Thread: Unlocking Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Unlocking Seat

I just had the Comfort Seat with backrest installed a couple weeks ago (LOVE IT). Is there a way to permanently have the seat so it is not latched, so I don't have to use the key every time to unlock the seat for fueling?

Phil

Spyder Garage

Default Yeah..!!

check a thread just posted by Blueknight 911 or click here...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-ANNOYING..you can also remove the latch...

Just occured to me that if you fill in the knotch on the pin (tape over or insert a spring clip) this would prevent the latch from ctching...
    Last edited by Chupaca; 06-06-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog4ou View Post
    I just had the Comfort Seat with backrest installed a couple weeks ago (LOVE IT). Is there a way to permanently have the seat so it is not latched, so I don't have to use the key every time to unlock the seat for fueling?

Phil
    Raise the seat and look at the latching post. take a cresent or small wrench and loosen the jut on the post and it will fall into your hand. takes about 1 minute. Mine has been that way for a year or so. the seat is not going to go anywhere without the latch, you and gravity hold it down anyway. Don't have to fool with the key to put gas in.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

As posted, just remove the pin and your worries should be over. Some also remove the shock, if the seat is not heavy enough to hold things down when you are not seated.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I removed the housing the pin goes into and tucked it in a hole somewhere. The pin is still in, also added some Velcro under the seat
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't