Spyder Garage

Default DO NOT DOWNLOAD GARMIN UPDATE!

There is a conflict with the bike and Garmin's new Zumo 660 firmware update 5.0. I downloaded the update and the voice directions cutout and there is no cellphone sound as well. Garmin gave me an exchange and the new one had firmware 4.90. The audible directions worked as well as the cellphone sound. When I downloaded the 2015 maps, it automatically updated the firmware to 5.0 and it quit working on the new Zumo. Garmin said they just became aware of the problem and working on it. In the meantime, I do not have any audible directions or cellphone sounds. There is no timetable for when it will be fixed. The GPS does have sound outside of the cradle. The device cannot be reloaded with 4.90 once the 5.0 is installed, you are just SOL until Garmin can figure how to fix it.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-14-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

I already have update 5.0 install on my Zumo 660 since 3 weeks. No problem to report with that update. Also, i have 2015.10 map update.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402607261.615879.jpg

Spyder Garage

That's great for you. Cross your fingers. I was advised by another owner he is having the same problems since he downloaded his update. He has a 2012 and I have a 2014. Garmin just advised it appears to be on the OEM devices and on other brand bikes that Garmin makes for them (BMW, Harley, etc).
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-12-2014 at 04:17 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Very strange.... I purchase my Zumo in 2012.

Spyder Garage

Purchased mine in 2011 and moved it over to the 14' in January. But bought a new cradle harness for it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have a phone number for Garmin?
    I'd like to call them, and just see what I can Sqyeeeeeeze out of them for information about this...
    I really like that little Navigator; I'd hate to put it in peril with an update!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Here you go Bob................

1-800-800-1020

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'd like to call them, and just see what I can Sqyeeeeeeze out of them for information about this...
    I really like that little Navigator; I'd hate to put it in peril with an update!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Jim!! 4 aces.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

They should just send out or exchange them out until they find out what is going on and when they can fix it.

Spyder Garage

I understand you're having an issue and I hope you can get it resolved. I updated mine about a week ago to firmware 5.0 and 2015 map database and I've had no issues in the spyder or car mount.

Fingers crossed you can get yours working again, stupid thought and I'm sure you've checked, but double check your master volume is set to 100% the updates can reset that to 80% sometimes.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Same here,

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    I understand you're having an issue and I hope you can get it resolved. I updated mine about a week ago to firmware 5.0 and 2015 map database and I've had no issues in the spyder or car mount.

Fingers crossed you can get yours working again, stupid thought and I'm sure you've checked, but double check your master volume is set to 100% the updates can reset that to 80% sometimes.

harry

Spyder Garage

No mute, 100% on all settings. Garmin says it's their software issue causing the problem. It just sucks that there's nothing I can do but wait.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    No mute, 100% on all settings. Garmin says it's their software issue causing the problem. It just sucks that there's nothing I can do but wait.
    I wonder what the difference is? I upgraded to 5 and loaded the latest map and appear not to have any issues so far. I did meet someone at the factory tour and thiers was like yours and had no sound. So you're not alone.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Does the Garmin speaker work (just not through your radio speakers)?

Spyder Garage

Thanks misery likes company.

Correct, no sound through the bike. Only sound off the cradle and on the car cradle. It will occassonal (rarely) reset by taking out of the cradle and turning the bike and device off for a few minutes. But it will work for a minute or so, then fades away into the sunset. I hope BRP monitors and stays on top of this issue.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-14-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Spyder Garage

Guess what? The new 5.0 will mess up ALL GARMINS. So really do not download . Luck has it I have the old software on drive to reinstall in my garmin. Wow STOP don't download it.....

Spyder Garage

To late, I already updated , really doesn't effect my requirements , since I do not use voice reference and my phone is connected to sena .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetrucker View Post
    Guess what? The new 5.0 will mess up ALL GARMINS. So really do not download . Luck has it I have the old software on drive to reinstall in my garmin. Wow STOP don't download it.....
    Let me know how that works for you. They told me that 4.90 would not reinstall back into it.

Spyder Garage

Default What did they say

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Bob, you will have to keep us posted as to what they say

Bob

Spyder Garage

I use voice reference and no problem at release 5.0

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks misery likes company.

Correct, no sound through the bike. Only sound off the cradle and on the car cradle. It will occassonal (rarely) reset by taking out of the cradle and turning the bike and device off for a few minutes. But it will work for a minute or so, then fades away into the sunset. I hope BRP monitors and stays on top of this issue.
    Well then, I guess that is what is going on with my Garmin, too.

Spyder Garage

Welcome, it's a growing membership.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post

harry
    Garmin Zumo 660, got the update, no problems on the or in the car. Updated maps, etc. Have used it on three trips since the upgrade. Seems to work fine, used on the and in the car..
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Downloaded the update last night. Went on a 220 mile ride today and it worked fine.

Steve (Shooter)
    Last edited by shooter; 06-20-2014 at 09:50 AM.
    Shooter
    972-467-8077

Spyder Garage

No problems for me on 5.0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD