Spyder Garage

Default Final post on trailer tire issue

I was notified today that BRP will reimburse me for the expense of two new trailer tires and mounting the same. BRP agreed that 3000 miles was not enough wear on the tires, but they asked that I keep track of the mileage on the new tires they are looking to see if there may be some type of issue with the trailer itself.. More than willing.
    thank you BRP for being a standup customer service business.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Great news..!

nice they covered this problem. Also good to know they are looking into it with your assistance..now will they pay for a 3,000 mile trip for you and a friend.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

are they the same brand as on the bike, i read some ware on here that brp said they had a bad batch of tires
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    are they the same brand as on the bike, i read some ware on here that brp said they had a bad batch of tires
    and they are called ...............................KENDA ......everybodies first choice in WHEELBARROW TIRES ....Mikeguyver
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-13-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Does that mean there's a chance they'll cover my back tire that's going to have to be replaced in another month

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the update

It's great to see BRP step up to pay for this for you! Main thing, you did not get hurt and had a good trip even with this issue.

Appreciate the update!!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Kendas is what BRP uses

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    yes trailer tires were Kenda..I replaced with trailer tires (same size/rating). Hi-run on sidewall. I know nothing about that particular tire it was what was available in the town that I was in. Purchased from Big R. I am replacing my rear Kenda on '14 with a Kumho Esta. 6500 miles at wear bars. Just looked at fronts..pretty sure I'll be doing good to get 9k out of them. I ran only OEM on my '10...after alignment got decent miles...not the new BRP formula for the OEM Kendas..so for me no more Kendas and not liking what I'm hearing on the newly promoted..Arachnid (spelling) tires..report from folks who ride a lot had me remove from list. Yes I am ROLO laser aligned, sway bar upgrade and JT dual air pressure thingy..guess I could fill with nitrogen aka my personal "hot air"...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

My trl has 21,000 miles now and tires just now showing that the yard done with me. As for my 14 with 26,000 and with 4 new rears Iam too looking for a better rear tire. So far they all have gotten me 6666 befor the went by by.. Yes I pull a 622 trl load all the time. So now to look for better trailer tires? Any one of a good setup yet for the 622 trl? Let us know....

Spyder Garage

Default ires

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetrucker View Post
    My trl has 21,000 miles now and tires just now showing that the yard done with me. As for my 14 with 26,000 and with 4 new rears Iam too looking for a better rear tire. So far they all have gotten me 6666 befor the went by by.. Yes I pull a 622 trl load all the time. So now to look for better trailer tires? Any one of a good setup yet for the 622 trl? Let us know....
    I put a lengthy post on Ace1330 shop talk about rear tires my wife has 65000 miles on car tires , as for trailer tires , I have pulled a bunkhouse camper for approx. 35000 mi. with my Yamaha Venture, tire failure Is a major concern on a 2 wheeler so I did a lot of research. There are many manu. that make tires for the Maxi scooters in 12" that are rated in better match to a cargo trailer weights and rated @ 90+mph. for extended interstate commuting . I settled on the Avon 130/70-12 scooter tires , they have been on my wifes spyder trailer now prob. 25000mi. and show almost no wear. They have so much better construction than typical 4.8x12 tires would prob. run flat. I put some on my Bunkhouse for our trip to Alaska and lasted about 20000 mi. but trailer has elec. brakes and wore them faster and am perfectly fine with that, hope helps someone.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MILEAGE

Quote Originally Posted by syclemom View Post
    I put a lengthy post on Ace1330 shop talk about rear tires my wife has 65000 miles on car tires , as for trailer tires , I have pulled a bunkhouse camper for approx. 35000 mi. with my Yamaha Venture, tire failure Is a major concern on a 2 wheeler so I did a lot of research. There are many manu. that make tires for the Maxi scooters in 12" that are rated in better match to a cargo trailer weights and rated @ 90+mph. for extended interstate commuting . I settled on the Avon 130/70-12 scooter tires , they have been on my wifes spyder trailer now prob. 25000mi. and show almost no wear. They have so much better construction than typical 4.8x12 tires would prob. run flat. I put some on my Bunkhouse for our trip to Alaska and lasted about 20000 mi. but trailer has elec. brakes and wore them faster and am perfectly fine with that, hope helps someone.
    65,000 miles ? ? ?.....Mikeguyver,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is interesting that the Owner's Manual recommends a cold tire pressure of 35 for the trailer and the manufacturer recommends something like 60 psi. I increased the pressure in mine since they were showing early wear.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    I was notified today that BRP will reimburse me for the expense of two new trailer tires and mounting the same. BRP agreed that 3000 miles was not enough wear on the tires, but they asked that I keep track of the mileage on the new tires they are looking to see if there may be some type of issue with the trailer itself.. More than willing.
    thank you BRP for being a standup customer service business.
    Good on BRP for standing by you for the tires!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting about the trailer tires Murphy. Please keep us informed.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Karyl, omg trailer tires, what did you do load it up with ammo, sorry I missed you this year, your new bike is wicked good.

Spyder Garage

Default tires

Yes the wife has 65,000mi. on her 2010 Rts almost no issues, she has ridden from Texas to Alaska and Virginia beach to Pacific Coast Hwy. and treats it as her car ,getting groceries in trailer,she regularly rides to our sons in Memphis alone and yes we are from Texas and yes she has a CHL lol I do not worry about her on the Spyder she had two Goldwing Trikes before getting what we were told was the first RTs sold in Texas she loves it ,she has roughly 210,000mi. on three wheels , I am still a two wheeler current ride is R1100rt but