Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

RS-S owner here.

Faster.
    Lighter.
    Meaner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 0992 View Post
    There needs to be a sport model (any one except the RT) that has RT handlebars and pegs moved forward (with floorboards) so we can ride a sport model without back fatigue and take longer more comfortable rides without all the extra bags on the back like the RT. It would be less expensive then the RT and be more affordable to more customers. This would be a popular seller to the middle age group.
    Turn signal proper turn on/off button would be helpful when passing on interstates. Now I have to fumble and take extra looking time to make sure the signals turn off when I pass a vehicle.
    But then it wouldn't be a "sport" model. Can't have it both ways.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That bike already exists: the ST!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    RS-S owner here.

Faster.
    Lighter.
    Meaner.
    Right on! Nanny needs to be tuned to allow the rear to swing out in turns allowing it to drift forcing you to counter steer. That combined with your "faster, lighter, meaner" suggestions would be great which brings to mind two things that there is no such thing as: a TV too big or too much horsepower.

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Display

Large, rectangle-shaped display that would also contain GPS as well as a back-up camera view.
    Back-up camera's are going to be required in auto's - why not us?

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Cool Suggestions for RT-S

I would like to see
    1. Rear tire valve moved to other side
    2. Remount the coolant tank for better access (big hands hard to remove cap)
    3. Longer lasting Rear Tire
    4. Floor Boards for the SM6
    5. Light in Rear Storage (trunk).
    6.Better Pass. Arm Rest

Safe Riding

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

First item is a decent audio system and intergraded with the CB.
    a better quality of CB
    a user manual that is worth while
    Better training of Dealer personnel.

Spyder Garage

A better way to mount the mirrors so that they can be removed without screwing up the interior spring clip and beating the crap out of the mirror to get it to release.

Spyder Garage

Agree with moving the rear tire valve. It'll take retooling the wheel line from the supplier.
    Horsepower? 115 from the 1330 seems to be enough for me. The 1800 Flat Six from Honda only puts out 118 hp. Torque is what counts.
    Someone mentioned adjustable handlebars, they are available as an option.
    I agree with a more comfortable stock seat. I just replaced the stock seat on my 2012 with the Comfort seat.
    Louder horn is needed.
    Fix the turn signal switch. I'm looking into replacing the stock switch with one from Kawasaki if I can make it work.
    Agree with the HMT (high mount taillight). Should be stock.
    Bring back Viper Red.
    And I like the idea of the retro two tone blue/white paint scheme.

Now, here is what really needs to be done.
    Better dealer support. Lets leave it at that, no nasty replies.
    Lower pricing on accessories/clothing.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As to colors, why do they limit the color choices on the Limited? If you spend that much you should get any color you want!!

Lower prices on accessories and clothing? That will never happen, IMHO.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Colors...
    I can see what they're doing with the base models...
    You can either have it in Black, or White
    The mid-line bikes and the Limiteds are where things get "murky"...
    I guess that I'd like to see the Limiteds get certain colors that you can ONLY get in a "LImited" (Remember the name of the bike? )
    Or give them some colors that really POP with lots of metalflake in the mix!

The Mid-line bikes could still end up with a range of colors; just perhaps not exclusive to them
    Give them Black and white, and then add some other hues that don't belong to the top-line models...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Colors...
    I can see what they're doing with the base models...
    You can either have it in Black, or White
    The mid-line bikes and the Limiteds are where things get "murky"...
    I guess that I'd like to see the Limiteds get certain colors that you can ONLY get in a "LImited" (Remember the name of the bike? )
    Or give them some colors that really POP with lots of metalflake in the mix!

The Mid-line bikes could still end up with a range of colors; just perhaps not exclusive to them
    Give them Black and white, and then add some other hues that don't belong to the top-line models...
    I think they're going in that direction. I think the Satin Silver that I got was only available in the Limited this year. Not sure about the Black Currant, but I think that was the same, only in the LT

Spyder Garage

Many of you will be able to give these suggestions personally to the "powers to be" in Durango at the Owners Event.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    A better way to mount the mirrors so that they can be removed without screwing up the interior spring clip and beating the crap out of the mirror to get it to release.
    Neither of those are necessary now.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Better turn signal switch!! Rather than this push in to cancel debacle, let's get it so all you need to do to cancel it is press it again in the direction you activated it.

Spyder Garage

My RT wish list:

- Upgraded stereo amp and speakers, we're talking another $50 and we could have decent speakers
    - True blue tooth integration. And fix the iPhone 5S cable while you're at it
    - Make the dashboard more programmable. If I want all digital displays, good. I want to leave it on the radio or iPhone, good.
    - Deeper saddle bags and frunk (can't hold a full face helmet? Really?)
    - Tire pressure sensors (like on my BMW)
    - Passenger arm rests
    - Lights, lights and more lights. Fenders, trunk, side, mirror, etc.
    - Any color at any level. I had the money for the RT-L but really love the circuit yellow and compromised a bit. Also didn't get overpriced stuff I didn't want but color was important
    - Fix the damn turn signal! I don't know how many times I've canceled it only to see it blinking in the other direction. While you're at it, make it visible on the dash

I really loved my 2008 Spyder and think the new 2014 RT-S is light years better but at this price level, I'm wanting more refinement like my BMW K1600 GTL. And more electronics. Can't have too much electronics. If it glows or makes a whirring sound that would be nice
    San Antonio, TX - 2014 RT-S Yellow (of course). Added BRP driver backrest to stock seat. Need to solve Blutooth and iPhone 5S integration problems next.

Former owner of a yellow 2008 Spyder, Cal Sci windshield, Crampbusters, KewlMetal mirror extensions, NoMagicNeon 4" risers, Corbin Seats and dual backrests. Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Honestly, I don't have all that much I'd change on the RS. Sure, *I* changed my RS quite a bit, but that was because I couldn't afford an RT at the time, and the ST wasn't yet available. I've got no interest in turning the RS into either; if anything, I'd like the RS to slowly become *even more* differentiated from its stablemates.

That said, my list:
    1. More power. BUT... I don't want the 1330 on it, at least not tuned at all like the RT. Yeah, more torque is nice, but I think the high-revving Rotax fits its character more. I'd prefer a different approach than the current 1330.
    2. A leaner, someday, oh someday...

Across the product line?
    1. Relocate the tire valve, duh.
    2. Oil sight glass.
    3. More stock lighting. Most everyone adds extra lights from day one, would be nice to skip the middleman.
    4. A dash-mounted 12v or Powerlet outlet(s), stock.
    5. Easier-to-access coolant and brake fluid reservoirs.

I'm sure I could think of more...
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Spyder Garage

Bob, CD?????

How about a Cassette Player and or an Eight Track Deck for us really OLD folks....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks for this thread!
    Now...
    Electronic frunk release... Absolutely!
    Turnsignal indicators in the mirrors.
    lighted front fender and rear side compartment "reflectors".
    Move the dang rear tire air valve!
    Finally... (This is a TOUGH one... ); the rear of the bike needs to have storage compartments that are larger. I'd suggest lengthening the bike by about four inches, and giving it about the same amount of extra width.
    Additionally; the wheelbase of the bike needs to grow by about two inches. this would make for more room in the seating area for both rider and passenger. (This one will also REALLY make a mess of the belt drive system...)
    The sound system could use a real good revamping as well; why not see if a CD player can be incorporated into it? Something that takes about a six-disc stack.
    Other than this stuff; it's perfect!!
    Living Life, Loving Life
    2017 F3T - Monolith Black Satin

2015 RTS - Intense Red Pearl
    2013 RTL - Lava Bronze - Retired

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cassettes?
    We used to record the "King Biscuit Flower Hour" off of WYSP out of Philadelphia back in the mid-seventies...
    They'd broadcast an entire album without interruption...
    I still have those little suckers laying around here somewhere...

Spyder Garage

All listed here in this entire post and a rear tire that lasts more than 6,600 miles - other than that I'm good! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    At this point I am guessing that BRP has 2015 sewed up for modifications, additions, subtractions, etc.

The point of this thread is to see what others may like to see for the future.

I will leave my suggestions to the RT--because that is currently my "ryde of choice."

Here are my suggestions for future RT models.

: Give us a "real" seat on the upline versions. RT-S and RTL. The comfort seat is better than the OEM seat--but there still must be something better. A lot of us spend an additional $1K or so to find a good aftermarket seat. Why not make something like this a part of the "top of the line" touring model.

: Give us back the electronic "frunk" release. I spent my money, I want the push button convenience.

: Light up those front fender reflectors, put a light bar on the rear trunk, and add some saddle bag lights. You can't have to many lights and they look so much better if they are built in.

: I like to see new color options every year. BRP is doing a good job. Cognac is a real winner this year. Candy Apple Red anyone? 50's Turquoise and White?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterJeff View Post
    Those are some good suggestions. Here are mine:
    • Move the rear tire air-valve to the opposite side of the rim (away from the belt sprocket)
    • It's great BRP finally came out with their own driver's backrest - now make it adjustable like nearly all the aftermarket products. Also make it removable without tools - maybe some sort of latch from under the seat.
    • Make the rear turn-signals LED like the rest of the lights (most of them).
    • Allow for vertical adjustment of the driver's pegs or floorboards, depending on model.
    • Come up with a different Cruise-control switch - I've always thought the current one is just a little awkward.
    "Also make it removable without tools - maybe some sort of latch from under the seat." That is how it currently works!

I agree with all these plus -

Make the side cases larger (fit a full face helmet inside)
    Make the funk larger (fit two full face helmets)
    Make the rear trunk larger (you get the ideal by now)
    Turn signels in the mirrors (so you can see that they are on)
    Larger dash info center with larger print
    Make the small wings stronger for use as foot rests (Highway pegs)
    Louder horn
    Helmet locks that are useable.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I agree with all the suggestions, and for only $40000 + , we can have it all!
    GUZZI :
    2020 RTL blue

Spyder Garage

The rear tire valve is on the belt side so you don't burn your hand on the exhaust, you know someone will burn there hand and try and sue...

shaft drive gets my vote.
    More passenger seat room.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Had the shaft drive on the Wing and BMW. Pair that with the new motor would be a winner, me thinks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    Large, rectangle-shaped display that would also contain GPS as well as a back-up camera view.
    Back-up camera's are going to be required in auto's - why not us?

Don
    Back up camera? Really? For me looking over my shoulder doesn't require a lot of energy, but that's just me.