Spyder Garage

Default how many of you enjoy

THE HEAT OF SUMMER. i have not been riding much with the heat that i have been having here in NYC. i did have the bike checked out for the front end being a lil squrrilly in turns and they had to zero it out because the steering was a lil out, but i am not riding because of the bike, i hate the heat. being a big guy, 300+ pounds and taking meds that make me light sensitive i try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

so i was just wondering how many enjoy the heat and sun
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Anytime..!!

Where we ryde would be the question. Have great areas we like to head to the mountains high desert areas early and about the time it gets over 100* we will swing down to the coast where it will be 20+* cooler. Coastal ryde home all is good. Difference heat here, we lived in conn. and hot there was harsher so I can understand it being rather uncomfortable for you with your situation..ryde when its right and enjoy..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I prefer riding in "cooler" temperatures...
    By that; mid-seventies feel just about perfect!

But I'll ride as long as there's no ice on the road...

... and the lava fields haven't reached the road shoulder just yet!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

we have 2 temps here hot and hotter. it does get cold in the winter but from the 1st of april until about mid october we are going to have 90 degree or hotter weather. if you don't ride in it you will only ride after 7:30 or 8:00 at night or before 9:00 in the morning.

Spyder Garage

in Florida we ride early and follow country roads, where trees help shade the road. we avoid roads where we get caught sitting at lights and start cooking.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Starts getting a bit like... ; doesn't it?

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I ride all year but really love the hot weather best (the hotter the better).
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    THE HEAT OF SUMMER. i have not been riding much with the heat that i have been having here in NYC. i did have the bike checked out for the front end being a lil squrrilly in turns and they had to zero it out because the steering was a lil out, but i am not riding because of the bike, i hate the heat. being a big guy, 300+ pounds and taking meds that make me light sensitive i try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

so i was just wondering how many enjoy the heat and sun
    Was thinking about you yesterday. You answered my questions.

Here (Alaska)--I wish I could ryde in the heat--at least occasionally. We started May with three gorgeous weeks of sunshine and high 60's and low 70's. Usually we get three or four days in the 70's and that is it for our summer. The last 3.5 weeks or so we have had cloudy, rain, temps in the low 50's and a couple days where it has gone up to 63 or so. More typical for our area--but we will see what summer brings once it is "officially" here. Night time temps in the high 40's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Was thinking about you yesterday. You answered my questions.

Here (Alaska)--I wish I could ryde in the heat--at least occasionally. We started May with three gorgeous weeks of sunshine and high 60's and low 70's. Usually we get three or four days in the 70's and that is it for our summer. The last 3.5 weeks or so we have had cloudy, rain, temps in the low 50's and a couple days where it has gone up to 63 or so. More typical for our area--but we will see what summer brings once it is "officially" here. Night time temps in the high 40's.
    i prefer the 70 degree weather, when it get's hot like now, 90 degrees i stay in or only go out if i go in my car
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Past couple of days have been hot and humid here. Today heat index was 101F. I usually don't ride but had to take the wife's bike in for state inspection yesterday. The heat at stop lights was ridiculous.

Still not as bad as what the GIs are dealing with in the sandbox.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(OFF-Off-Topic...)
    Did you get Kris' bike back to running better?

Spyder Garage

either go early in the morning or later in the evening.

Spyder Garage

Default Things to beat the heat

I bought two items to help beat the heat. Hyperkewl Deluxe Cooling Vest and EnduraCool Multi Cool. I wet them per instructions and went for a short ride in the sunny 88 degree weather. I was actually a little bit cold during the ride. I hung them up when I got home and the vest stayed wet and cool for several hours.
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS - SE5 & Escape XL Trailer. Various Bling: PowerSportsWrap dash kit, Spyderpops grills, lower RT block off plate, Elka 1+Rs, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light, BajaRon sway bar, Diamond R armrests, Web Boards floorboards, SmoothSpyder Belt Tensioner, Custom World Front Vent Trim, SpyderFlap Mudflap, Alaskan Buttpad, F4 Sport Wide Windshield and SENA SMH-10's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by usn97ret View Post
    I bought two items to help beat the heat. Hyperkewl Deluxe Cooling Vest and EnduraCool Multi Cool. I wet them per instructions and went for a short ride in the sunny 88 degree weather. I was actually a little bit cold during the ride. I hung them up when I got home and the vest stayed wet and cool for several hours.
    I have a Hyperkewl vest, as well as a jacket in the same material. I usually have to take it off, it gets too cool. My wife just got us those multi cool things, so I haven't tried that out. Hyperkewl really works best when you are moving, but, you don't want to try to arrive dry with it on, lol.

Doc

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Florida heat an humidity

when it gets to 90 degrees an 100% humidity we don't ride. We are in our middle 70's. Both on the slender side of normal in stature. Me at 5'8" @160#. Anne is 5'9"@145#.

we have more or less set her riding temp to 50 low and 83 high. I will go from 30 low to a high of 90 but get the humidity above 80% and I fade fast.

I prefer early mornings till noon and late evenings in the summer months with cloudy skies.

Winter give me sunshine.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Paint!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by webrab View Post
    in Florida we ride early and follow country roads, where trees help shade the road. we avoid roads where we get caught sitting at lights and start cooking.

LOVE your paint job!!