Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW RECORD FOR GETTING PULLED OVER

i went 4 miles before getting pulled over by a texas state trooper.
    i asked him why he pulled me over he said he was just checking.i said checking what.then he just asked for my license.

Spyder Garage

I'm sure you were some sort of unsafe distraction. Not like pulling you over is not a distraction.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iROitbRYQAw"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Spyder Garage

Default BILL OR TICKET

Rockstar,

Which would have been more the ticket or the wifes shopping spree at LOCANTERA?

VWATSO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

locantera was going to be the next stop but she was tired from packing for the hurricane evac.she settled for p f chaings at the quarry.

it was to hot to ride in san antonio anyway so we went on the jet ski until it cooled down then went for a cruise.this thing rides awsome. it was well worth the wait

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
    i asked him why he pulled me over he said he was just checking.i said checking what.then he just asked for my license.
    Guess I have been very lucky. Have not been pulled over, ever, since purchasing my Spyder.
    Carol Smead
    2010 RTS Blue, gone but not forgotten
    Former owner of 2008 PE #1032 Yellow

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

locantera was going to be the next stop but she was tired from packing for the hurricane evac.she settled for p f chaings at the quarry.

it was to hot to ride in san antonio anyway so we went on the jet ski until it cooled down then went for a cruise.this thing rides awsome. it was well worth the wait
    cooperation goes a long way

Spyder Garage

Then what happened?

Spyder Garage

Nothing to see here. Move along, Lookie-lous!

"I <3 attention!"
    -DD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daddydarko View Post
    Nothing to see here. Move along, Lookie-lous!

I LOVE SOUTH PARK!

Spyder Garage

followed last night through 2 towns before before being pulled over. Cop said he was just checking. I mentioned I thought he was lost!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i only have my permit. so he only gave me a written warning.lucky for me

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't think a cop car on the side of the road is a distraction. But anyone who crashes into one (or in this case, the one the cop pulled over) has to be a complete idiot. Unless of course they got hypnotized by the flashing lights, which in the day time would mean they're still an idiot and shouldn't be driving. At least the trooper looked like he wasn't hurt. Hopefully the people in the cars were ok...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaspyder View Post
    I don't think a cop car on the side of the road is a distraction.
    You got to be kidding me. Have you ever been stuck in miles of traffic only to find that once you get past some some guy or gal that was pulled over that the traffic starts to move again? That happens to me all the time, or use to when I lived in San Diego.

I don't know how many videos I've seen of cops and the guys they pulled over getting hit (mostly by drunks).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    You got to be kidding me. Have you ever been stuck in miles of traffic only to find that once you get past some some guy or gal that was pulled over that the traffic starts to move again? That happens to me all the time, or use to when I lived in San Diego.

I don't know how many videos I've seen of cops and the guys they pulled over getting hit (mostly by drunks).

Same thing up here in Michigan. Expressway may be backed up and when you finally get to the point where the backup originates, it might be police with someone pulled over. Many times it can even be a traffic stop ON THE OTHER SIDE of the expressway.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Read in todays paper that a pro football player was stopped for going 120 mph. The officer let him go. After it was published he got a ticket. Did'nt know they could do that.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well...I would still say that means people are idiots. I certainly don't slow down to 10 miles per hour under the speed limit when I see a cop sitting there. It's the cops that I don't see that end up pulling me over. I know that a huge portion of the population has "rubber neck" syndrome, which screws up traffic for hours sometimes, but I've also seen people come to a complete stop on the freeway, and cause a 5 car pile up, because some ducks were crossing the road. I imagine a fire truck on the side of the road would make people slow down even more than a cop car, but, meh, everybody loves firemen. (Probably because they don't write you tickets.)

Spyder Garage

i got pulled over doing 85 and the cop just wanted to check my bike out(spyder ownership has its perks)

Invalid Emails
    Pensacola Florida & Baja Alabama (Robertsdale)
    Spyder Garage

Default Speeding

Until I get better wind protection I doubt a ticket will be a problem unless it is in a School Zone! Right now anything over 55mph just is not comfortable.

Actually, in 48+ years on the road, including Ridgerunning as a teen, a Kawa triple 2-stroke, a modified 53 Olds 88, a Factory MoPar prepared '70 Charger, and various other rides i have received only ONE speeding stop! An old friend that owed me a big favor stopped me for 127 in a 25 zone and gave me a verbal warning!