Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Windshield Again

So, I've got the Mel's Monster Garage windshield - the high touring one - but kinda skinny. Head wind blast is OK but I'm getting the stuffing beat out of me from the sides. Actually getting whipped back and forth - head looks like one of those bobble dolls.

What windshield has the height like Mel's but also takes care of the sides ( 54 - 56 " chest ) and without lookin like I'm riding down the road in the "cone of silence" from Get Smart ?

Bottomline - What's max height , max width and still looks GOOOOOOOD toolin' down the road ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

BRP is supposed to be developing a new "Tour" version. May be worth waiting to see what they have in mind. The most effective ones are too tall for my taste and the ones that look good on the Spyder, don't seem to work too well based on most posts here.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Industries 7 will have an adjustable (both height and rake angle) screen out in a few weeks. See http://spyderryders.net.au/products.html#windscreens

Spyder Garage

I saw a picture that my dealer took of the new one that BRP is coming out with. Looks very nice. I think I saw a few spyders at homecoming with this same shield from some canadian spyder owners.

I will try to get a copy of the picture and post it here.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Final CalSci windshield comments. Although I had a couple of initial issues they have all since been resolved by Mark. Windshield is on and I am happy. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I've had the pleasure of trying almost every popular screen made for the spyder with exception of the adjustable units.

I've riden Spyder's with F1, Evo II, EVO III, Mels and the CalSci.

Hands down, the CalSci worked the best and looks the best in my opinion.

Ask me which one I have on my Spyder.
    The laser-cut precision of the CalSci gives an amazing fit and the holes are perfect. I did round the edges a bit with my dremel for a 'softer' edge, but might add some edge moulding anyway.

The adjustable units look interesting, especially the Industries 7 unit - but fortunatly my height doesn't change that often.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post
    BRP is supposed to be developing a new "Tour" version. May be worth waiting to see what they have in mind. The most effective ones are too tall for my taste and the ones that look good on the Spyder, don't seem to work too well based on most posts here.
    Here is a pic of the new BRP Ultra Touring Windshield. I have one on order.
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

ultra sport picking it up tomorrow
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

I just put a Cee Bailey on mine. I got the 21" unit, I'm 5'7" and I wish I would got the 22'. Cut outs for bars a little large. Finish is great and at $159 its is so much better than the high brp. I also us a bailey on my 07 fjr.
    2018 F3 , Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I purchased an adjustable windshield that has a defective upper part. It has so much optical distortion that I can't use it after dark. I have called Marcel July 5 times but my calls are not returned. I have sent him 6 emails with no reply. I need a replacement of the upper part of my windshield that does not have any optical distortion. What do I have to do to have M July replace the defective upper part of my windshield? As of today I do not find Marcel july to be a rsponsible supplier. Arthur Cohen, Ibsen 72, Mexico City 11560