Spyder Garage

Default North Georgia BBQ lunch

We had eleven Spyder folks at lunch today in the Georgia foothills just outside of Clarksville, Ga.

South Carolina and Georgia represented.

A bit cooler up this way but the A/C was still welcome. Food was good and the company was better.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default THANK YOU

A BIG
    'THANK YOU' GOES OUT TO THE WISE AND FABULOUS JOHN MATTOX of Murphy, NC fame, for arranging yet another one of his great SPYD3R gatherings....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    We had eleven Spyder folks at lunch today in the Georgia foothills just outside of Clarksville, Ga.

South Carolina and Georgia represented.

A bit cooler up this way but the A/C was still welcome. Food was good and the company was better.
    I always want to go to stuff like this, but then, I wonder how out of place I will be, considering I'm drastically younger than almost all the spyder riders I see pics of on this forum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by erikkelly View Post
    I always want to go to stuff like this, but then, I wonder how out of place I will be, considering I'm drastically younger than almost all the spyder riders I see pics of on this forum
    Erik:

Are you suggesting we all look old?? I don't think age has much to do with Spyder enthusiasm.

Check the guy third from the left in the photo I posted. I'm guessing he is late 20's or early 30's. He rides a cool looking bumble bee colored RS. Forgot his name though. (could be old age).
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Default HEART

HEY, WE'RE ALL YOUNG AT HEART.....
    THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT....
    WHEN YOU ARE AT MY AGE (66), YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN....
    JOIN US... WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOOSE...?
    NOTHING...
    IT'S ALL ABOUT JOINING UP WITH OTHERS THAT HAVE THE SAME THING IN COMMON, AND HAVING
    'FUN'....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R
    Last edited by SPYD3R; 06-09-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

I wish more younger people would come!! I am 41 and sometimes feel like the young buck!!! Come on, you will be more than welcome!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I wish more younger people would come!! I am 41 and sometimes feel like the young buck!!! Come on, you will be more than welcome!!!
    I'm 35. And NOOOOOO I'm definitely not saying anyone looks old. But just by people's profile pictures and most of the pictures that are posted here, it seems like the cruising/touring demographic is older than I am. Of course, theres absolutely nothing wrong with age, hell, y'all know way more about life than me thats for sure.

I guess I just wondered what I might have in common and be able to talk about. See, I'm not the most socially outgoing person, I am a computer programmer, I work from home, and have limited interactions with real people face to face. LOL.

But this is the year I actuallly use the bike (only put 1000 miles in the first year when I lived in south florida, I use it non-stop now up here in georgia), so I hope to be able to meet up and hang out with fellow spyder enthusiasts!!!

Spyder Garage

I am in IT as well. Hope to see ya!!