Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT LIM. 9 POLE TRAILER PLUG(HARNESS?)THAT PLUGS-IN UNDER LT.SADDLEBAG QUESTION?

Where do I buy one to convert to the trailer harness I purchased fromBRP?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    Where do I buy one to convert to the trailer harness I purchased fromBRP?

BRP part number 710003237 Plug and play, remove old pigtail by unplugging about 18-24 inches back from the front of the trailer on the bottom. New pigtail runs through the hitch back to this plug. Has same four prong square plug that your spider BRP hitch connects with on the spider.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT LTD TRAILER WIRING

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    BRP part number 710003237 Plug and play, remove old pigtail by unplugging about 18-24 inches back from the front of the trailer on the bottom. New pigtail runs through the hitch back to this plug. Has same four prong square plug that your spider BRP hitch connects with on the spider.

Jack
    Thanks,I have the part # that you mention but I d/n have a BRP trailer.Mine is an "ALUMA" (was towed behind 03 WING)w/5 round female plug from the trailer itself. Does that harness plug in under the seat somewhere? Again thanks much..

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mac View Post
    Thanks,I have the part # that you mention but I d/n have a BRP trailer.Mine is an "ALUMA" (was towed behind 03 WING)w/5 round female plug from the trailer itself. Does that harness plug in under the seat somewhere? Again thanks much..
    Check out what I did. Maybe it will help you out.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-lights-Part-1
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I am attempting to build a cable to hook up the lights for my own trailer. I am trying to get from the RT Limited to the end of my trailer hitch on the bike. I was looking for an empty plug under the left saddlebag to feed the trailer lighting.I have a power module to adapt from the spyder to trailer but where can I tap into on the spider to feed my module?

Spyder Garage

There isn't an empty plug for that purpose. You will need to tap into the existing wiring. Luckily it all runs right by the left saddle bag at least on our 2011's. You can tap everything right there including turn signals if desired. I would recommend using relays though.

I put all the wiring colors and pinouts in this thread in case you need it. Some pics in there too.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...wiring-harness

Quote Originally Posted by rbob View Post
    I am attempting to build a cable to hook up the lights for my own trailer. I am trying to get from the RT Limited to the end of my trailer hitch on the bike. I was looking for an empty plug under the left saddlebag to feed the trailer lighting.I have a power module to adapt from the spyder to trailer but where can I tap into on the spider to feed my module?
    Last edited by jwulf74; 04-23-2015 at 01:09 PM.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

On my new 2015 Rt Limited. I had the dealer cut off the BRP square plug that goes on the spyder and wire in a flat four connector.
    Then I got a 4pin trailer adaptor harness for my RT 622 trailer.

Spyder Garage

Default trailer wiring

Quote Originally Posted by rbob View Post
    Yes, I tapped into the existing wiring to a power module I bought at an automotive store. My next step is to try it out on my utility trailer.It will likely be only used in parades as a float for our group
    Thanks