Thread: Spyder Trap

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Trap

Our road was stone chipped two days ago and I have waited for the majority of the stone to wear in before I got the Spyder out. Unfortunately, car traffic wears the stone into a two track pattern which leaves the rear wheel of the Spyder tracking through the deep stone pile left in the middle of the lane. It creates a funny wobble, but when I got through the two mile stretch where I could turn off, I pulled into a parking lot to inspect things. I found lots of stones trapped in the rear tire treads which I flicked out with my house key. Inspection of the belt also found one small stone trapped in a belt groove. I could not see any damage to the belt or drive pulley teeth. The ride home only resulted in more rear tire pick up and no belt catches. If you have not had this experience, I hope you don't, but if you do, don't go too far without stopping to inspect.

Spyder Garage

I know exactly what you mean as they 'fixed' my road recently.

My neighbor was kind enough to call me at work and tell me about it so that I could leave the Spyder at work and drive my car home.

I didn't drive the Spyder for a few days, and when driving my car I made sure my tires were hitting those areas you are talking about (center of each lane).

Fortunatly I only have 1/2 mile to go until hitting the real pavement... and after about a week all was good - but I did end up with rocks stuck just like you did.

Glad our tax dollars are being used wisely.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ran into the same thing and I had a small gravel through my belt. Putting the new one on was not to bad with Lamonsters help but paying for the belt drained the wallet.