Spyder Garage

Default Info about the RT adjustable deflectors

While doing the video on the bent frunk switch, I decided to show folks what the adjustable deflectors are about.

There has been a lot of questions about them recently so I thought this might help.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Deflectors.

Great post Bob.
    I noticed that same thing after installing these on my RT LTD.
    I didn't make the connection between having the deflector wide open and the extra heat on my foot.
    Makes total sense.
    Thanks again for the post!

Spyder Garage

Thanks great video and info.

Spyder Garage

Default Haven't noticed any hot foot

I've had the adjustable deflectors for just a week now, but haven't noticed any difference around the right foot. But I was curious about other peoples comments about that. On my 2013 RTS, the "blow hole" as you call it in your video, that whole area is sealed off from the rest of the engine compartment. So I don't really understand how changing the deflector could force air out the blow-hole.
    Last edited by ScooterJeff; 06-05-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterJeff View Post
    I've had the adjustable deflectors for just a week now, but haven't noticed any difference around the right foot. But I was curious about other peoples comments about that. On my 2013 RTS, the "blow hole" as you call it in your video, that whole area is sealed off from the rest of the engine compartment. So I don't really understand how changing the deflector could force air out the blow-hole.

You are correct. Finless has an '11 which does not have the same air deflector behind the radiator as the 13 does. On a 13 while it will force air IN those vents, the air will come out the bottom or left side of the engine bay, not the radiator heat outlet.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame