Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsrider View Post
    As the title says, how are 'Platinum, Gold, Silver' awarded. I have a dealer near me that was, although always very very nice, always making mistakes on motorcycle jobs for me. They are a Platinum dealer for Can-am. Does that mean they do well on s?
    Dealership level is based on many factors, but the quick overview is it's a point based system. Dealers get various amounts of points in many categories (Certified and/or Master techs on staff, customer satisfaction from the surveys completed, opting in to and maintaining BRP displays, market share, warranty campaign completion percentage, etc..). I don't think being a Platinum Level dealer is a true snapshot, but it does show if the dealer is committed to BRP as a whole (each department) as it does take work to become and maintain Platinum status.

My honest recommendation if you're looking for a strong service department, is to talk to the technician ~ Know the people who are working on your Spyder. I'm sure each of you can know in a matter of minutes if the individual actually has experience (particularly with Spyders) or is just an entry level tech who got tasked with the job that day. Then when you find one, make sure you keep them, request them, build a rapport. I know from experience our Techs (especially our main Spyder tech) have a relationship with each bike that comes in. They know the little details, almost like yourself and your primary care physician, there's a history and it makes finding problems and keeping everything working much easier. Just some food for thought and hopefully it helps.

Sincerely,

David Levitt
    Sierra Cycles
    Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Though I don't use Facebook, (I'm soo old I have to have my trophy wife do that for me) I think there is a Facebook group that also posts recent reviews/experiences with dealerships.

Seems to me once a Dealership gets awarded a rating, it doesn't get pulled because their best mechanic decides to move on, so the rating stays for some time after the reason for the rating has left the building. Possible?
    I know a dealer (don't ask for names) that still has the 2012 "Platinum" dealer sign posted on the front door. No longer are the "mechanics" diplomas posted either. My question...watcha doing for me now?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-03-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    If you want the best mechanic look to see if the dealership has a (Platinum certified mechanic) this is entirely different than a (platinum rated dealership) I think this more of an overall rating for sales and service for instance at lifestyles Honda were i have my service done the mechanic he is one of the few that is Platinum certified for Can-Am, Sea-Doo and Ski Doo.
    they have the mechanics certifications hanging on the wall in the service department this means that he has the absolute best training BRP has to offer. I was told by a friend of mine when we bought our first Spyder in 2011 that he was the only mechanic in the northwest with all three platinum certs.
    I couldn't agree more. I have been with ProCaliber, in Vancouver, Wa., since 2010. They are a 1st. rate Dealership, but it's Shawn Smoke, their Can Am Service tech that makes the dealership, for me. Shawn is the only one who touches my Spyder's. He get's a lot of national recognition and I'm fortunate to have him and Travis, the dealership mgr. covering my back.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Maybe this will help

���� dealers quick list of comments stated 2016

��Fun bike center Mesa AZ:
    ��Veys powersports
    El Cajon AZ: By same person with tire problem.

��Birds of prey Caldwell IA:
    Towing assistance for someone with key/DESS problem

��Rexburg Powersports in Idaho
    Helped a person while on a trip with a brake issue allowing fun trip.

��Sierra cycles Sierra Vista AZ:
    Someone with damaged low tire got a helping hand, loner bike & repair wrk.
    Also great reports from tombstone Ryde in

��We ride power spots ,Mesa AZ: after making customer wait,
    Actually told customer they could save $$ & time by sucking the oil out of dipstick rather & not changing filter, than a proper oil change⚠️ & made it sound like a standard practice

�� Motorsports inc
    Hanover PA: somebody had multiple issues p-brake & windshield & were instructed how to move spyder by helpful dealer (communicated tie dow instructions to tow truck over phone)

�� Ride Now Chandler AZ: someone glad with fast service.

��RideNow in Chandler, AZ:
    Someone that had previous bad experience with sales dept had a great report for the service dept

��Arctic adventures Rosendale NY: Recommended by someone to another having dealer trust issues & another�� from someone with multiple problems
    & some distance away, was towed there, bike was then fixed & delivered.

��Rivco had express delivery complications (not sure where fault was)& the refunded & made sure customer was satisfied

��Maxium Powersports Merrillville, IN : service dept failure to communicate times of repair person left w/o bike & no information for a week.
    ��by couple others that had great all around exp

��Baja Ron for service & parts all around
    ��Spyderpops for service & parts all around
    ⚡️��Lamonster all around

Corbin
    ��good looking stuff
    ��long wait on orders
    ��multiple complaints of service when there is a question on paid for expensive parts.
    ��for warranty issues when bought with dealer assistance

��
    Lou the guy who owns Pirate Motorsports on Center St in Riverside CA:
    He has customers bringing their bikes from 150 miles away--just for an oil change (really)!

��Vey's Powersports in El Cajon in San Diego CA: reports of fast service & good price from someone had parts already.

��CASWELL CYCLE Mora, MN: Group on tour had good reports for service dept

��Eddie Chance aka WildTexasRanger with Little Loyd's Engine Repair in Palestine, Tx:
    Eddie has a satellite garage in Shreveport, LA.

��Mancuso's Houston TX: Bad service request , leave bike for a simple mirror repair, not, just fix & go

Person had hot gas tank & spewing gas,
    ��pikes peak Motorsports Colo. springs, CO: was no help & dismissive of the problem
    ��RPM Motorsports Littleton Littleton, CO: was helpful same bike

��Elk Grove Powersports. North CA: general compliment of timely service wrk

�� Pro Caliber PowerSports Bend, OR: person was out on trip had mishap with transmission & was towed & fixed quickly

��Alcoa Good Times Knoxville, TN : report if fast service

��GSS Powersports in East Haven, CT.: fast second opinion & repairs for a desperate owner looking for better dealer. Found & fixed number of problems in time for an event, previous dealer failed & may be source of some of the problems found.

��ELK GROVE POWERSPORTS, CA:
    Report for fast friendly service just in time for Nor Cal rally

Person had two dealers refused Warranty work at
    ��Malcolm Smith motorsports &
    ��Temecula Motorsports Riverside, Ca
    then good help same issue @

��Pirate Motorsports Riverside CA.

�� Johnny K's in Warren, Ohio and especially in Lodi, Ohio. Great service, sales and alaround customer support.

�� to Hardings Park Cycle in Canton, Ohio. They try to charge for warranty work, believe unmolicious, they don't know what was covered, and it took them over three weeks to do a service

��Temecula Motorsports (Southern CA. LA area) NO BRP Spyder Tech available was the response. wanted some basic service. ⚠️

��Central Florida Power Sports, Kissimmee, FL. Happy customer reports yrs of good service

��Klinger PowerSports,Walton, NY
    Happy customer for years sales &service

��Ollies out of Alexandria, MN General satisfied customer sales & service
    (out of state customer)

��Mission Motorsports. CA They have an excellent Spyder Tech

��Whittier Fun Center. CA General happy customer sales & service

��Temecula MotorSports CA geNeral report by someone on 3rd spyder
    They just suck.

��Southbay

����jet world

�� Maximum Power, Peru IN
    Person had one fault the dealer found few more & repaired all in quick timeframe.

��Motorsports in Riverside, CA
    They refused to do warranty work on bike. They would Not let person talk to the Spyder Tech. They claimed since the LaMonster LED head lights and fog lights in, and also had a cig lighter connected to the aux user circut that it was Not a BRP approved install and therefore they would not help with the radio. That had issues before upgrades install.

��Pete's Motorcycles in Baltimore *
    �� J & J Powersports in Wilmington, DE **
    Quality perople and quality service. Can't say enough good about Jim and CJ. If you are in need of service, routine or emergency, or just a consult, highy recommend this dealer (don't go to Pete's).

same person had poor service @ 1 & great service @ the other
    ----------------------------------
    ��East Tennessee ATV in Elizabethton, TN
    Person had great help while out on trip after home dealer failed & took extended time on an install. Even found a problem the home dealer could not.

----------------------------
    ��Family Power Sports in Lubbock Tx , general help & happy customer with service dept

��Motomember in Leesburg General recommendation
    ��ROUTE 3A MOTORS, INC. North Chelmsford, MA multiple fails on multiple returns for simple service work

��Service Advisor@
    Filers Powersports Macedon,NY
    said spyder ONLY had rear brakes in email to customer!

What an interesting list. About one half of your "good dealers" recommend, order, and install, my Seal Floorboards for their customers when requested. I don't know how much, or if they charge them to install. It shouldn't be much, it only takes a few minutes. It just seems like good customer service to me
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    Last edited by sealfloorboards; 08-03-2018 at 01:36 PM.