Spyder Garage

Default New RT owner, question about suspension

My wife and I just purchased a 2010 RT with the audio and convience package. The machine didnt have the switch on the dash for the automatic adjustment for the rear suspension. Question is, on the display on the left side there is a bar graph showing the suspension level at the 2nd from the top setting. Which should be 1 less than the firmest setting. How do you adjust this setting and what exactly is this graph showing? Not very clear in the manual. By the way, Loving this machine! Very comfortable!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Does that display stay there all of the time; or is it only making an appearance at start-up?
    For some reason that's never been fully explained to us; that information will sometimes make an appearance on the bikes that do not even have the onboard compressor for adjusting the suspension...
    You should check the prssure at the Schrader valve that's under the seat, and then adjust it based upon what sort of load you're putting on the bike.
    Before my 2010 A&C had the ACS added to it; we'd run about 65 psi for riding two-up...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts650 View Post
    My wife and I just purchased a 2010 RT with the audio and convience package. The machine didnt have the switch on the dash for the automatic adjustment for the rear suspension. Question is, on the display on the left side there is a bar graph showing the suspension level at the 2nd from the top setting. Which should be 1 less than the firmest setting. How do you adjust this setting and what exactly is this graph showing? Not very clear in the manual. By the way, Loving this machine! Very comfortable!
    The A&C package does not have the auto adjustment (meaning that the compressor is not available for that particular trim) feature, so to adjust the airbag in the rear suspension, you will need to open your seat and inflate/deflate the valve located near the brake fluid reservoir caps.

May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Does that display stay there all of the time; or is it only making an appearance at start-up?
    For some reason that's never been fully explained to us; that information will sometimes make an appearance on the bikes that do not even have the onboard compressor for adjusting the suspension...
    You should check the prssure at the Schrader valve that's under the seat, and then adjust it based upon what sort of load you're putting on the bike.
    Before my 2010 A&C had the ACS added to it; we'd run about 65 psi for riding two-up...
    NO it doesnt display it all the time. I just noticed it while cycling thru while pressing the mode button. Just wasnt sure what it measured Only had the bike for a day so I'm trying to learn alot about it before I mess with too much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    The A&C package does not have the auto adjustment (meaning that the compressor is not available for that particular trim) feature, so to adjust the airbag in the rear suspension, you will need to open your seat and inflate/deflate the valve located near the brake fluid reservoir caps.

Ok good deal, that helps alot! Thanks for the welcome!

Spyder Garage

The other posters have you covered on the function/gauge information.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post

The A&C package had the auto adjust in the 2010. I just traded my 2010 RT SE5 A&C for a 2014. It was the base RT, which is what the OP has that did not have it.

Enjoy your new ride and

2014 RT Limited - Black / Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dadof4 View Post
    The A&C package had the auto adjust in the 2010. I just traded my 2010 RT SE5 A&C for a 2014. It was the base RT, which is what the OP has that did not have it.

Enjoy your new ride and
    OK, so how do I adjust the settings if it does have the auto adjust? I have no button on the dash console. I tried to adjust on the display with the up,down buttons but nothing happened. Not saying that I did it correctly either, lol.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you have no "Up or Down" buttons on the top of the center console; the only adjustment method that you have, is an air pressure gauge and pump.

The capacity of the system is pretty small... use TINY amounts of air at first, and take some time to learn just how much you can pump in at a time.
    When my A&C was still "just" an A&C; we'd normally run about 65 psi for riding double...
    Don't exceed the systems's limits with pressure, and NEVER run it with 0 psi!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts650 View Post
    OK, so how do I adjust the settings if it does have the auto adjust? I have no button on the dash console. I tried to adjust on the display with the up,down buttons but nothing happened. Not saying that I did it correctly either, lol.
    You add or remove air manually via the schrader valve under the seat. The recommended pressure is 20 to 90 pounds predicated on the load on the bike and on your preference. All it takes is a standard air hose and a pressure gauge. If you have the manual it's covered on page 47. If you don't have the manual it's available online at the BRP website. You should check the pressure occasionally just as you do on your tires.

2014 RT Limited - Black / Currant

Spyder Garage

I would not use an air compressor to fill this as it would be too easy to put too much air in and blow out your air bag. I use the Harley version of this.

http://cycleplicity.com/products/693...YssTky71_D_BwE
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue