Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Did you test it yet? I'm curious to see if the spring set-up on the left hole has enough pressure to hold down the ON switch. I couldn't figure out if there needed to be a spring'ed ball or a solid shaft in that hole.
    2014 RS SM5 Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDT View Post
    Did you test it yet? I'm curious to see if the spring set-up on the left hole has enough pressure to hold down the ON switch. I couldn't figure out if there needed to be a spring'ed ball or a solid shaft in that hole.
    Can't test drive until the pain meds wear off. Had one of my bum knees scoped last week. Still on pain killers.

I turned the key on and slid the switch to "on" LCD panel still said "off" When I rocked the switch up or down the LCD panel said cruise "on". But when I let go of the switch it went back to "off".

The stenciled words for the cruise control lit up real pretty when I powered up the bike.
    Last edited by Craniac; 06-19-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Spyder Garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403225122.280502.jpgpretty lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Craniac View Post
    Can't test drive until the pain meds wear off. Had one of my bum knees scoped last week. Still on pain killers.

I turned the key on and slid the switch to "on" LCD panel still said "off" When I rocked the switch up or down the LCD panel said cruise "on". But when I let go of the switch it went back to "off".

The stenciled words for the cruise control lit up real pretty when I powered up the bike.
    Ha, yea, that's a good idea not to ryde. Get better.

Sounds like you might not have enough pressure on the left spring assembly. This is definitely the trickiest part of this mod. I'm convinced there isn't supposed to be a spring there at all, or if there is, a very short and very tight spring. I think you need a very precisely cut to length rod in there, just short enough to clear the ramp but long enough to press the ON button all the way without tearing up the white rubber waterproof material.
    2014 RS SM5 Black

Spyder Garage

Seems stupid to not just have it on all if its already wired , I just looked , can not get the plastic rocker switch separate either. Apart of the pod and the cruise pod is $70 plus more for the one with the rocker switch on it????

I wanna work on the putting the ST radio on my RS. pull the panels and it is wired for it already and the cluster shows the radio section. Plenty of room under the back for a small amp and sub and set of speakers inside the dash even with my HID ballasts mounted in there.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    I wanna work on the putting the ST radio on my RS. pull the panels and it is wired for it already and the cluster shows the radio section. Plenty of room under the back for a small amp and sub and set of speakers inside the dash even with my HID ballasts mounted in there.
    Awesome. Please write that one up! Soon, us RS guys will have an RT Limited with a few dollars in parts!!

2014 RS SM5 Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDT View Post
    Awesome. Please write that one up! Soon, us RS guys will have an RT Limited with a few dollars in parts!!

Im tring to find someone with the install instructions for the ST, and most important that I don't loose my frunk space and not adding anything to mess the look up of the bike. I heard the JL speaker kit for the spyders and they sound great but really hate the way they look on the bike. I have a set of 2.5 inch bose speakers that fit perfect inside, just need to make a box for them to mount in .

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter

Spyder Garage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403277572.772290.jpg
    I decided to try a stronger spring. Since I had made the hole a slightly larger diameter I figured a ball point spring may work. Cut it about 3/8" and installed. Cruise now comes on. Sometimes I have to wiggle the switch a little so I know I am on the low side for spring pressure.

The better news. I have been off the pain meds for 24 hours so I took it for a test drive on a street that is never busy. It works perfect! Slide it over to "on", push down to set. LCD changes from "Cruise on" to "Cruise set". Push up, the bike speeds up about one mph. Push down, it slows one mph. Tap the brakes and the LCD goes from "set" to "on" and the bike slows. Push down again and the bike sets at the new speed.

Last edited by Craniac; 06-20-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Spyder Garage

Seems stupid to not just have it on all if its already wired , I just looked , can not get the plastic rocker switch separate either. Apart of the pod and the cruise pod is $70 plus more for the one with the rocker switch on it????

When i was installing my BRP passenger back rest, I saw what I believe is the radio unit up inside the rear fender on the right side. I looked and the part number is 710003552 but it says that it's "not available" and doesn't list a price for it either
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

I guess you can buy it. Honda East Toledo shows $529.35 for it
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

I installed the factory radio on my ST. The "instructions" were next to useless. About two words in 14 pages. The rest were line drawings with too many details removed to understand the drawing. Some of the pics were mildly helpful.

In short, the brain installs behind the plastic, on the right side under the passenger grab rail. The wiring harness runs forward along the gas tank seam. It is held in place with supplied zip ties. Wiring harness hooks to the blank connector that it fits. Again, pretty obvious when you see it.

The large connector hooks to the similar sized large connector on the left side, near the radio brain. Use some of the little green silicon plugs to fill the empty holes on the new connector. They are just used to keep grime out of the unused pins in case you ever want to add more Farkles.

Drill a hole in the plastic for the antenna. Then a much smaller hole for the bracket to hook into. You will understand when you see the factory antenna. Ground comes from the bolt for the "brain" bracket. The extra antenna cable and ground strap gets coiled up and zip tied on the left side, kind of behind the brain. Pictures of this step were useless. Just wad it up and zip tie it somewhere.

Spyder Garage

BonesDT PM me your address and shirt size. As a "Thank You" I might be able to find a polo shirt with a embroidered Spyder logo in your size. Also what color shirt and logo would you like?

Spyder Garage

The complete right hand switch housing new is part number 710003921 and sells for $301.85 with free shipping

Spyder Garage

I decided to try a stronger spring. Since I had made the hole a slightly larger diameter I figured a ball point spring may work. Cut it about 3/8" and installed. Cruise now comes on. Sometimes I have to wiggle the switch a little so I know I am on the low side for spring pressure.

The better news. I have been off the pain meds for 24 hours so I took it for a test drive on a street that is never busy. It works perfect! Slide it over to "on", push down to set. LCD changes from "Cruise on" to "Cruise set". Push up, the bike speeds up about one mph. Push down, it slows one mph. Tap the brakes and the LCD goes from "set" to "on" and the bike slows. Push down again and the bike sets at the new speed.

good to hear it's working but better that your off the pain meds

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter

Spyder Garage

I installed the factory radio on my ST. The "instructions" were next to useless. About two words in 14 pages. The rest were line drawings with too many details removed to understand the drawing. Some of the pics were mildly helpful.

In short, the brain installs behind the plastic, on the right side under the passenger grab rail. The wiring harness runs forward along the gas tank seam. It is held in place with supplied zip ties. Wiring harness hooks to the blank connector that it fits. Again, pretty obvious when you see it.

The large connector hooks to the similar sized large connector on the left side, near the radio brain. Use some of the little green silicon plugs to fill the empty holes on the new connector. They are just used to keep grime out of the unused pins in case you ever want to add more Farkles.

Drill a hole in the plastic for the antenna. Then a much smaller hole for the bracket to hook into. You will understand when you see the factory antenna. Ground comes from the bolt for the "brain" bracket. The extra antenna cable and ground strap gets coiled up and zip tied on the left side, kind of behind the brain. Pictures of this step were useless. Just wad it up and zip tie it somewhere.
    Yeah that's what I'm looking for , wanna compare the wiring and need a content list of what the kit contains

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    When i was installing my BRP passenger back rest, I saw what I believe is the radio unit up inside the rear fender on the right side. I looked and the part number is 710003552 but it says that it's "not available" and doesn't list a price for it either
    Ive had mine all apart in the back and the wiring harnes I there but nothing else, I need the destructions for what the kit comes with I have not found a speaker harness up front but maybe it comes with the kit otherwise I gotta find the connections in the front and the front harness in the ST parts list

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    The complete right hand switch housing new is part number 710003921 and sells for $301.85 with free shipping
    I think you could buy this switch then take it apart. Take your non-cruise switch apart and swap the new-working cruise switch for the dummy switch and the cruise would work. Just the little black part shown in the photos, held down by three torx screws.

If you could find a used right hand control switch it could even be a cheaper way to get cruise.

All you would need is the black plastic rocker switch held down by three screws.

Make sure the switch is in the off position when you take the three screws out. If it is in the on position you will loose something (probably a ball bearing and spring) out the back of the switch. Easy enough to reinstall if you can find the pieces. But why take the chance?
    Last edited by Craniac; 06-20-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ive had mine all apart in the back and the wiring harnes I there but nothing else, I need the destructions for what the kit comes with I have not found a speaker harness up front but maybe it comes with the kit otherwise I gotta find the connections in the front and the front harness in the ST parts list
    I started a new thread with a couple pics of the installation manual. The entire parts list is included.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...795#post829795

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is there a source for these switches among the cycle salvage yards?
    (Any RT switch from 2010 and on would work... )

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Is there a source for these switches among the cycle salvage yards?
    (Any RT switch from 2010 and on would work... )
    Wonder if they could determine the switch manufacturer and buy a handful of them?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are there any telltale markings on the insides of the housings?

(This is just so COOL ... cruise control; at a very reduced price! )

Spyder Garage

I wasn't looking for a manufacturer while I was in there. But I don't remember any logos or words. I do remember the date of manufacture "circles". But that is all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Are there any telltale markings on the insides of the housings?

(This is just so COOL ... cruise control; at a very reduced price! )
    I agree. This doesn't even benefit me and I'm interested in helping

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

(Me either; my RT Limited already has it... Just like your ST Limited)
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 06-20-2014 at 05:52 PM.