Spyder Garage

Question "dynamic" ? power steering question

Hi, When I picked up my 2nd 2014 RTS I thought there was a problem. The steering felt like lead in the parking lot at dealer. I still can't muscle bars at a standstill (barely) enough to lock steering. After experiencing it I realized that 2014 RTS #1, must have had over-boosted steering ? It was always kind of twitchy in a straight line, even at highway speed, and you could flip the bars lock to lock at a standstill, with practically no effort. #1 is totaled, lost in a hailstorm/ culvert incident. I just wondered if their was any knowledge out there about power steering issues. I really believe my current one is working correctly, and if not for fate, I might not have known that maybe my first one was deficient in some way. Thanks for time ! Ron

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You might need to have your bike looked at.
    They give more boost at low speed, than they do up at cruising "Altitude"...
    You simply dont need so much boost, once you get rolling!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 4 MARIE View Post
    Hi, When I picked up my 2nd 2014 RTS I thought there was a problem. The steering felt like lead in the parking lot at dealer. I still can't muscle bars at a standstill (barely) enough to lock steering. After experiencing it I realized that 2014 RTS #1, must have had over-boosted steering ? It was always kind of twitchy in a straight line, even at highway speed, and you could flip the bars lock to lock at a standstill, with practically no effort. #1 is totaled, lost in a hailstorm/ culvert incident. I just wondered if their was any knowledge out there about power steering issues. I really believe my current one is working correctly, and if not for fate, I might not have known that maybe my first one was deficient in some way. Thanks for time ! Ron
    Check your tire pressure!

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

tire pressure and terrain can change the difficulty. You should have assistance from your dps when stopped and slow ryding. Once you are cruising this should decrease. It should sense your steering but if overactive would be touchy. Worth having it checek out. Its not like your first time out so you know..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    tire pressure and terrain can change the difficulty. You should have assistance from your dps when stopped and slow ryding. Once you are cruising this should decrease. It should sense your steering but if overactive would be touchy. Worth having it checek out. Its not like your first time out so you know..
    Thanks All ! Since ol' # 1 is gone, I guess it is moot anyway. And I'm lovin' #2. I'm certain this one is doing great.