Spyder Garage

Default Catalytic Bypass

Thinking about doing a cat bypass for my 2012 Spyder. Has anyone done this bypass? I would be interested in your experience good or bad.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

+1, I'd like to do this on my 2012 RT. That sucker gets hot and I park on leaves.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Spyder Garage

Default Cat Bypass done!

I did the cat bypass about 2 weeks ago. The heat is less and the sound with the Akrapovic muffler on my RT-S is a lot deeper and the additional low end torque isn't bad.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

No power increase, reduces a bit of heat abut make muffler way too loud and is illegal in most states. I installed one, spend a lot of money and time and it was definitely not a change for the better. I was able to cut out all the head issues on my 11 with foil faced insulation panels.

I spent over 3K trying to improve power and other than making the bike throw lots of codes there was no appreciable power increase, just lots of noise, lol.

Spyder Garage

Default Catalytic Bypass !

Quote Originally Posted by Fred-WA View Post
    Thinking about doing a cat bypass for my 2012 Spyder. Has anyone done this bypass? I would be interested in your experience good or bad.
    I did the by pass , wrapped the pipes, an cut both ends of the muffler gutted it an put a glass pack in it, Welded it back up looks almost original except for a 1&1/2 inch chrome tip. Sounds good no heat better response very happy with it !!
    my wife and I on our 2011 spyder-rt-L'IL Red

Spyder Garage

Pleased with the results of installing mine. Cooler running, much improved performance and a nice exhaust note. Well worth the cost of the part. Get the one from Lamonster, not SpyderAttitude.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default My experience!

I have a new 2013 STS with the Cat bypass....rode around for about 30 minutes....got home and put my hands on different parts of the bike including the gas cap...they were all warm but not unbearable to touch...it appears it was well worth the upgrade!
    2013 ST-S Circuit Yellow Metallic

Spyder Garage

I did it on my 2013 RT limited along with other mods 40% less heat (measured) around tank filler cap and Tupperware little more power not really any louder I have stock exhaust.

i think it helps but much more needs to be done to mitigate the heat but it is worth doing for sure.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Pleased with the results of installing mine. Cooler running, much improved performance and a nice exhaust note. Well worth the cost of the part. Get the one from Lamonster, not SpyderAttitude.
    Finally!! I know now who sells 'em. Been searching threads all over trying to find a sponsor vendor. Just sent a PM to Lamonster.
    Eric
    YNC(SS) (Retired) - U. S. Navy Submarines
    2014 RT-S Cognac
    3 seadoo's,CBR250R, Suzi GT750 waterbuffalo's x4, Rebel 250, MB5, '84 Alfa Spider, '97 Jeep TJ, '93 Saab C900CVT, '99 SLK230, '65 Mustang, '59 Fairlane, '48 Ford 8n

Spyder Garage

Default yeaup

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    definitely +1 , if you want less weight and HEAT - this is a must! 1yr and still happy with my bypass.
    '' RIDE -WINE - DINE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST DAY- SO MAKE IT COUNT DAILY''
    2013 ram 1500 RT HEMI 405 Hp
    2012 spyder RT + cat-bypass, mod muffler, PCV + auto tune, HID headlight n foggers, seal floorboards, LED's every where, supercharged ..not!
    2012 Fiat c500 conv.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Keep us posted on your experience installing. Have read a lot of posts that detail a lot of issues but everyone seems to like the result