch switch and harness wasn't even installed. It had been left off at the factory. The switch and how it's routed isn't in the parts fiche as far as I saw. Your local dealer might have to call the factory to get the info for you.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What happened to the PDI -Predelivery inspection?
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod