Spyder Garage

Default trying to remove the baffel from a muffler

ive got a yoishie muffler on my rt and want to remove the baffel,and i tried to grind the spot weld on the nut but still cant get it off is there some kind of trick i dont know about,?and i think i messed up the nut by using the wrong tool now what.?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by napper39; 06-10-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

no one knows what i need to do,come on brothers help me get this baffle out,will i need to drill the bolt out or what.

Spyder Garage

Default Would if I could..!!

never worked with that muffler. If you had a shot of the section tour working on would help but at any rate if the baffle was held in with nuts/bolts and tacked there may be another one on the opposite side. If it is that the bolt will not come out then you will probably have to drill it out. Does seem strange that they would put a removable baffle in and then make it non removable. Were there any instructions..?? Maybe online help from yoshimura..?? Good luck...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Remove rubber plug located on the inside of muffler. Grab a drill and bit, took me about 5 minutes.
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

no rubber plug on the inside is a nut welded there with threds for the bolt to go in to that i buger up trying to turn so i could get the baffel out.

Spyder Garage

Default my advise

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    no rubber plug on the inside is a nut welded there with threds for the bolt to go in to that i buger up trying to turn so i could get the baffel out.
    Do you have a ziz wheel or a small chizel, or even use a hacksaw blade , wrap one end with eletrical tape, or even a sawzall, to get bolt out, or put a grinding tip on a drill, it just depends on the opening you have, Hope this helped.

Midnightbreeze

Spyder Garage

thanks for the help ill try drilling the bolt out the inside is too small to try any thing in there,but i need a strong bit to drill with the bolt looks very strong so a cheap bit would brake,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    thanks for the help ill try drilling the bolt out the inside is too small to try any thing in there,but i need a strong bit to drill with the bolt looks very strong so a cheap bit would brake,
    Try , a concrete drill, it has carbide on the tip , and should drill thru most anything, make sure you drill a pilot hole first, or it will drift,a jobbers bit may work for the pilot hole.

Midnightbreeze