Spyder Garage

Default CAPT. HERB MEMORIAL RIDE

SAT. MAY 31ST. MEMORIAL RIDE (ABOUT 50 MILES THRU DOUGLAS COUNTY) FOR CAPT. HERB. REGISTRATION STARTS 8:00 AM AT HARLEY OF ATL. ON THORNTON RD. KSU AT 11:00. $25.00 FOR RIDER AND $10.00 FOR PASSENGER. RIDE WILL HAPPEN RAIN OR SHINE. SHOULD BE A GOOD TURN OUT. WITH COST OF REGISTRATION YOU GET A $10.00 COUPON FOR FOOD AT FRED'S BBQ NEXT DOOR TO HD OF ATL. I THINK COUPON IS GOOD FOR 30 DAYS. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO TOYS FOR TOTS. THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO TRY AND MAKE THIS A YEARLY RIDE. SOMEONE SAID THEY MAY HAVE 2500 TO 5000 BIKES??? NOT SO SURE ABOUT THIS BUT SHOULD BE A GOOD TIME. HOPE SOME OF YOU GUYS CAN MAKE IT.
    RIDE HARD AND RIDE SAFE (SPYDMAN) VINCE MORRIS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cap'n Herb passed away???? I used to live in the Atlanta area and listened to him daily. The world's only snake-handling traffic reporter!!

So sad.
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 06-01-2014 at 07:41 AM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I was leaving town for SpyderFest early when they had a special one hour dedicated program on WSB Radio.
    The day he died he had stopped for an accident in Douglas County and pulled a young man out of a car most likely saving his life. The father of that young man called into the show stating what had happened.
    Captain Herb was helping with the accident when he dropped to the pavement of an appearant heart attack.

What all the people were saying about him on the show had me in tears. He was such a dedicated guy at what he did and will be missed by the Atlanta driving public.