Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Magazine Article

The Motorcycle Consumer News, December 2009, has 2 good pages of first impression of the 2010 CAN AM RT-s Spyder. It seems as if the test riders were not impressed with the high tech coputerized electrical nightmare. They would like to see a hand brake on the right handlebar. PS: we do still love ours!

Spyder Garage

Are they online or do I need to buy a magazine somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Studybaker Bob View Post
    The Motorcycle Consumer News, December 2009, has 2 good pages of first impression of the 2010 CAN AM RT-s Spyder. It seems as if the test riders were not impressed with the high tech coputerized electrical nightmare. They would like to see a hand brake on the right handlebar. PS: we do still love ours!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Are they online or do I need to buy a magazine somewhere?

MCN articles are copyrighted and are only available on their website several months after they have been published. www.mcnews.com
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Studybaker Bob View Post
    Didn't read the article but I'm confused. 2 Good pages of how they didn't like the RT!?

Lamont has put a few miles on his RT and didn't notice any electrical nightmare....

Maybe the guys writing the artilce got their WIRES CROSSED?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Wasn't made in Asia or a crotch rocket, so it's NFG.... They did not like "mother", the lack of a hand brake, or the fact that the Trike was reversed.... Kinda like Consumer Reports and Jeeps.....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have MCN right here next to me.
    The article is fair- too bad BRP used pre-production, buggy, RTs for the press intro in Quebec. The article speaks to how they warned everyone that they were going to ride with some problems and that is just what happened. One they drove had a huge flat spot in the fuel mapping, another had clutch problems. They all had radio, windshield, warning lights, etc. going wrong.

They mention how BRP is targeting Goldwing owners and said so- that's who they want to lure into buying the RT models. My sense of that owner group tells me they are not ones to put up with a lot of imperfections so I wonder why they sent all the moto-journalists out on imperfect pre-production models.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jgwoods View Post
    I have MCN right here next to me.
    The article is fair- too bad BRP used pre-production, buggy, RTs for the press intro in Quebec. The article speaks to how they warned everyone that they were going to ride with some problems and that is just what happened. One they drove had a huge flat spot in the fuel mapping, another had clutch problems. They all had radio, windshield, warning lights, etc. going wrong.

They mention how BRP is targeting Goldwing owners and said so- that's who they want to lure into buying the RT models. My sense of that owner group tells me they are not ones to put up with a lot of imperfections so I wonder why they sent all the moto-journalists out on imperfect pre-production models.
    If that is the case you do wonder what BRP was thinking. You can't write an article about what it might have been like without all the problems.

And someone that is predisposed to a negative article anyway sure isn't going to overlook problems even if they were warned.

Doesn't bother me really. In the long run the RT will make or break based on how the production models work. If they work like the one Lamont rode (minus minor glitches inherent in proto-types) then it's going to blow the GW trike away (IMHO).

Time will tell. But it is interesting that so far, the RT has gotten both rave and "Piece of Junk" reviews. The only thing that is sure with these polar write-ups is that someone is VERY WRONG!

I think BRP and the RT are going to come up smelling like a rose on this one.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

HEY LAMONT

Congrats on making it the magazine article, in Road Runner magazine.