Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting such great pictures, and the nice write-up of your trip. Wishing you all the best on your way home. Keep us updated.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

i made back and had to go early to go shooting (made my first 1600 yard shot with a 260 remington in canon city)then burned back 1144 miles straight to dirt town.

hope the rest of your vacation goes great. SOME of us had to come back to work.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    i made back and had to go early to go shooting (made my first 1600 yard shot with a 260 remington in canon city)then burned back 1144 miles straight to dirt town.

hope the rest of your vacation goes great. SOME of us had to come back to work.

1144 miles in one run - You truly have a iron butt!

Glad you made it home safely and was nice talking with you at the event. On the shot
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Well....we are in Great Falls, Montana after spending 6 days in the Grand Teton and Yellowstone area! The scenery is fabulous the riding was great and you couldn't ask for better weather, but the cell and wifi was so sketchy that is wasn't very often that we could stay connected to post much less add photos. We stayed at the Headwaters Flag Ranch located right between the two national parks. We haven't camped in quite a few years, it sure was fun...although having limited space we didn't pack any cooking items...darn we had to eat out...and there were plenty of options.
    We saw 4 spyders while in this area and were able to talk to one couple that were from South Dakota.
    We said good-bye to Yellowstone and saw one last bison on our side of the road just walking along probably wondering what all the fuss was about! Road 340 some miles to Great Falls, Montana, through some more beautiful country. Tomorrow we head to Glacier National Park!
    Here are some photos from our stay here:

Last edited by Paula(Butch2025); 07-08-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Sounds fantastic!! I hope the great weather you have continues. We made it home Saturday night.

Les & Kathy

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Sounds fantastic!! I hope the great weather you have continues. We made it home Saturday night.

Les & Kathy
    Glad to hear you are home...see you at our next ride on July 26.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll here we are in East Glacier, staying at the Whistling Swan Motel (10 rooms!) no breakfast. But there is a great bakery around the corner and one block over!

We had a beautiful ride up here on two lane roads and only minor road. Construction that made awfully happy we were on Spyders an not two wheels! Our route had us on the Lewis and Clark Trail winding through plains and foothills. Short ride today only 283 miles. I can't believe the weather we are having I hope the weather gods continue to look favorably on us! Meet a couple from Alberta in Browning today that have a Spyder and cycle and we chatted while eating our lunch in the parking lot. There hasn't been a single day on this trip that we haven't meet a fellow Spyder owner or someone happy to see one up close. BRP should be giving us a kick back for all the advertising we are doing! Sort of a lazy day today and then we will tour around Glacier National Park.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paula(Butch2025); 07-08-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Day 21 - we said good-bye to East Glacier today at 7am and 489 miles later we are in Glendive, MT in time for supper.
    I know I keep saying the scenery is a awesome, but these mountains are just that. Glacier doesn't have the rugged peaks of the Tetons but when you ride the Going to the Sun Road and get into the center of all those mountains with snow fields and glaciers it is so cool.
    We were lucky that they just opened Logan's Pass last week and were able to do the whole route. There was still some drifts that were over Butch's head.
    We took a boat tour on Lake McDonald and the water was such a pretty color so different than our Minnesota lakes.
    If you ever go out that way we would highly recommend staying in East Glacier (Whistling Swan Motel) stopping at the Rock and Roll Bakery and eating at Two Medicine Grill. All great places in our opinion and great people.
    As for Glendive, CC's Family Restaurant was really good too (the Spanish omelette, yum).
    Well gotta get some shut eye so we can rest up for tomorrow ride towards home.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    Day 21 - we said good-bye to East Glacier today at 7am and 489 miles later we are in Glendive, MT in time for supper.
    I know I keep saying the scenery is a awesome, but these mountains are just that. Glacier doesn't have the rugged peaks of the Tetons but when you ride the Going to the Sun Road and get into the center of all those mountains with snow fields and glaciers it is so cool.
    We were lucky that they just opened Logan's Pass last week and were able to do the whole route. There was still some drifts that were over Butch's head.
    We took a boat tour on Lake McDonald and the water was such a pretty color so different than our Minnesota lakes.
    If you ever go out that way we would highly recommend staying in East Glacier (Whistling Swan Motel) stopping at the Rock and Roll Bakery and eating at Two Medicine Grill. All great places in our opinion and great people.
    As for Glendive, CC's Family Restaurant was really good too (the Spanish omelette, yum).
    Well gotta get some shut eye so we can rest up for tomorrow ride towards home.
    Sounds like a fantastic trip Looks like you are heading back in time to expeareance our cool down, high of 64 on Monday. Hope you miss the rain - not that we have had much of that .
    Stay safe and see you both on the 26

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Home!!!! Made it home from Durango today after putting in a 630ish mile day...yes Seth we should've stopped by but we figured we would come bug you for a whole 3 day weekend next month!!!!

All in all we did 5,216 miles...21 days...and we're still talking! I will have to download the photos from my canon camera later...wifi was just not consitant enough along the route to do that and then upload them here...so that's a job for the next couple of days while I'm doing laundry.

We met some of the greatest people along this trip...so we don't just have scenic memories but people too. Of course every gas stop turns into an infomercial for BRP, we figured at least 8 people we talked to were going to go test ride one or buy one! We had an Asian man approach us in Yellowstone Park all excited to see our Spyders, he took several photos...didn't want much to do with my black one he was very into Butch's yellow STs...ended up motioning to him to sit on it and took his photo...he left us all smiles and giving us thumbs up several times!

This was quite the epic summer vacation, so glad that Butch needed to use up some of his vacation days!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like you had a great trip and I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    Home!!!! Made it home from Durango today after putting in a 630ish mile day...yes Seth we should've stopped by but we figured we would come bug you for a whole 3 day weekend next month!!!!

All in all we did 5,216 miles...21 days...and we're still talking! I will have to download the photos from my canon camera later...wifi was just not consitant enough along the route to do that and then upload them here...so that's a job for the next couple of days while I'm doing laundry.

We met some of the greatest people along this trip...so we don't just have scenic memories but people too. Of course every gas stop turns into an infomercial for BRP, we figured at least 8 people we talked to were going to go test ride one or buy one! We had an Asian man approach us in Yellowstone Park all excited to see our Spyders, he took several photos...didn't want much to do with my black one he was very into Butch's yellow STs...ended up motioning to him to sit on it and took his photo...he left us all smiles and giving us thumbs up several times!

This was quite the epic summer vacation, so glad that Butch needed to use up some of his vacation days!!!!
    Congrats on an "epic vacation" -- it looked and sounded great. Thanks for keeping us updated. Welcome home.....
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac