Thread: Limp Mode

Spyder Garage

Default Limp Mode

I have a 2011 RTS. I finally got it out of the garage tonight to get it ready for a ride in the morning. Spyder has been running great last fall before I put it away for the winter.
    tonight, I was letting it idle for a few minutes while I was cleaning it. It quit on me 4 or 5 times. I took it down my driveway ( about 300 feet) and it went into limp home mode. Each time I would try and restart, it would start and then immediately shut off. The first code it showed was P2279. I turned it off and waited a couple minutes. Still wouldn't stay started. I pushed it back to the garage, checked my relays in the front trunk, then tried it again. It started up fine and stayed running. However it seemed a little sluggish. Took down the driveway again, and now the check engine comes on the display. Checked the codes again, and I had P0106. Did the same procedure, and now both codes come up together.

any ideas?
    Just remember: "It will feel better when it stops hurting!"

Spyder Garage

My guess would be bad gas

Spyder Garage

Both codes related to intake vacuum or maps.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

from the codes I would check all the vaccum lines. More than likely you have some cracked hoses. Twist them and bend them to see. Gas should be good if you stabilized it and filled the tank before storing. Hope thats all it is and if so replace them with silicon type...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

So my question is how many vacuum lines are there. I know of two that go to the map sensor, are there any more?????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JRWW View Post
    So my question is how many vacuum lines are there. I know of two that go to the map sensor, are there any more?????
    Just went through this on my 2012 RTs with 2000 miles on it. Dealer replaced the two vac lines to the map sensor. One in the front and one at the rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Vacuum lines

Thanks for the help everyone! Yep....sure enough...one of the vacuum lines had a few cracks in it right at the bend in the hose. Having trouble finding silicone lines, but went ahead and replaced with standard lines from NAPA. I did notice that the line walls aren't as thick as the OEM.
    Just remember: "It will feel better when it stops hurting!"

Spyder Garage

Default vacuum lines

I replaced mine at 3xxx miles with NAPA lines. Now close to 12xxx miles and have not had any problems.