Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn Electrical Power Point

I have a couple of questions that I was hoping someone may have answers to.

First, I am thinking about mounting a Kuryakyn Electrical Power Point (1483) on the handlebar of my 2011 RT. The specs say they bolt into the back of the clutch mount with 2 screws with a vertical spacing (center to center) of 1 1/8" to 1 5/8". I have the semi-automatic hence no clutch mount to work with but I there are screws that hold the back of the handlebar in place that meet that spacing and may work. Has anyone tried this before and it so, did it work? Otherwise my options are to mount the power point somewhere on the dash and run USB cable up the handlebars to my GoPro wifi remote.

Second, I had not plugged my iPod into the trunk plug in about a year (worked fine the last time) and when I recently plugged it in, it registered as a mp3 player but not an iPod. This meant I had no iPod controls to work with to manage the playlists. There have been a couple of system updates installed since I last used the iPod and I wondered if maybe one of them has caused my issue. The iPod is an old 2nd gen version and is no longer supported and cannot be updated. I know it was not been updated since I used it last on the Spyder.

Any help is appreciated.

Interior lights on Spyder and trailer; Center Brake Light, Elka Shocks & Relocators; 2 Ram Ball Mounts on the dash for my GoPro and Phone; Rivco Flag Mount for RT's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't know too much about RT's as I ride an ST and this is the ST Shop Talk. Try asking this on the RT or General shop talk sites.

I have this attached to the jump terminals and cables running up to the handlebars.
    http://cyclegiant.com/products/34624...er-power_plugs
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Don't know too much about RT's as I ride an ST and this is the ST Shop Talk. Try asking this on the RT or General shop talk sites.

I have this attached to the jump terminals and cables running up to the handlebars.
    http://cyclegiant.com/products/34624...er-power_plugs
    I meant to put this in the RT forum and clicked the wrong button. I did get it into the general Shoptalk. Thanks

Interior lights on Spyder and trailer; Center Brake Light, Elka Shocks & Relocators; 2 Ram Ball Mounts on the dash for my GoPro and Phone; Rivco Flag Mount for RT's