Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT silencer options

Looking at silencer options at the moment,

I have spoken to Yoshimura and Mivv neither of whom are planning to offer a silencer for the 1330 ACE engine. Pity as I really fancied the Yoshi tri oval carbon can.

Pretty much leaves;
    Akrapovic
    Two Brothers Racing (Dos Bros Tacos)

Any others out there?

Thanks
    Nito
    1330 RT SE6 Timeless Black...
    "Tre Pistoni, Tre Ruote, Tre Mendo"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hadn't heard of any others...
    But let's see what pops up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Canon?
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

I called HMF Friday, and they don't have one in the works yet.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Chaps,

Funny that no one seems to want to get on board with these, perhaps the V-twin versions never sold that well to warrant them making ones for the triple. Both Yoshimura and Mivv offer them for the twins.

Looks like a Two Brothers it might end up being then.

Cheers
    Nito

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you in a postion to give the catalytic converter bypass a try first?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hadn't really thought about it. It was more for cosmetics and a little more sound. I'll be blacking mine out to RT-S type spec and all my muffler heat shields are silver, by the time I powder coat the oe shields etc may as well go for a sports muffler and get some extra sound and better looks.

I love the Yoshimura pipes, how different will the fitment be between the twin and triple I wonder?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I've only heard a couple of the TwoBrothers and find them obnoxious, and I'm a Harley dude used to loud pipes. I would like to hear the Akropovic. Haven't found anyone yet who has them.

Spyder Garage

Default There is a you tube video

I believe of a 14' w/o converter with stock muffler and without a converter and a two brothers.
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

I definately do not want obnoxious.

Saying that, my stock pipe is getting louder all the time. I wonder if the packing used in the silencer burns away with the heat, there is some serious heat coming out of that pipe after a spirited run.

I saw the vid of the TB system and it didn't sound too bad, but I've no first hand experience of them. I don't like the looks of the Akra pipe, or the price for that matter.

Spyder Garage

Hello chaps, been off the forum for a while pursuing other interests, back now the Sun is coming out again

Back to the top with this topic! Any more silencer options for the ACE1330 triple? Has anyone tried a '13 silencer on a '14 to see if it physically fits and suits engine characteristics?

cheers
    Nito

Spyder Garage

Default Check with Pitbull

They've just come out with a great looking and sounding muffler for the F3, and at Daytona, Len said they would have one for the RT by Spyderfest.

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Tailgunner has one for 2014RT. Does not show 2014 on there site but if you pick a muffler you like then add the connector pipe they have one for the ACE engine

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

I too am looking for a little more sound for my 1330. What research I have done, both available mufflers state that the sound will not be a lot different from stock unless the CAT is removed. Thinking of having just the CAT removed first before investing in a new muffler.

Had the CAT removed on the 998 and all it did was produce a better sound. Unless someone comes out with something that is better I will stick with stock.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

I too am looking for a little more sound for my 1330. What research I have done, both available mufflers state that the sound will not be a lot different from stock unless the CAT is removed. Thinking of having just the CAT removed first before investing in a new muffler.

Had the CAT removed on the 998 and all it did was produce a better sound. Unless someone comes out with something that is better I will stick with stock.

Jack
    I was also reading the same stuff.Not much change in sound just the appearance of a nice muffler on a 2014 RT. They claim its because its a 3 cylinder not a 2

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Yep - sticking with stock, until Yosh gets off the dime. Current choices are either too loud or too costly. $900 for a slip on muffler... Really??
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Thanks,

I'll have a listen to that when I get home tonight! For me the Akra does nothing aesthetically, I love the Tri-oval Carbon Yoshimura however. The Tri also fits in with the Spyder theme. Akra missed a trick with only two outlets...triple engine deserves triple outlets to match the Y logo arrangement, 2 holes above, one below!! More effort required Akrapovic, especially for the coin involved !

Spyder Garage

I still prefer the stock look over any of the others. The AKR was a nice sound with the baffles out but about the same with the baffles in. Lot's of dinero for a muffler that you have to dismantel to get some sound.

I would like to see/hear a video of a 1330 with the CAT removed. If it increases the sound much I would stick with the stock muffler. It made a big difference on my 998 with stock muffler. CAT removal was $400 from PitBull. I read in a previous post that Len and Lamont are working on something.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

I still prefer the stock look over any of the others. The AKR was a nice sound with the baffles out but about the same with the baffles in. Lot's of dinero for a muffler that you have to dismantel to get some sound.

I would like to see/hear a video of a 1330 with the CAT removed. If it increases the sound much I would stick with the stock muffler. It made a big difference on my 998 with stock muffler. CAT removal was $400 from PitBull. I read in a previous post that Len and Lamont are working on something.

Jack
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really see no big benefit changing the muffler.

If I wanted more noise I would have kept my TRIGLIDE
    Last edited by trikermutha; 03-22-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I really so no big benefit changing the muffler.If I wanted more noise I would have kept my TRIGLIDE
    how did you get the battles out of the muffler?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dbxray View Post
    how did you get the battles out of the muffler?
    Check this out

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Am-Spyder-RSS

Spyder Garage

Default Silencer Options

I have the Akrapovic and Lamonster's cat bypass. In addition to a much richer sound, there is a palpable increase in low end grunt.
    2016 Freewheeler

2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White (SOLD)

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard

Spyder Garage

Thanks Guys,

The Lamont bypass pipe sounds interesting, is there pricing on this yet? The Akra unfortunately is way more than I would like to, or could justify, spending. I sincerely hope Yoshimura release one, it really can't be that hard for them!

That said, perhaps the Akra is more than a generic item and has possibly had more development go into for performance but I am sceptical as to how much R&D actually goes into any of these pipes, same with motorbikes! Usually a generic end can with a specific link pipe!